Nani

Ekeke

Most dangerous player overall on the pitch today. Looked like scoring as well as creating.

Godfather

He played better than he has recently but I don't think he did enough to dislodge Park from being first choice on that side.
Certainly has to play more to prove that he deserves to be first choice, but I'm pretty sure he will.

On form he is just the better player

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
The lad is so frustrating, he has all the talent to be an untouchable in our team. He could be one of the best players on the planet, but he just needs to use his brain. He has everything a world class talent needs, pace, an exquisite first touch, confidence, a good shot, and all in all he as much ability as almost anyone in our team. He's out best crosser of the ball and on his day he can skin his fullback for fun. I have high hopes for Nani, he just really needs to screw his head on properly and get himself on the same wavelength as the rest of our team. The potential leftwing partnership of Nani and Evra is truly frightening

Number7

Ret's Slave
Selfish

As per usual. I don't think he had a 'great' game at all. He played well, but yet again at times he takes the selfish option instead of playing his teammates in, who are often in a much better position. I wouldn't mind, everyones entitled to a pop now and again but with him you feel he never has intentions of doing anything other than taking the shot. Often from 30 yards.

Still, an improved performance, but hardly 'great'

Cina

The lad is so frustrating, he has all the talent to be an untouchable in our team. He could be one of the best players on the planet, but he just needs to use his brain. He has everything a world class talent needs, pace, an exquisite first touch, confidence, a good shot, and all in all he as much ability as almost anyone in our team. He's out best crosser of the ball and on his day he can skin his fullback for fun. I have high hopes for Nani, he just really needs to screw his head on properly and get himself on the same wavelength as the rest of our team. The potential leftwing partnership of Nani and Evra is truly frightening
Good post that.

Godfather

Quality post

Godfather

Selfish

As per usual. I don't think he had a 'great' game at all. He played well, but yet again at times he takes the selfish option instead of playing his teammates in, who are often in a much better position. I wouldn't mind, everyones entitled to a pop now and again but with him you feel he never has intentions of doing anything other than taking the shot. Often from 30 yards.

Still, an improved performance, but hardly 'great'
Some people will always have a dig at him it seems. Did you watch the game btw?

dave2528

Most dangerous player overall on the pitch today. Looked like scoring as well as creating.
Disagree. The most dangerous man on the pitch was Berbatov by a country mile.

Nani played better than he has been, which to be honest only necessitated him playing slightly on par or above average given his recent form and mental lapses. To be fair to him he played far above average.

A couple more consecutive showings like this from him and I for one would be comfortable with him in the starting eleven against better sides.

Wes

he should be playing far more than he has done this season. Probably the best winger we have bar Ronaldo. It would make sense to play them both

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
A goal and an assist is a good return, but feck me is he frustrating.

Wes

couldn't agree more - a bit of cosmetic surgery on the ol noggin is what's needed alright

Anduin

Nani had a very good game today, a bit selfish within the first half, but I thought he cut that part out after a while.
Reckon he'll start against Derby while Park gets the nod vs. Chelsea at home. I'd love to see him back in the league as well, but I think I'll have to wait until the 14th when we play Wigan at home.

Ekeke

Its that "selfish" streak that will make him the player he'll become. In two years time those "nearly" moments will be polished and end up in the back of the net. If he develops as he should, he'll be a very menacing and productive player at that time.

To add to that, sometimes you need a player to have a go and not shirk the responsibility. What would have happened last season against Spurs had Nani not opted to optimistically launch the ball at goal from 30 yards?

Godfather

No I commented on the game and his selfish performance, without watching it.
Already thought so because he set up our player brilliantly with some great crosses and through balls, so it really can't be this game you are commenting on.

Of course he is sometimes more selfish than others, I don't mind that at all. If Berbs or Roon would be more selfish we would have scored much more goals this season, so there's no point in critizising that.

Didnt shoot once from 30 metres neither as you said.

Great performance should start much more often.

Godfather

Its that "selfish" streak that will make him the player he'll become. In two years time those "nearly" moments will be polished and end up in the back of the net. If he develops as he should, he'll be a very menacing and productive player at that time.

To add to that, sometimes you need a player to have a go and not shirk the responsibility. What would have happened last season against Spurs had Nani not opted to optimistically launch the ball at goal from 30 yards?
Absolutely agreed.

uae

Giggs was worse, as was Ronaldo. The only way he'll get any better is by playing
I'm not going to bother comparing him to other players in the past, as it's pointless. I agree, hopefully the more games he gets, the more maturity he gets in his play. Fact is though, atm he is quite rightly behind Ronaldo and Park in the pecking order. There are plenty of games left in the season, and he should get his fair share. Let's hope he kicks on from here.

Godfather

A goal and an assist is a good return, but feck me is he frustrating.
Wasnt that frustrating today tbh. Great crosses, great dribblings.
Of course some poorer desicions but still out best player after Berbatov today

Number7

Ret's Slave

Happens far too often with him...he's frustrating as feck, but I take your point regarding Spurs.

Wes

I'm not going to bother comparing him to other players in the past, as it's pointless. I agree, hopefully the more games he gets, the more maturity he gets in his play. Fact is though, atm he is quite rightly behind Ronaldo and Park in the pecking order. There are plenty of games left in the season, and he should get his fair share. Let's hope he kicks on from here.
I realise that Park has done very well for us this season, but I'd still prefer to see Nani ahead of him in the pecking order. Evil head or no evil head

Godfather

Happens far too often with him...he's frustrating as feck, but I take your point regarding Spurs.
Didnt shoot from that distance once today, it was Rooney today who tried it 3 or 4 times from the same distance

uae

He did shoot from distance, at least once. Was with his left foot, right at the start of the second half i think.

Godfather

Better than Park. I'do play Park against Chelsea though. But Nani should be first choice IMO.
True against teams like Chelsea the Park's workrate could be of big importance also his stamina, but Nani should get much more games

Godfather

He did shoot from distance, at least once. Was with his left foot, right at the start of the second half i think.
Maybe you are right, but it was nothing that made me furious, one shot from distance should be allowed, shouldnt it?

Godfather

Ok

Except that he did.
Except that he had a great performance, and stop having a dig at him.
Didnt frustrate me at all today, and one shot from distance isnt really influenting an overall performance is it?

uae

Maybe you are right, but it was nothing that made me furious, one shot from distance should be allowed, shouldnt it?
Of course. The fact that he wasted several attacking opportunities, through poor decision making or poor passing was the frustrating part. It was an inconsistent performance, which is exactly what he is atm.

twitter thread suggester
After a great run which he created all by himself, a situation in which anyone would have taken the shot.
The shot was deflected as well as far as I could tell, even if Riley gave them a goalkick.

uae

Had no problem with him shooting Top. Was just pointing out that he did, as Godfather seemed to have missed it.

Godfather

Of course. The fact that he wasted several attacking opportunities, through poor decision making or poor passing was the frustrating part. It was an inconsistent performance, which is exactly what he is atm.
What are you on? He was the one creating them. I can't agree with that at all.

Crerand Legend

Was better but plenty of room for improvement.Cant really see how any body would think that anybody else other than Berba was MOM.Hopefully today will help Nani raise his confidence which has probably been dented recently

Godfather

Had no problem with him shooting Top. Was just pointing out that he did, as Godfather seemed to have missed it.
I said he had not a single frustrating shot from distance, so that point still stands

dave2528

After a great run which he created all by himself, a situation in which anyone would have taken the shot.
The shot was deflected as well as far as I could tell, even if Riley gave them a goalkick.
Agreed.

I've been one of the first to go ape shit when Nani's tried to launch a cracker from around that distance while teammates have appeared to be in a better position to take a chance, but that attempt today was perfectly acceptable.

I want the boy to take shots because of his ability to unleashed an absolute screamer from some distance. The problem is when he puts the blinders on, becomes a one man team, and only has eyes for goal.

Didn't see any instance today where I personally thought he wasn't playing team oriented football.