Nani

Godfather

Agreed.

I've been one of the first to go ape shit when Nani's tried to launch a cracker from around that distance while teammates have appeared to be in a better position to take a chance, but that attempt today was perfectly acceptable.

I want the boy to take shots because of his ability to unleashed an absolute screamer from some distance. The problem is when he puts the blinders on, becomes a one man team, and only has eyes for goal.

Didn't see any instance today that I personally thought he wasn't playing team oriented football.
Agreed me neither

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
What are you on? He was the one creating them. I can't agree with that at all.
Must be the same thing Smashed, Number7 and a few others i'd wager were on. Fair enough though, you are entitled to your opinion.

Godfather

Must be the same thing Smashed, Number7 and a few others i'd wager were on. Fair enough though, you are entitled to your opinion.
Samshed never mentioned something like that, but you see I can see your point that he should get more team-orientated, but today was just a class performance in which he never made stupid runs or was too selfish

uae

Smashed said he was frustrating, which is what i said:confused:

uae

I never said selfish:confused: i said decision making. Did you read my post?

Godfather

I never said selfish:confused: i said decision making. Did you read my post?
You said he destroyed many chances from us today, I was of the opinion that you thought that selfishness was the reason for that, sorry for that.

Well yes then; sometimes he makes poor decisions, but it wasnt too much the case today.

uae

As i said, you are entitled to your opinion. I've said my piece anyway.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Much better today, looked more like the Nani of last season. Still dwells on the ball a little too long at times, but overall he has a very positive impact.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a run of games for him so he can get into form and give us that extra attacking threat out wide.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Agreed me neither
He shot from 25 yards out, in a crowded box once, and he took wild shots two other times when the better option to pass. There's sticking up for him with justification and then blindly defending him.

He was very good today though, no doubt about it.

Delighted to see that.

Godfather

He shot from 25 yards out, in a crowded box once, and he took wild shots two other times when the better option to pass. There's sticking up for him with justification and then blindly defending him.

He was very good today though, no doubt about it.

Delighted to see that.
As I said nothing frustrating or to worry about at all.
Rooney did the same in only about 15 minutes, no ones complaining about that at all or call him frustrating.

Good that you are delighted though.

amir51

Alright performance. He is probaly the best crosser off the wings in our team, however his decision making is still somewhat poor at times. He does tend to shoot it fro 30 yards. Though, he was alot worst at teh start...he does seem to be improving and getting his team mates more involved.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
he was very good. Sure he can be greedy but two things spring to mind. He does have a great shot on him and we've quite a few selfless players in the squad. It drives me mad when they don't shoot and i'm sure i'm not alone in that. Some of us want perfection and moan just for moanings sake

It will do him the world of good and is a good reminder to some people. Nani isn't 'crap' - some people don't like the way that he looks, that's really no ones problem but theirs. He's got a big future at the club

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Thought he made some decent decisions last night. Many times i fully expected him to run into someone or blast it into the stands, but he made a pass/cross. The little dink at the end to Rooney was a bit shite but was a good show of teamwork, when he could've just blasted it at the keeper.

Alex

The lad is class, a bit of an idiot, but wasnt Ronaldo similar when he came? He is no Ronaldo, but does have class in abundance and reckon he could turn into something very good

Anduin

His greatest weakness is decision making. It will take our coaches a while to iron it out the way it was with Ronaldo.
Agreed. If his decision-making improves dramatically he is going to be a super super player. Can do everything with the ball on his feet, pace, fantastic shooting skills, probably our best crosser, very good at taking on defenders. Already has four goals so far this season (last season he had four goals and 14 assists), I hope he gets a few more with Cup games coming up.

Brwned

As I said nothing frustrating or to worry about at all.
Rooney did the same in only about 15 minutes, no ones complaining about that at all or call him frustrating.

Good that you are delighted though.
But Rooney didn't do the same, the two times he shot he had every right to, and he got an assist in the 15 minutes he was playing.

Nani's sign of selfishness was frustrating yesterday, stop blindly defending him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His best game in a long while.

Some frustrating moments but that's wingers for you. They will always delight and torment in (more or less) equal proportions. Even the genius that is Ryan Giggs occasionally dribbles up a blind alley or overlooks the obvious pass. Overall, Nani can be very pleased with his performance.

The one thing that stood out for me was his incredibly quick feet when he took on his full-back. The ball was just a blur. He might even have quicker feet than Ronaldo. Which is an exciting prospect.

Here's hoping he gets a game on Wednesday and proves that he can be a bit more consistent than he has been so far this season.

Name Changed

weso26
Certainly has to play more to prove that he deserves to be first choice, but I'm pretty sure he will.

On form he is just the better player
If Nani plays to his best he is better than Park. But he very rarely plays to his best and that is why Park is the preferred choice. Park is more consistent so he is first choice. If Nani could get some consistency then he could take Park's place. He is a good bit off at the moment but he is young and has plenty of time to improve. He is battling against Park who is arguably one of our best and most consistent players this season. And the reason Park has that spot is because of an attribute that Nani has not acquired yet, consistency.

Brwned

His best game in a long while.

Some frustrating moments but that's wingers for you. They will always delight and torment in (more or less) equal proportions. Even the genius that is Ryan Giggs occasionally dribbles up a blind alley or overlooks the obvious pass. Overall, Nani can be very pleased with his performance.

The one thing that stood out for me was his incredibly quick feet when he took on his full-back. The ball was just a blur. He might even have quicker feet than Ronaldo. Which is an exciting prospect.

Here's hoping he gets a game on Wednesday and proves that he can be a bit more consistent than he has been so far this season.
I think so too. Ronaldo's a better dribbler but just because of his speed, Nani's ability in tight spaces and quick feet are a level above Ronaldo's.

It's good to see him playing well again, hadn't seen that in a while.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
How many wingers, except Ronaldo and Messi, are out there that are extremely talented and play consistently well? Certainly not many. It's not that there would be much better options than Nani. He will come good, he's got the talent. Once he improves his decision making and matures, he'll be a top class winger. He had a good game yesterday and is going into the right direction

Godfather

But Rooney didn't do the same, the two times he shot he had every right to, and he got an assist in the 15 minutes he was playing.

Nani's sign of selfishness was frustrating yesterday, stop blindly defending him.
Nah it's not bout blindly defending, it's just that I for one didnt think that he was frustrating today, certainly has to improve his decision making, but it was nevertheless a great performance.

Name Changed

weso26
Nah it's not bout blindly defending, it's just that I for one didnt think that he was frustrating today, certainly has to improve his decision making, but it was nevertheless a great performance.
Come on. It was better but it was not great. You are blindly defending him.

Name Changed

weso26
Best player on the pitch after Berbatov, and I'm by far not the only one thinkin like that.

Don't know why exaclty you have a dig on him? :confused:
Where did I have a dig at him? You called it a "great" performance. I disagree with "great". I did not have a dig at him.

Godfather

Where did I have a dig at him? You called it a "great" performance. I disagree with "great". I did not have a dig at him.
Ok, you have your opinion, I thought he was really good today, although SOuthampton are a shite side as well, we shouldnt forget that.

But still you should perform, something a few players weren't able to yesterday

Name Changed

weso26
Ok, you have your opinion, I thought he was really good today, although SOuthampton are a shite side as well, we shouldnt forget that.

But still you should perform, something a few players weren't able to yesterday
Most of the players did perform. Southampton were absolutely appalling and they were down to ten men for the majority of the match. That naturally leads to the team relaxing and becoming a little complacent. If it was a tougher match then the players would have performed better because they would have had to. It was simply too easy. It was like a stroll in the park.

Godfather

Most of the players did perform. Southampton were absolutely appalling and they were down to ten men for the majority of the match. That naturally leads to the team relaxing and becoming a little complacent. If it was a tougher match then the players would have performed better because they would have had to. It was simply too easy. It was like a stroll in the park.
But you have to win it.
See Chelsea or City, and therefore you need players like Berbatov, Nani, Carrick or Anderson who really played great yesterday, also Rooney who pushed us forward again.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Goggs wasnt really up for it yesteday. A decent performance, but he can do much better.
Evans was also a bit shaky on the ball. Also had better games for us
"Goggs" will have better games (that's the second time you've spelt his name wrong this morning, WTF?) but was solid enough.

Agree that Evans made a couple of crucial errors and has been struggling a wee bit, in his last couple of appearances but he wasn't all that bad. As a central defender, a single mistake can cause all sorts of problems, which is why there are so few central defenders as young as Evans playing at this level. Much easier to make one or two mistakes per game and get away with it, when you're playing as a winger like Nani

So it's a bit silly to try and claim that Nani somehow managed to "perform", whilst others weren't able.

Name Changed

weso26
But you have to win it.
See Chelsea or City, and therefore you need players like Berbatov, Nani, Carrick or Anderson who really played great yesterday, also Rooney who pushed us forward again.
We did win it.

In this post, you are naming lots of players who played "great" yesterday but in a previous post you said that most players did not perform.

So which is it? I am confused.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
"Goggs" will have better games (that's the second time you've spelt his name wrong this morning, WTF?) but was solid enough.

Agree that Evans made a couple of crucial errors and has been struggling a wee bit, in his last couple of appearances but he wasn't all that bad. As a central defender, a single mistake can cause all sorts of problems, which is why there are so few central defenders as young as Evans playing at this level. Much easier to make one or two mistakes per game and get away with it, when you're playing as a winger like Nani

So it's a bit silly to try and claim that Nani somehow managed to "perform", whilst others weren't able.
:lol:

See the matchthread

Godfather

Well yesterday, Goggs was going around for a while, I really should stop that now ^^

No it's not just Nani, your whole team or the majority of it should also against a team like Southampton be up for it, and we were so we shouldnt underrate their performances yesterday

Godfather

We did win it.

In this post, you are naming lots of players who played "great" yesterday but in a previous post you said that most players did not perform.

So which is it? I am confused.
Where did I say there most didnt perform? :confused: In contrast I said few (that's little isnt it?) didnt show their best, not more