Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear Attack

What's wrong with Nani?
There is nothing wrong with Nani but in my opinion, this lineup is very potent in Europe because it is very versatile. It can easily alter into a 4-3-3 with Nasri tucking in to chip in down the middle.

iAm20Legend

Nasri isn`t a winger for me, his best position by far is Rooney`s position.
I was thinking the same, he plays in a rather advanced position than a midfield string-puller.
I'd rather we went for a really good and versatile central mid who can pass long and short, and another who's tough and energetic, not necessarily a DM but someone who can play box-to-box all day ala Keane.

Or maybe I'm just stuck with the Keane-scholes pair in my head and can't get over it :rolleyes:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I think Nasri would play better for United than with us, since United play a more direct game compared to Arsenal.

If Ferguson tweaked the formation to a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, with two CM's sitting behind Nasri I think he'd flourish. He's shown he can tackle and is tenacious in the middle, so it's not as if he would shirk any defensive responsibilities to begin with (which seems to be something Ferguson demands of his players - responsibility). And he's shown with his time at Arsenal so far that he's better suited to playing through the middle and running at defenders.

It's a double edged sword having Fabregas in the side, as when both are playing Nasri is pushed out wide... Unless Fabregas is playing deeper in the middle of course, but we don't see that too often any more.

Defensive 5

Carrick - Fletcher

Valencia - Nasri - Nani

Rooney​

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yeah but a signing on fee is still far less than a transfer fee outlay.

When we signed Mark Bosnich in 1999, he was paid a £2.5m signing-on fee, I know this because there was an article a few weeks back by a hack who wrote Fergie needs to get the next keeper right rather than buy a fat, bloated useless goalie like Bosnich who commanded a £2m fee and I asked Mark Bosnich what he thought about the article.
Bosnich responded to me saying he was entitled to his opinion but was wrong...the fee was £2.5m!
2.5m was big money at that time for a keeper.

devilish

Anyone have any idea of the sort of fees previously paid for quality players in their final 12 months of their contract?

I'm no expert on transfers but that sort of fee for a player of Nasri's quality - already established in the PL - seems like an absolute bargain.

Plus it would be fecking over Arsenal massively. An added bonus.
Its really shows what you are as a person.....;):angel:

You're right though :)

Treble

Wenger is recorded to have said that he won't sell Nasri to United.

Neutral

BTV
Wenger is recorded to have said that he won't sell Nasri to United.
And put a ton of pressure on Nasri by openly stating his contract isn't getting signed because of 'financial issues'

Basically saying he wants a lot more than we think he is worth, or can afford to give him.

devilish

If Nasri wants to leave and join United then there is little Wenger can do about it. He can either sell him or else he can lose him for free next season.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Nasri is just the type of player we need in the midfield area - mobile, quick and technically gifted. He's more of a goal threat than anyone else in our ranks from that area as well.

So much more attractive than Young.

devilish

Isn't he a bit injury prone though?

finneh

He'd walk into our team to be fair. Would much prefer him than Modric, but it'll never happen.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The transfer forum is an area to discuss ideas and rumours as well. A link to a player doesn't have to be cast iron for it to be a discussion point. It would be negligent for the club not to at least look into the prospect of signing a player of this level when he's into the final twelve months...

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
None of you even slightly concerned at how easily and repeatedly he disappears in the biggest matches? what did he actually do for Arsenal when it came to crunch time? he had a very good spell of about 3 months between September and January and thats about it.

Matters not anyway as we clearly wont be signing him.

reelworld

None of you even slightly concerned at how easily and repeatedly he disappears in the biggest matches? what did he actually do for Arsenal when it came to crunch time? he had a very good spell of about 3 months between September and January and thats about it.

Matters not anyway as we clearly wont be signing him.
I guess the counter argument is that he'll be playing with much more winners in our team, and some of that attitude will rub on him

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
I guess the counter argument is that he'll be playing with much more winners in our team, and some of that attitude will rub on him
Perhaps, or perhaps hes a bit of a fairweather when the goings good type of player, ive never seen him shine consistently against quality opposition sure he looks great against the Birmingham citys and wigans of this world but what did he do against us? or Barcelona or Chelsea or even Liverpool for that matter?? ive regularly seen him completely go missing in such games and very rarely shine.

Doevle

cesc at 110 is a steal.

how is arsenal's wage bill so high when their best player gets 110?
Their wage structure is completely upside down - their youngest players are payed very high wages, which IMO prevents them from attracting the biggest stars.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Could see this next year:

---------------De Gea---------------
Rafael----Ferdinand---Vidic-------Evra
Valencia---Fabregas----Wilshire------Nasri
-----------Rooney----Hernandez------

beardsleybob

The quote DMC posted, but with an additional quote from Wenger regarding Gervinho and Benzema. Also some speculative interest in Samba, neither denied nor confirmed

Samir Nasri's Arsenal future in doubt - ESPN Soccernet

Arsenal forward Samir Nasri's future at the club is in doubt, with manager Arsene Wenger revealing that talks regarding a new deal for the 23-year-old have stalled.

Nasri, who scored 10 goals last season, is reportedly holding out for £110,000 a week, and has yet to put pen to paper on the five-year £90,000 a week contract offered by Arsenal.

If the club succumbs to the player's demands, Nasri will be paid the same amount as top-earner and captain Cesc Fabregas.

Of Nasri's negotiations, Wenger told French radio: "We have a financial disagreement which hasn't yet been settled. We are still in discussions but we haven't agreed a deal."

However, he dismissed claims that Arsenal were set to lose Nasri to Premier League rivals Manchester United. "One thing's for sure, we're not selling him to United," he said.

Speculation is rife that Wenger has shown interest in Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema and Lille front-man Gervinho, a claim the manager did not deny.

"Both are very interesting players. Everyone is always looking to reinforce their attack," said Wenger.

Whilst Wenger moved to assure supporters that Barcelona were no longer interested in Fabregas after making a play for the skipper last year, it was revealed by Sportsmail on Saturday that Arsenal have tabled an £8 million bid for Chris Samba. Blackburn have reportedly put a price of £12 million for the defender.

"I'd agree that we're after an experienced defender, maybe one who is used to the English game," said Wenger.

Doevle

Nasri to French TV: I don't know if I will sign a new contract. Do I want to go to #MUFC? We should see if it's real & if it is concrete.

Taken from goal.com's Stephen Darwin on Twitter.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Nasri to French TV: I don't know if I will sign a new contract. Do I want to go to #MUFC? We should see if it's real & if it is concrete.

Sounds like a "show me the money" demand to Arsenal more than a "come and get me" to Utd.

Expect a hike in wages and a new contract shortly

prateik

Trying to twist arsenal's arm.

Joe Cole's school of negotiating.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

As other have said, just using us as a bait to make Arsenal pay him the money, he wants.

mustaine

What's wrong with Nani?
People really need to figure out that Nani is much better than Valencia. Valencia is very good and works so well when we are the attacking side. However, against teams that hold the ball well and we have to defend he tends to have difficult days (thankfully we don't encounter that problem very often). He almost always goes to his right and tries to cross the ball, all good and well but Nani can do so much more. He's just better and I feel that Valencia should be the backup. Fergie loves players like Valencia, a hard worker that does what he's asked to do and helps the right back, a good crosser of the ball as well. Nani just offers more in my opinion and he's being held back. He belongs on the right in the number 7 shirt.

The biggest problem for Nani is also that Valencia is simply more likeable overall. That's part of why a lot of people around here tend to choose him over Nani in my opinion. Nani can be really, really annoying at times but we need to recognize what we have in him. He honestly has the talents to be one of the best players in the world.

buckooo1978

its difficult to say mustaine

first half of the season nani was outstanding - he invariably made the right decisions, looked like he might score every game and his assist record speaks for itself

i'm pretty sure the last time he scored though was against city (the rooney wondergoal game) and in the second half of the season he was wasteful, made poor decisions and was very inconsistent

at the same time when valencia came back from injury he was outstanding for the rest of the season - i think the only game he played in which he struggled was against barca (and all the players struggled)

valencia doesnt have the skills or raw talent that nani has but he doesnt need to do stepovers as he has raw pace, strength and is a great crosser - you only need to listen to someone like rooney talk about valencia to realise what he offers...i've never seen a player embarrass ashley cole the way valencia did this season

its a great problem to have - i just hope fergie can keep both players happy

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Didn't nasri impress in midfield? I thought people where saying he blossomed once Fabregas was injured..or is he just a winger? Can he play midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.