Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Well of course people wont be 'upset' thats a silly way of putting it, im sure different people would have different feelings, me personally i dont see where he fits in, do you want him out wide ahead of Nani or Valencia in the way we play? for me no, do you want him behind the striker relegating one of Rooney or Hernandez? again for me no, from my recollection hes never played in a 2 man centre midfield and its clearly not his best position so hes no paul scholes replacement either.

I just dont see where he fits in hence why i dont really see the point.

Devil may care

Well of course people wont be 'upset' thats a silly way of putting it, im sure different people would have different feelings, me personally i dont see where he fits in, do you want him out wide ahead of Nani or Valencia in the way we play? for me no, do you want him behind the striker relegating one of Rooney or Hernandez? again for me no, from my recollection hes never played in a 2 man centre midfield and its clearly not his best position so hes no paul scholes replacement either.

Pretty much the same way Ashley young is supposed to fit in, in the squad game he is very versatile and when you play 60 games a season and have injuries he'd be a top class addition to the depth of our attacking positions.

MalteseRedDevil

His style of play does remind me to the way giggs plays when on the left wing in the latter part of his career. Starting wide but playing in midfield. Kind of what Silva does for city.

If he is being signed to perform that role that it would be spot on for me. I certainly don't see his as the central midfielder i think we need

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Is that your subtle way of calling me sexy?
No reason to get defensive, mate, I don't judge. Let he who hasn't had gay sex in filthy public restrooms on numerous occasions cast the first stone.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I've always thought he's been at his best for Arsenal in the centre. Really stepped up and carried the team while Fabregas was out earlier this season.
But like the entire Arse squad has question marks over his mental stregnth....Could SAF make a man out of such a monumental ponce?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I don't rate Nasri that highly. And I'd worry about his mentality having spent key formative years at Arsenal...

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
5 page thread on a transfer that simply will not happen.

Why waste the time even thinking about it?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Would much rather see Young here than Nasri.
Nasri tore England a new arsehole playing CM for France, technically on the ball he's on another level, just needs to toughen up mentally.. and we're probably the only club who could make that happen. Has the ability to run games and score goals, not to mention play on the wings.. superior player to Young imo.

wr8_utd

:'(
Evra's a Muppet :lol:

Matt Spiro:

Evra sends cryptic message to Nasri: 'little prince, if you want to become a king, you know where you have to go.'

More Evra: 'If Nasri comes he needs to know u're not allowed to make mistakes here. We play to win. Every year u have guarantee of a trophy'

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Evra's a Muppet :lol:

Matt Spiro:

Evra sends cryptic message to Nasri: 'little prince, if you want to become a king, you know where you have to go.'

More Evra: 'If Nasri comes he needs to know u're not allowed to make mistakes here. We play to win. Every year u have guarantee of a trophy'
Where are those quotes from? If they're true and our players are openly talking about it, it could mean that there's something in these rumours.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
He's a terrific midfielder of outstanding quality who would have little problem establishing himself in our first team. It would be an incredible singing for us but it is pretty unlikely, even considering he has only 12 months to run on his contract.

Blair

Surely Arsenal couldn't afford to turn down a substantial offer, especially with only 12 months left on his deal.

Must be worth a punt at £16m or something.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Nasri can play the very same role Giggs currently plays for us in midfield. He has done it for Arsenal in some games to rather good effect.

"I think so yes," he said when asked if he could switch to defensive midfield.

"In any case, I am more at ease in the middle. I have more influence on the game. Even if it isn't up to me to do the dirty work, I feel capable of doing it

Nasri set for defensive role | Arsenal News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Surely Arsenal couldn't afford to turn down a substantial offer, especially with only 12 months left on his deal.

Must be worth a punt at £16m or something.
£16m for a player going into the last year of his deal would be hugely excessive, I don't see the club considering that to be money well spent.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
£16m for a player going into the last year of his deal would be hugely excessive, I don't see the club considering that to be money well spent.
Nasri at 16mil would be a stunning deal IMO

Blair

True, but that's the sort of money you'd need to get a player of his quality from a domestic rival - even with 1 year left on his contract.

That said, I'd have no qualms about the club spending £16m on him, he's fecking class. Modric would cost us over £30m, as would Sneijder.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Or wait a year and get him for free. If the player wanted to come and forced his own transfer, making it clear he'd only sign for United, he'd go for considerably less than £16m.

I should add here, that if the club did think £16m was worth paying then fine, it doesn't matter a jot to me how much we pay for X player, I just have trouble seeing the club think it's a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.