Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I'd be stunned if he joins us. I hate the waiting.

mufcwarm92

Do you guys really rate him that highly?

Personally, he's a good player but i always regarded him as soft & not United quality. Look at our mid-field over the years & all of them had a bitta bite in them, as Fergie once said "there's no wimps in my team.."

I'd love him to come, but not at the expense of Sneijder. Both would be magical tho!
I do get what you're saying, but football has changes since then and Nani is pretty much the definition of a wimp, but the reason he's here is that he's a fecking brilliant footballer. So is Nasri, but he also has a bit of a nasty streak and I'm sure we could mould that into a bit of midfield tenacity, if we were to sign him.

mufcwarm92

One thing that stood out for me about last season was how hard Nasri was to knock off the ball. I don't think he's soft at all. He won't go flying into tackles but he's a hardy little fecker.
Yep, agreed. He has the same knack that Wilshere has where he's slight of build but always puts his body in the right place and is really hard to knock off the ball.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
This was a cracking goal against us. Nasri playing through the middle too

Cant find the rest of the build up, but it was good too

dev1l

One thing that stood out for me about last season was how hard Nasri was to knock off the ball. I don't think he's soft at all. He won't go flying into tackles but he's a hardy little fecker.
In our best games last season, bar the CL final, Giggs played in CM. I don't know about Nasri but he cannot be a lot "softer" than Giggsy in the tackle. I m not saying that Giggs avoids tackling but you get the impression that he does not goes into tackle as hard as he can.

Blair

In our best games last season, bar the CL final, Giggs played in CM. I don't know about Nasri but he cannot be a lot "softer" than Giggsy in the tackle. I m not saying that Giggs avoids tackling but you get the impression that he does not goes into tackle as hard as he can.
That's true, but at Giggs' age you need to take care of yourself even more - going hard into tackles risks injury, and one bad injury could mean the end of his career.

dev1l

That's true, but at Giggs' age you need to take care of yourself even more - going hard into tackles risks injury, and one bad injury could mean the end of his career.
I m not blaming Giggs, he knows that he must take extra care and to be fair, this "extra care" paid off last season, considering the number of assists he was involved in.

My point was just about this "nasri too soft for the centre midfield" issue..

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Breaking news on SSN is that their sources say we've only made an enquiry and not a formal bid

wr8_utd

:'(
skysports_bryan Bryan Swanson
We're told Arsenal yet to receive formal offer for Samir Nasri following #mufc's enquiry #ssn

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I do get what you're saying, but football has changes since then and Nani is pretty much the definition of a wimp, but the reason he's here is that he's a fecking brilliant footballer. So is Nasri, but he also has a bit of a nasty streak and I'm sure we could mould that into a bit of midfield tenacity, if we were to sign him.
Absolutely, and for the better too. Look how many ex-players from the 60's - 90's that are fecked because of the beatings they took. Nothin wrong with hard-but-fair, and prolongin footballers careers - except any of City's of course!

Tbh i cant stand / hate Arsenal & that goes back to the battle of OT, so i find it hard to watch them - to the point that i dont, unless they play us. What i do see is the odd highlights on "Motd" or "The Premership" on RTE, but if there's some moments of magic from the likes of Nasri - i hate the bastard even more. I'm sorry, thats sounding very bitter but thats the way it is.

If he comes here tho - then i'll go straight out & buy all her back catalogue - starting with:

Heard great things about this one, from the lads down at the building site!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Do you guys really rate him that highly?

Personally, he's a good player but i always regarded him as soft & not United quality. Look at our mid-field over the years & all of them had a bitta bite in them, as Fergie once said "there's no wimps in my team.."

I'd love him to come, but not at the expense of Sneijder. Both would be magical tho!
The thing with Sneijder is he's already 27. Can you think of a player whose come to England aged over 25 in a big money transfer and done really well? It often seems higher profile names struggle after moving to this league.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
There's grown gay men on here gettin really excited after reading that... Try to tone it down in future man, we dont want to be encouraging gayness whatsoever - we'll leave that to Bluemoon & Rawk!

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Absolutely, and for the better too. Look how many ex-players from the 60's - 90's that are fecked because of the beatings they took. Nothin wrong with hard-but-fair, and prolongin footballers careers - except any of City's of course!

Tbh i cant stand / hate Arsenal & that goes back to the battle of OT, so i find it hard to watch them - to the point that i dont, unless they play us. What i do see is the odd highlights on "Motd" or "The Premership" on RTE, but if there's some moments of magic from the likes of Nasri - i hate the bastard even more. I'm sorry, thats sounding very bitter but thats the way it is.

If he comes here tho - then i'll go straight out & buy all her back catalogue - starting with:

Heard great things about this one, from the lads down at the building site!
Bear Grylls!!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I said the same thing a few pages back. You can spot the people that have not watched him recently/enough, as so many still buy into these misconceptions about him.

I think he'd fit in just nicely with us right now. In fact, he wouldn't look out of place in Barcelona's midfield in my opinion. If he played for a team thatwas challenging for trophies then he'd be regardedas one of the top midfieldersin the world, or he will be soon enough.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
The thing with Sneijder is he's already 27. Can you think of a player whose come to England aged over 25 in a big money transfer and done really well? It often seems higher profile names struggle after moving to this league.
Yeah maybe you've a point, but i think we need to take a risk to get an established player in, who doesnt have the fear factor of playin for a massive club. We have to get this correct, and this summer it seems there's gonna be quite alot of players moving around at some point & if we miss out on top quality when the opportunity was there, then that'll leave a bad taste!

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
So if we sign Nasri will be singing him this song?

Even through our darkest days
Kleberson, Djemba twins
United always marches on
Samir Nasri's in

Constant craving
For title wins

Like some strange magnetic pull
Football's home is north;
Manchester, not London though
Both believe in youth

Constant craving
For title wins
Constant craving
For title wins
Constant craving
For title wins
Constant craving
For title wins
Constant craving
For title wins

etc.

prateik

Arsenal yet to receive a formal bid for Nasri according to 'Sky Sources'

:lol:

dev1l

There's grown gay men on here gettin really excited after reading that... Try to tone it down in future man, we dont want to be encouraging gayness whatsoever - we'll leave that to Bluemoon & Rawk!
Lol .... Anyway we all know that giggsy went in hard when it mattered...

Kelvin

this will drag on very long, we can't just focus all our attention on nasri without any assurances too that we succeed, we might have to look elsewhere.

dev1l

this will drag on very long, we can't just focus all our attention on nasri without any assurances too that we succeed, we might have to look elsewhere.
Agreed...we had already started focusing on the "softer" issues, when there are still "harder" ones still to be ironed out ...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Based on that video with the Nasri goal, we should rather go for the player with the assist :)

Amir

Players like that don't grow on trees. Arsenal are unlikely to stand in his way if he's insistent he's not signing a new deal & won't accept a move elsewhere. So it's mostly about what we've heard from Nasri's people.

dev1l

Players like that don't grow on trees. Arsenal are unlikely to stand in his way if he's insistent he's not signing a new deal & won't accept a move elsewhere. So it's mostly about what we've heard from Nasri's people.
I can see Wenger preferring to let Nasri's contract expire in order to spite us....but the money men at the emirates will have other ideas...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
If Nasri's half as talented as KD Lang, we'll be getting a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.