Nba 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Doc Rivers has decided to remain the head coach of Boston

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Doc Rivers has decided to remain the head coach of Boston
I read Pierce is opting out of his contract and will become a free-agent. I think Allen is also a free-agent, so could be a rebuilding process for the Celtics. Could they possibly make an attempt to sign James?

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
I read Pierce is opting out of his contract and will become a free-agent. I think Allen is also a free-agent, so could be a rebuilding process for the Celtics. Could they possibly make an attempt to sign James?
I'm not sure if there's enough cap room considering they just resigned Rondo this past year to a decent sized contract.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle

Neutral

BTV
Im sure others have already mentioned it...but only reason Pierce opted out was so they could restructure his contract for the benefit of the team. Pierce will of course resign, and eventually retire as a Celtic.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Im sure others have already mentioned it...but only reason Pierce opted out was so they could restructure his contract for the benefit of the team. Pierce will of course resign, and eventually retire as a Celtic.
Depends on how long he wants to play. If he's close to the end of his contract and he doesn't think the Celts will re-sign him, he can sign a four year contract with less money short term but more money long term since contracts get bigger year by year. He says he wants financial security but he also doesn't want to go anywhere else. So a deal will get done. And it'll give some cap relief in the short term but it only saves the team money if he retires after one year, which he won't do if he wants financial security.

shaydun

Who will give the worst contract this offseason?

With so many desperate teams with cap space, someone is destined to overpay Joe Johnson or Ray Allen.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
hehe....like a top free agent is going to sign for the Timberwolves ever again
Well it wasn't going to be a top free agent. Just a max contract one. I think they were targeting Rudy Gay (who certainly wasn't at the top of anyone's list) as an option since all the other teams with cap room (except the Kings) will go after the other marquee free agents.

Neutral

BTV
Well it wasn't going to be a top free agent. Just a max contract one. I think they were targeting Rudy Gay (who certainly wasn't at the top of anyone's list) as an option since all the other teams with cap room (except the Kings) will go after the other marquee free agents.
The NBA could potentially be really scrwed if the top tier free agents all group together, and get involved in a bit of give and take. We could potentially have 4-5 super teams, and a whole bunch of mediocre teams....

Top 4 PL clubs and the also rans...

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
The NBA could potentially be really scrwed if the top tier free agents all group together, and get involved in a bit of give and take. We could potentially have 4-5 super teams, and a whole bunch of mediocre teams....

Top 4 PL clubs and the also rans...
Only Miami has the cap room to get three on the books for max contracts. Of course that doesn't stop the players from deciding to take lower contracts in order to play together though. Then again if Miami signs three maxes, they will have hardly any room to fill in the rest of the roster (they only have Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasley on the roster right now) and they still need 7 more to meet minimum requirements.

Neutral

BTV
STEIN_LINE_HQ: ESPN.com sources: Gay on verge of verbal agreement on five-year $80 million deal to stay with Memphis Grizzlies. Link forthcoming

There goes Rudy Gay

hungrywing

Except that there's a very real danger of missing out on everybody.

Meh. Didn't mean to state the obvious. Just that I'd not like to be a sportswriter/team exec right about now. Uber paranoia is probably running wild.

Alex

Joe Johnson
Hawks
6 years
$119 million

:lol: I'm loving this. I think the teams that win this free agency period are the ones who hold off on signing free agents altogether.
I know Joe Johnson is in the money

shaydun

Who will give the worst contract this offseason?

With so many desperate teams with cap space, someone is destined to overpay Joe Johnson or Ray Allen.
Joe Johnson
Hawks
6 years
$119 million

:lol: I'm loving this. I think the teams that win this free agency period are the ones who hold off on signing free agents altogether.
FFS, that didn't take long!!!:lol:

Neutral

BTV
You could understand a challenger maybe overpaying for Ray Allen, the guy is proven. But Joe Johnson, what has he ever done? For all the hype, the NBA really is full of dross, making megastar money

shaydun

Phil Jackson is returning to the Lakers for one year (espn).

One last roll of the dice for PJ.

Alex

Jackson is awesome, "This is the last stand, and hopefully it is a grand one."

ha_rooney

Lakers reached an agreement with the Clippers to take Steve Blake for a four year $16 million deal, with no conditions.

He's most likely replacing Farmar who has shown glimpses of his talent, but is far too inconsistent. Blake's seemingly got experience, but is he a decent player off the bench??

Wade's meeting the Bulls for a second time, but I still think he'll return to Miami.

ha_rooney

Joe Johnson agrees 6 year max contract to stay with the Hawks.

Neutral

BTV
If he doesnt get someone to run point to join him, things arent going to be too much better in NY.

SI, ran a great article about the trade, and some pros and cons of the current situation.

Alex

T. Parker might go there, along with Melo next year

jatin

there's too much blood in my alcohol system!!
Lakers reached an agreement with the Clippers to take Steve Blake for a four year $16 million deal, with no conditions.

He's most likely replacing Farmar who has shown glimpses of his talent, but is far too inconsistent. Blake's seemingly got experience, but is he a decent player off the bench??

Wade's meeting the Bulls for a second time, but I still think he'll return to Miami.
He's a terp as well :D

I guess that removes that option for LeBron, as wasn't it thought that the numbers just didn't add up on those three

It's looking like Knicks or Bulls at the moment to me

Status
Not open for further replies.