Nba 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Good for the NBA, depsite a really dreadful Game 7. If a soccer match drew that high a rating no doubt there would be resentment and talk of how boring, yadda yadda. I wonder if there has been a single negative article written about Game 7.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Did anybody see Artest's post-game interviews - the guy is crazy.

MrMarcello

Almost free agency time. Rumors flying that Bosh will go to Miami or Chicago. That Bosh and LeBron have pre-arranged to sign with Chicago. Joe Johnson will be offered a max contract by the Knicks and could end up in Miami as well. If I'm Dirk, I'm watching this all play out before signing. Then I'm signing a minimum deal or thereabouts for a year or two and hopping on someone's coattail to win a title.

Wade, Bosh and Joe in Miami, where do I sign even for a million bucks should be Dirk's question.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Apparently gambling payouts for LeBron going to Chicago and Bosh going to Chicago have dropped dramatically in recent days. To something like -500 each. Read into that however you want.

mboRa ndomHer0723

Apparently gambling payouts for LeBron going to Chicago and Bosh going to Chicago have dropped dramatically in recent days. To something like -500 each. Read into that however you want.
some places have stopped taking bets. As a chicago resident I would be pumped if Bosh and Lebron came to the Bulls. It would probably be impossible to get tickets to any games though

Alex

It will be interesting to see how it goes, LeBron, Bosh, and Rose, would be as good as any threesome in the league :drool: Kinda like what San Antonio has with Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker, but with the upside that they could be even better.

Alex

Cleveland's least favorite person turned 50 today hehe

MrMarcello

LeBron won't go to Chicago is my call. He can't live up to the expectations. Wearing the same number (or having worn it), having to win at least the same amount of championships and MVPs, etc. And his adviser worked with Jordan in the past and didn't appreciate how Reinsdorf handled the club.

I think he's staying in Cleveland or going to Miami. Unless Cuban woos him to Dallas, or that Lurch character extorts him to NJ/Brooklyn, or Dolan sells him on the LeBrons having a lesser cast in NY (granted, if he signs with the Knicks I'd expect 1-2 others to as well). Count the Clippers out IMO.

Hopefully, Dirk is watching this play out and chooses wisely. I would love to see him win in Dallas but if they can't make a big splash this summer it's not happening.

D'Antoni would turn him into a Magic Johnson type it's being said. But he coaches zero defense. Tough sell.

Alex

LeBron is changing his number to 6 anyway, regardless Jordan's 23 is retired

Alex

For what it is worth I still think that he most likely will stay in Cleveland, but Chicago is an attractive proposition for him no doubt about it

MrMarcello

I think the Knicks get left out in the cold this summer and Lee leaves as well (OKC perhaps?) unless Miami sign Bosh and LeBron thus the Knicks maxing out for Johnson. Then they go all out for Carmelo or Durant in 2011.

If they can't sign any max guy this summer, they go all out for Carmelo and Durant in 2011.

Alex

Carmelo has been offered a 3 year $65 million dollar exception, I think he would be a good fit in NYC though

MrMarcello

If Carmelo has any smarts, he'll refuse and be the premier free agent next summer. Or premier free agent 1a along with Durant. I can't see Carmelo staying in Denver - they're never winning shit.

Durant might stay in OKC. OKC could be the next threat out west. Missing one player to really have a solid nucleus. Perhaps a guy like Marc Gasol.

Only problem is they don't have any cap room and too many players under contract.

MrMarcello

Holy crap... Ric Bucher just played out how the Knicks, if extremely lucky, could sign both Johnson and Stoudemire, then trade Curry's contract to a club who wants an expiring contract and/or buy out option, and have just enough space to offer LeBron a big contract. And that D'Antoni would tell LeBron, "You're my Magic Johnson or Steve Nash in this setup."

Yikes. That's a ridiculous lineup. Not sure how much would be on the bench though. Same if the likes of Bosh and LeBron/Johnson sign with Miami to join Wade. Just a ridiculous starting five but nothing else.

He said Boozer is likely to end up in Chicago.

Alex

If Carmelo has any smarts, he'll refuse and be the premier free agent next summer. Or premier free agent 1a along with Durant. I can't see Carmelo staying in Denver - they're never winning shit.

Durant might stay in OKC. OKC could be the next threat out west. Missing one player to really have a solid nucleus. Perhaps a guy like Marc Gasol.

Only problem is they don't have any cap room and too many players under contract.
I think Melo signed a 5 year contract when Wade and LeBron signed 3 years so I think he has multiple years left. It will be interesting, personality wise he would fit in New York in a second.

Excal

This is the first year I can recall where the offseason FA speculation has approached the muppetry seen in the Premier League. Every numpty with a quote from a mailboy reporting categorically that this player will be going to Team X which will cause that player to go to Team Y, and every numpty without a quote is digging out a calculator and explaining how Team Z could afford certain people who have no interest in going within a hundred miles of that team, etc.

Alex

That's because players rarely force moves, and there is really only one real league

MrMarcello

Rumor Byron Scott would get the Lakers job if Phil goes elsewhere or retires.

Does a new coach keep the triangle offense or institute a new philosophy?

I would love to see Dirk sign with the Lakers but doubtful.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Aren't the players union and owners renegotiating salary guidelines this year or something? The salaries have gone too high for the owners and this year is likely to be the best ever contract that free agents can receive in terms of salary.

ha_rooney

Rumor Byron Scott would get the Lakers job if Phil goes elsewhere or retires.

Does a new coach keep the triangle offense or institute a new philosophy?

I would love to see Dirk sign with the Lakers but doubtful.
What about Brian Shaw taking over Jackson? He's worked with the Lakers the past few years and will probably get Kobe's vote, he's also been linked with the Cavs post as well. I suppose whoever comes in will probably keep the triangle offense, its worked the past 3 years and why change it?

I think Wade will stay in Miami and will be joined by Bosh. Don't think LeBron will go to Chicago, I think he'll end up either with the Nets or Knicks.

Btw, I don't really follow the NBA off-season or understand the free-agent rules/regulations, but can a free-agent sign a pre-contract with another team before 1st July or not?

Edit: Decent article with a few preditcions where the big names will end up: 2010 NBA Free Agency primer - Ian Thomsen - SI.com

Alex

Aren't the players union and owners renegotiating salary guidelines this year or something? The salaries have gone too high for the owners and this year is likely to be the best ever contract that free agents can receive in terms of salary.
I think much of what you have written is wrong hth :p

shaydun

Bosh for Odom and Bynum, would you do it if you were the Lakers?

Saw the rumours resurfacing on the web again, so I thought I should bring the muppetry here.

Pros:
It's Chris Bosh, alongside Kobe and Gasol

Cons:
Trades away size, talented size
Loss of bench depth
Who plays center?

Alex, this is hypothetical, no need to tell us it won't work under the cap, etc.

Alex

I seriously doubt either Odom or Bynum would accept a deal to Toronto

shaydun

I seriously doubt either Odom or Bynum would accept a deal to Toronto
Jesus Christ, I specifically put in a disclaimer to prevent your nonsense.

Alex, this is hypothetical, no need to tell us it won't work under the cap, etc.
I'm talking about how it would impact upon the Lakers as a team; as defending champs - does it make them more or less likely to win another title, and why?

So, that said, what's your opinion on the playing side of things?

shaydun

FIne why not trade DJ Mbenga for LeBron then :)
I dunno, we'd lose valuable championship experience. Wouldn't be thrilled about trading for a choker - regular season awards don't carry much weight for me:smirk:;)

Alex

Yeah I wouldn't want us to accept the trade either becasue Congo Kash is a cooler nickname than King James

MrMarcello

Bosh has said he can't operate as a 5 so I don't see how he works in LAL unless they want to move Gasol to the 5 spot, definitely not his preferred spot. I didn't know this until the player himself stated such. But adding a player with a scoring touch that Bosh adds could see the Lakers still match up quite well against other clubs. That's a big body they lose in the middle however.

I did read about a possible Bynum for Marc Gasol deal, Pau's brother, but can't locate the article. It was probably a blog. Another blogger mentioned Bynum and another player for Brook Lopez (highly unlikely). Perhaps trading Bynum to New Orleans in a move to get Chris Paul, then signing some scrub to clog the middle.

What about an Al Horford trade scenario?

Los Angeles Lakers' Andrew Bynum: Is He Trade Bait or Great? | Bleacher Report

Alex

I think getting Chris Paul would be an extremely good idea for the Lakers, Fisher cant go on forever

ha_rooney

Apparently Bosh to Miami is a done deal, he shares the same agent as Wade and there are reports a deal has already been concluded, but so far nothing other than rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.