NBA 2014-2015

TheBest

SPNTBP
@Danny How would you be viewing lebron if he goes back to Cleveland? Would you be grateful for giving Heat 4 years or you will just join the hater brigade?

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
@Danny How would you be viewing lebron if he goes back to Cleveland? Would you be grateful for giving Heat 4 years or you will just join the hater brigade?
Of course I would be grateful for those 4 great years. It was an amazing period that no Heat fan saw coming in 2010, and no Heat fan will ever forget.

I do understand the difference between Heat fans and Cleveland fans in that regard though, because they probably felt he was "theirs". For Heat fans Wade will always be the one that is "ours". Also he's leaving us with 2 titles, and he left Cleveland with none.. So I understand why it hurts more for them.

I won't be cheering for Cleveland though. :p

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
What?

Where to you get this idea?
Basically personal opinion, but I firmly believe in it. Cleveland => Miami => Phoenix will make him more of Shaq's class than Jordan's, Magic's or even Kobe's imo.

Cleveland, Miami, Cleveland is still bad imo (worse than Cleveland, Miami) but it's still much better than Cleveland, Miami, Phoenix.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
So, LeBron is worth 20m, but Tiago Splitter, Boris Diaw and some 3mil scrub are worth as much to a team?

Obviously not, thus the beauty of the max deal for the owners.

If LeBron really wanted to be an asshØle he could go to the Spurs in place of Diaw, Splitter and 3 mil worth of bench filler.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Celtics get:
Marcus Thornton
Cody Zeller
1st round pick in 2016 (from Cavs, protected)

Nets get:
Jarrett Jack
Sergey Karasev

Cavs get:
2nd round pick in 2015 (from Celtics, protected)

Makin' space for James.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Celtics get:
Marcus Thornton
Cody Zeller
1st round pick in 2016 (from Cavs, protected)

Nets get:
Jarrett Jack
Sergey Karasev

Cavs get:
2nd round pick in 2015 (from Celtics, protected)

Makin' space for James.
They want Allen and Miller too.

Also they want to trade Wiggins and pieces for Love.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
It will most likely be over today (the Decision), but Houston now need it to be over today. Everybody knows now that Lebron is going back to Cleveland, which is why Bosh is heading to Houston. However, Houston wants to get Bosh and keep Parsons. Problem? Dallas already sent a signed offer sheet to Houston, so Houston has 72 hours to match it, or Parsons will leave to Dallas. However, they can't sign it now, because if they sign it now it will eat up all the cap space they need to sign Bosh. So they need to do it the other way around, first sign Bosh and then match the offer (you're allowed to go over the cap by matching an offer for your RFA even if you're working under the cap). The other problem is that they still need to do some trades to make that space available for Bosh, and that will also probably take a bit of time (they need to move both Asik and Lin. Reportedly they already have a deal in place for Asik, but the Lin trade still needs some work).

That's why they need Lebron to make it official as quick as possible, so they can start working on those trade deals, to be able to sign Bosh in time before that 72 hour deadline expires, and that will not happen if James decides to postpone the announcement till after the World Cup final, which he will be attending.

Miami fans obviously want James to postpone his announcement now, because that will most probably mean that Bosh is staying, as he won't be able to go to Houston, the lone alternative he has at the moment.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
So, who will have the space, and the loose morals, to sign Lance Stephenson if he doesn't stay with Indy?

I think the Mavs are a likely candidate, especially if the Rockets match the Parsons offer.

Who else has space this summer?

Phoenix, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, New York, Cleveland, Lakers...

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Yippee :rolleyes:

I sincerely hope that trading Wiggins away, if they do, hurts them in the long run. He's going to be a fantastic player. I hope he does leave Cleveland. Also, how will Kyrie cope with Lebron having 95% of the ball? Might turn Irving into a spot up shooter which is a shame.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yippee :rolleyes:

I sincerely hope that trading Wiggins away, if they do, hurts them in the long run. He's going to be a fantastic player. I hope he does leave Cleveland. Also, how will Kyrie cope with Lebron having 95% of the ball? Might turn Irving into a spot up shooter which is a shame.
No way, the game today is all about penetration from the perimeter, the more the merrier.

That's why Kevin Love would be a perfect fit, he can sit in the corners and kill teams with his threes, or rebound for Irving and James.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
No way, the game today is all about penetration from the perimeter, the more the merrier.

That's why Kevin Love would be a perfect fit, he can sit in the corners and kill teams with his threes, or rebound for Irving and James.
irving is one of the best shooters in the league though and lebron is going to handle the ball and eat up all the defensive focus.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Since he gave an exclusive interview to SI, why would ESPN be running something immediately?

Also, I like that he copied Jabari Parker.
I was looking at those two sites at the moment that post was made, so I was a bit skeptical, and I was explaining why.

The SI article should show up on newsnow anyway.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
So cleveland potential lineup? Irving, Wiggins, Lebron, Thompson, Varejao?

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Rather bring Thompson off the bench and move James to the 4, and bring in a new 3.
Thompson is an incredible defensive force though, I'd rather bench Varejao and play thompson ahead of him. Thompson could be one of the best big men in the league in the near future.

Zen

Not gonna lie....at least that article/essay/whatever seems somewhat genuine of the guy......the 2010 stuff to being the villain up to like 2012 was so forced, those 4 years were worth it for him I guess. Cleveland gonna take him back with open arms of course, which is going to look insane given how they reacted, but you always want the best player....who really isn't that bad of a guy for a sportsman.

RIP Heat Fans 2010-2014. You had a good run, guess they'll flock back to.....I dunno, Lakers pretty awful, Rockets/Spurs/OKC/Cavs can't attract bandwagoners that well....so ugh, probably the Bulls.

Cavs up to 9/2 instantly. Heat down to 50/1. Brutal how important he is to the league.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Great story, but holy shit how the Cavs have been rewarded for basically absolutely no good decision-making

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Not gonna lie....at least that article/essay/whatever seems somewhat genuine of the guy......the 2010 stuff to being the villain up to like 2012 was so forced, those 4 years were worth it for him I guess. Cleveland gonna take him back with open arms of course, which is going to look insane given how they reacted, but you always want the best player....who really isn't that bad of a guy for a sportsman.

RIP Heat Fans 2010-2014. You had a good run, guess they'll flock back to.....I dunno, Lakers pretty awful, Rockets/Spurs/OKC/Cavs can't attract bandwagoners that well....so ugh, probably the Bulls.

Cavs up to 9/2 instantly. Heat down to 50/1. Brutal how important he is to the league.
I don't see the bulls attracting any more new fans. We've probably lost our centrepiece in Rose, he'll never be the MVP player he was again if I'm honest. We've amnestied Boozer, pursued Melo and Love and won't get either. We'll end up with - at best - a player like Gasol. The Bulls have a long rode ahead of them imo, I hope I'm wrong as they're by far my favourite team.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Great story, but holy shit how the Cavs have been rewarded for basically absolutely no good decision-making
They truly are a poorly run organization. What a farce of a team. Now they'll make regular deep playoff pushes again.

Zen

Um....I'm clearly just messing about. They'll flock back to Kobe and the chase for 6 obviously.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I'll be calm in a few hours.

Wade gets the shitty end of the stick in this. Feel kinda sorry for him.
Wade will be fine, he's won 3 rings, is a first ballot HOFer, and is getting a ton of money for the next 2 years. Plus Riley has more cap space to build a decent team that will challenge at least.