g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NBA 2014-2015

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It was nice while it lasted for the Heat - 3 Championships and 5 finals in a decade. Not too bad.

hungrywing

New York structured his contract like that to discourage anyone else from matching their offer/screw with anyone who might actually match it.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
It's very interesting watching the reaction of the media to this. When he left the Cavs he was a "quitter, a p*ssy, a loser, ..." and they were talking strictly from a "basketball point of view".

Now he's suddenly a "hero" and made the "right decision" because he, well basically, again quit on a failing team, and went to a team with a better roster.

It's ironic that the only guy who was consistent in this is Skip Bayless. Which says it all really.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Miami are fighting for Chris Bosh now, reportedly offering him max money. He's expected to make his decision today.

Allen will sign for the Cavs. Miller 50/50.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
It's very interesting watching the reaction of the media to this. When he left the Cavs he was a "quitter, a p*ssy, a loser, ..." and they were talking strictly from a "basketball point of view".

Now he's suddenly a "hero" and made the "right decision" because he, well basically, again quit on a failing team, and went to a team with a better roster.

It's ironic that the only guy who was consistent in this is Skip Bayless. Which says it all really.
Surely you understand the difference in the two situations.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Surely you understand the difference in the two situations.
From a sentimental point of view, I do, but I'm talking about "experts" who pretended to be talking from a "strictly basketball point of view, and legacy".

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Seems like Bosh is staying.
Indeed. Respect.

Riley doesn't like to build through the draft, he said so many times (although the best player Miami ever got was ironically from the draft), and he will try to go for short term plans. Won't win a title of course, but keep the Heat a playoff team.

Now who's the third main piece? Deng? Ariza? God forbid, Stephenson? (Of course if the Bosh deal is finalized, which is looking likely now).

Scrumpet

There are no words
Indeed. Respect.

Riley doesn't like to build through the draft, he said so many times (although the best player Miami ever got was ironically from the draft), and he will try to go for short term plans. Won't win a title of course, but keep the Heat a playoff team.

Now who's the third main piece? Deng? Ariza? God forbid, Stephenson? (Of course if the Bosh deal is finalized, which is looking likely now).
Maybe he'll go after Gasol again, presumably they can offer him more now.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Maybe he'll go after Gasol again, presumably they can offer him more now.
I don't think Gasol will be interested. Gasol reportedly wants to stay in the West coast. OKC, LA, SA, are the main favorites. If he's heading to the East he would probably rather prefer the Bulls. Also, if he wants the money then he has it in LA.

Also, Miami would probably like to sign a bit younger guys to help them build for the future.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Meanwhile, Houston are finalizing those trades now, without landing Bosh, or Melo. They have max money now (which will disappear in 24 hours) but nobody to offer it to.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
By the way, I have some bad news and good news for you.

The bad news, Miami are reportedly looking at the chance of signing Monroe. The good news (for you), they have zero chance of landing him.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Riley's statement for Lebron's Decision II.
While I am disappointed by LeBron's decision to leave Miami, no one can fault another person for wanting to return home. The last four years have been an incredible run for South Florida, HEAT fans, our organization and for all of the players who were a part of it. LeBron is a fantastic leader, athlete, teammate and person, and we are all sorry to see him go.

Over the last 19yrs, since Micky and I teamed together, The Miami HEAT has always been a championship organization; we've won multiple championships and competed for many others. Micky, Erik and I remain committed to doing whatever it takes to win and compete for championships for many years to come. We've proven that we can do it and we'll do it again.
Well done, Pat.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Morey tried to be too clever this time and it's biting him back in the ass.
Too many pending deals at once and no actual agreed deals. Even if they match Parsons contract, their squad depth is basically non-existent and no marquee free agent that they wanted.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Mimai have offered Bosh 23.5 Million a year contract? :o

I guess Pat Riley doesn't want to lose Bosh along with LeBron and feels its necessary he keeps Bosh.