NBA 2014-2015

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Rose
Dunleavy
Butler
Gasol
Noah

Augustin, Hinrich, McDermott, Taj, Mirotic the new bench mob.

If Rose was Rose, that's a better set up than the 2010-11 team, but he's not or won't be for next season anyway.
Augustin signed with the Pistons.

Zen

Awww...he was a good man. Hinrich in as backup PG then, Snell backing up Butlers endless minutes.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
The Heat has finalized the main deals using all of their cap space and all the exceptions they have at their disposal.

This is how the Heat roster will look like next season:

Bosh
McRoberts
Deng
Wade
Chalmers

Haslem
Birdman
Granger
Cole
Napier
Ennis

And 4 more players for the veteran minimum.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Just watched Durant's MVP speech. Emotional stuff right there when he talks about his mother.

"You the real MVP".

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The only reason, and I can guarantee this, the only reason that Lance Stephenson is an NBA player right now is Larry Bird. No one else in the NBA wanted to give him a chance.

Obviously no loyalty in the game anymore.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Stephenson accepts a 3 year, $27 million deal with Charlotte (according to sources).

Why?
Indy is George's team, the Pacers were never going to make Lance their marquee player, and a longer contract means less chance to make more money later.

I suspect his agent is looking to jump into a max deal after this 3 years deal is up, or sooner if there is a player option.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I don't have to. I'm not the one guaranteeing things. If no one else wanted him, the pacers wouldn't have bothered to use a pick on him. They would have signed him as an undrafted free agent.
Oh, someone would have put him on a summer league team.

But consider that even the Pacers didn't have interest in him, it was just Bird who believed in him and stuck by him when no one else in the league wanted him.

That's the word anyway, I didn't write the articles or conduct the interviews.

There's always hope you can go to Europe or the D-League and make a name for yourself. But Bird gave him a path to being a starter that no one else was interested in giving him.

And somehow Bird managed to convince him to listen, perhaps someone as successful as Bird was able to get through to him and convince him to sacrifice for the team.

But once he was in the All-Star conversation the wheels came off and Lance started talking about himself in the 3rd person.

I hope he can get the same sort of fit in Charlotte the had in Indy, I can see him easily becoming the next Stephen Jackson.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Do you really think he turned down $18 million guaranteed though? My guess is that he thought he could get more and when he realized he couldn't the pacers had already moved on and that offer was no longer on the table.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Could be, I haven't been keeping up on the rumors on this transfer, as I'm not really sure if we'd be better off with him or without him.

Obviously the Pacers will have to find someone else to bring in and that may take a season or two at least.

It's a tough call, if Stephenson had the mentality of Grant Hill you'd sign him to a max deal. The question is, what will you get from Stephenson?

It looks like no one was looking to take a gamble, I read the the Mavs wouldn't touch him.

With the Hornets he can be the main man, and Jordan has a history of signing up guys with weak mentalities (Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison, Gerald Wallace, Stephen Jackson (for a 7 pick no less), DeSagana Diop) so it's a match made in heaven.

I suspect that, without a coach demanding that Stephenson stay on the same page as everyone else at all times, Stephenson will languish.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Do you really think he turned down $18 million guaranteed though? My guess is that he thought he could get more and when he realized he couldn't the pacers had already moved on and that offer was no longer on the table.
$26 million. Third year of his contract with Charlotte is a team option, only $18m is guaranteed.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I think he went for the shorter contract because he believes he's good enough to get a max contract once this current one ends, instead of being underpaid for an additional two years.

Oo0AahCantona

so... Where do we expect love to go, also predictions for your eastern and western top 3's?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
so... Where do we expect love to go, also predictions for your eastern and western top 3's?
GSW.
West- Spurs, Clips, OKC
East- Cavs, Chicago(a lot depends on Rose), and I'm torn between Miami, Toronto and Washington. Actually after typing that, I'm not too sure on Bulls.

Oo0AahCantona

I reckon Cavs have the best package for love, so based on that Cavs.

West: Spurs, thunder, Dallas (clippers will be there or there abouts, I just feel tyson chandler and Parsons will fit like a glove with dirk)

East: Cavs, Toronto, Bulls. (massively biased Raptors fan, and i'm certain the young core will continue its organic growth, theyve also had one of the better offseasons adding a ton of depth.)

ZDwyr

Durant vaguely hinting he might like to go to his hometown team next contract, to play with Wall and Beal in DC.
There's been a lot of Durant talk since LeBron made his decision to go back to Cleveland. For some reason I'm confident that Durant will stay in OKC. Although, they would want to win a championship soon. Predictions for top 3:

West: Spurs, OKC, Dallas
East: Cavs, Pacers, Bulls

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Love to the Cavs seems imminent. Wolves should make sure that milk everything they can in this deal. Wiggins alone is not worth it at all.

ZDwyr

That was so hard to watch. Horrific. Hope he can recover and come back the same player.