NBA 2014-2015

Zen

What's with American's obsession with HOF's and being first ballots? Same deal with All-Star games, just a way for the players to big up themselves even more imo. Serious question tbf, I just find it odd, I know you grow up with them and all, so are accustomed to it.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Lebron to the cavs then. Guess Bosh will go to Houston and make them favorites out west. I would have liked to see Lebron play in the big boy conference but oh well. Read his piece on cnnsi and he makes it seem all about his connection to his hometown which is fair enough but if the cavs get Kevin Love then he probably also just joined a team with a better supporting cast.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
What's with American's obsession with HOF's and being first ballots? Same deal with All-Star games, just a way for the players to big up themselves even more imo. Serious question tbf, I just find it odd, I know you grow up with them and all, so are accustomed to it.
It's just a way of emphasizing a player's legacy is almost certainly set in stone as being a great of the game. It's a bad habit I picked up from First Take

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
LeBron wants to win a chip for Cleveland so bad, got to respect it I suppose. The East is weak, still can't see the Cavs winning it all for a while but I do think Thompson, James, Varejao, Wiggins, Irving or Love, James, Varejao, Waiters, Irving is stronger than anything the Heat could give him. LeBron's going to have people who actually rebound and a point guard who can actually run point (to an extent).

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I've been to the basketball hall of game and the baseball hall of game. Basketball is nothing special. Baseball is like Mecca. Every serious baseball fan needs to make a trip there. It's set in an idyllic small town, it has all sorts of gloves, jerseys, etc from famous moments. It has the right amount of focus on history and it is the measure of truly great players. Even baseball writers haven't been able to screw it up too badly, which is saying something.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Lebron to the cavs then. Guess Bosh will go to Houston and make them favorites out west. I would have liked to see Lebron play in the big boy conference but oh well. Read his piece on cnnsi and he makes it seem all about his connection to his hometown which is fair enough but if the cavs get Kevin Love then he probably also just joined a team with a better supporting cast.
You must be one of Bosh's friends that tell him he's already a hall of fame player!

I can't see how Bosh/Howard/Harden is better than James/Bosh/Wade to beat the Spurs.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
You must be one of Bosh's friends that tell him he's already a hall of fame player!

I can't see how Bosh/Howard/Harden is better than James/Bosh/Wade to beat the Spurs.
Just look at the players who are actually in Basketball's Hall of Fame Bosh will get in easily.

ArmchairCritic

Manziel, Wiggins and LeBron in one summer FFS how did Cleveland as a city fluke that?

ArmchairCritic

And the Heat are gonna get a lottery pick that goes to Cleveland next year :lol:.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
David Blatt is laughing himself silly now.

"My win percentage is gonna make me look like a genius! When this gig is over the Lakers will hire me for sure!"

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The Spurs are still the team to beat out West. Take a moment and recognize the insanity that is the Southwest Division

San Antonio: Champions, Big 3, Leonard and Green, coached by Pop
Houston: Howard and Bosh, Harden, Beverley
Dallas: Dirk, Parsons, Chandler, Ellis, coached by Carlslie
New Orleans: Unibrow, Asik, Anderson, Holiday, Evans
Memphis: Z-Bo, Gasol, Conley, Lee

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Howard is the best center in the NBA. You think the spurs have all those easy lay ups with him in the paint? I think Houston is a great matchup for the spurs tbh provided harden plays something resembling defense.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The Spurs are still the team to beat out West. Take a moment and recognize the insanity that is the Southwest Division

San Antonio: Champions, Big 3, Leonard and Green, coached by Pop
Houston: Howard and Bosh, Harden, Beverley
Dallas: Dirk, Parsons, Chandler, Ellis, coached by Carlslie
New Orleans: Unibrow, Asik, Anderson, Holiday, Evans
Memphis: Z-Bo, Gasol, Conley, Lee
That's crazy. Pisses me off even more that the Eastern conference is so shit.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Howard is the best center in the NBA. You think the spurs have all those easy lay ups with him in the paint? I think Houston is a great matchup for the spurs tbh provided harden plays something resembling defense.
Houston lost in the first round 4-2 to Portland, best center or not.

Portland went on to lose to the Spurs 4-1. Bosh won't change things that much.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Any honest to god Cavs fans in here?

My dad was born in Cleveland and supported the Cavs, though I wouldn't call myself a supporter I prefer them to most teams.

They're kinda hard to like, really.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Houston lost in the first round 4-2 to Portland, best center or not.

Portland went on to lose to the Spurs 4-1. Bosh won't change things that much.
The spurs are good no doubt. Maybe favorites is a bit of a stretch but the spurs were taken to seven games by the Mavs too. The west is just really really competitive and tough to predict. I think if they match the Dallas Parsons offer then they could arguably have the best starting five in the league with Beverley, Harden, Parsons, Bosh and Howard.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Strange his article didn't mention Wiggins, it's either he knows Wiggins will be traded for someone like Love or SI had the story all done before the draft, and somehow nobody leaked it out.

elmo

The spurs are good no doubt. Maybe favorites is a bit of a stretch but the spurs were taken to seven games by the Mavs too. The west is just really really competitive and tough to predict. I think if they match the Dallas Parsons offer then they could arguably have the best starting five in the league with Beverley, Harden, Parsons, Bosh and Howard.
They don't have the cap space to sign Bosh and match Dallas offer for Parsons I think. Parsons must have wanted out, if he wanted to stay, he would have waited till Houston signed Bosh to a contract before accepting Dallas offer, by accepting Dallas offer early, he has basically screwed Houston into choosing either him or Bosh.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
They don't have the cap space to sign Bosh and match Dallas offer for Parsons I think. Parsons must have wanted out, if he wanted to stay, he would have waited till Houston signed Bosh to a contract before accepting Dallas offer, by accepting Dallas offer early, he has basically screwed Houston into choosing either him or Bosh.
They still have 48 hours to make trades and sign Bosh. If they can do it then they can meet Parsons offer sheet and keep him too. But they can't match it and then sign Bosh, because they won't have enough cap space available. That's why it has to be done in this order (sign Bosh -> match offer).

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Wow.

Not a Cavs fan per say. Supported Miami mainly because of LeBron and DWade but what a story it would be if he wins with Cavs. :)

Scrumpet

There are no words
They can go over the cap to sign him I think, so long as they sign Bosh first. Something about Bird rights. I do not understand this stuff.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I thought they had three days to match the offer for parsons and if they sign Bosh before that they could still have the cap space to match but you might be right.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
I'm officially handing in my prognosticator glasses-didn't see James going back to Cleveland. Hasn't he read Thomas Wolfe?

elmo

They still have 48 hours to make trades and sign Bosh. If they can do it then they can meet Parsons offer sheet and keep him too. But they can't match it and then sign Bosh, because they won't have enough cap space available. That's why it has to be done in this order (sign Bosh -> match offer).
They can go over the cap to sign him I think, so long as they sign Bosh first. Something about Bird rights. I do not understand this stuff.
I thought they had three days to match the offer for parsons and if they sign Bosh before that they could still have the cap space to match but you might be right.
Well, they're running out of time to dump Lin to the 76ers, and Asik's trade to NOP hasn't been finalised because they haven't got the salary space to trade for Asik.

And who can be sure that Bosh will definitely take below a max offer to play for them? Any delay in any of the above deals and Morey's plan would fall apart.