NBA 2014-2015

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I think the Warriors have the series well in hand, but it's going to be tough to make an argument for historical greatness given this finals performance.

ZDwyr

Even if the Cavs lose this series LeBron should still be the finals MVP.
I was thinking this too. Does anyone from the Warriors deserve it? They've all been up and down. You could say Iguodala has played well, and he has, but LeBron has still been the standout player.

sport2793

I think the Warriors have the series well in hand, but it's going to be tough to make an argument for historical greatness given this finals performance.
I don't think they are a top 5 team all time but even with this finals performance I would still put them in the top 10. Their efficiency this season has been wonderful. I honestly think that the Warriors would have played better though if the Cavs had their full team. For the first 3 games, there was a lack of seriousness/urgency in their play and this was backed up by Draymond Green both after game 3 and today in the post-game press confernece.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I think this Warriors team will be remembered for a long time. They are a perfect representation of the current era of the NBA.

PvsNP

I think this Warriors team will be remembered for a long time. They are a perfect representation of the current era of the NBA.
Very true. Small ball, lots of 3s, multiple PGs on the court, great ball movement, etc. I like it.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Meh, Warriors just a poor mans version of Spurs.. they should be in the finals imo, if Popovich doesn't insist on Tony Parker

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't think they are a top 5 team all time but even with this finals performance I would still put them in the top 10. Their efficiency this season has been wonderful. I honestly think that the Warriors would have played better though if the Cavs had their full team. For the first 3 games, there was a lack of seriousness/urgency in their play and this was backed up by Draymond Green both after game 3 and today in the post-game press confernece.
Not with this finals performance. I think that excuse by Green is just... an excuse. I doubt they will be able to replicate this going forward but that's just a hunch on my part.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
There's no way the King won't get the finals MVP after these performances. Name a single Warriors player that's stood out? They've been consistent across the board, whilst the Cav's have consisted of practically just King James.

PvsNP

There's no way the King won't get the finals MVP after these performances. Name a single Warriors player that's stood out? They've been consistent across the board, whilst the Cav's have consisted of practically just King James.
Iguodala's done well, but it's nothing close to LBJ. Jerry West got the FMVP back in 1969 despite losing the finals, so I don't see why LeBron shouldn't get it.

sport2793

Wow, the guy seemed like such a talent, shame.
Ya he was pretty impressive at Kansas so it's a shame if he can never get to his potential. With that said, Greg Oden was an even bigger talent and injuries ate him alive so it's not unprecedented unfortunately.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He is better than Matt Barnes definitely. But, there has been constant grumblings about Paul and Griffin not enjoying playing together since they are both so ball dominant so adding another ball dominant will probably not help things. Plus with Paul and Griffin's passing you would want to surround them with shooters. Maybe the plan is having Stephenson replace Crawford as the primary ball handler of the second unit.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Stephenson was so bad last year but it's hard to fault Doc for making this move. They've got to try something but who is their backup big man now?

Imagine being much worse than Dion Waiters.
Austin Rivers has been taking growth hormones this off season. Imagine those handles at 6'9.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
He's been great.
Totally agree (and I think everybody should). The reason I'm asking you this is because he's shooting under 40% (39.9% to be precise) from the field, and I know you value FG% very highly. What made the difference for you in this case?

EDIT: he's also shooting 34.4% from 3 and 71.2% from the line.

PvsNP

Totally agree (and I think everybody should). The reason I'm asking you this is because he's shooting under 40% (39.9% to be precise) from the field, and I know you value FG% very highly. What made the difference for you in this case?
Probably that he has to do it all on his own against the best team in the league.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

EDIT: he's also shooting 34.4% from 3 and 71.2% from the line.
The Cavs offense with him on the bench is inconceivably bad. They are averaging 0.55 points per possession. To put that into perspective, the worst offense this year was the 76ers who averaged 0.96 points per possession. If lebron was doing this with love and Irving standing on the perimeter waiting for the ball, I would be criticizing him. But he's doing this with a bunch of D leaguers and over the hill vets, playing almost every minute against the #1 defense in the league. It's an incredible accomplishment.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
The Cavs offense with him on the bench is inconceivably bad. They are averaging 0.55 points per possession. To put that into perspective, the worst offense this year was the 76ers who averaged 0.96 points per possession. If lebron was doing this with love and Irving standing on the perimeter waiting for the ball, I would be criticizing him. But he's doing this with a bunch of D leaguers and over the hill vets, playing almost every minute against the #1 defense in the league. It's an incredible accomplishment.
Indeed, which is why it matters how much weight you carry in the team when we look at the stats. Efficiency doesn't always mean a better player, it sometimes reflects the role the player has in the team (and the team he has).

I myself would love to have the old Wade back (who was shooting 40 something % from the field) because he was taking over games, rather than the more efficient 50+% player who is highly selective with his shots now (because of his injuries), leaving the Heat with Chalmers or Walker taking too many shots.

It's the same reason why people thought Westbrook has done pretty well in the absence of Durant, even though he wasn't shooting a high percentage.

By the way, Lebron has been great in the finals, really great, but J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert, Timofey Mozgov and Tristan Thompson are not D-Leaguers (nor over the hill vets). They're very good role players. Love was even benched for Thompson at times during the regular season.

Probably that he has to do it all on his own against the best team in the league.
Of course, and that's kind of the point I was making (doing it all on your own = less efficiency).

Member 5225

Any word on when the Lakers will be good again? Shall I just go back into my hole then? :(

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
The situations aren't comparable at all.
10 triple doubles (while shooting over 40%) and almost single-handedly taking OKC to the playoffs after falling to 4-12 when he was out with injury, in a blood bath of a Western conference. And was doing it every (other) night for 50+games.