NBA 2015-2016

arthurka

That's what it looks like, yes.

And I get the point about every great Laker team had a big guy anchoring the middle, however todays NBA is a different game. Warriors went small to beat the Cavs.

I guess Okafor is the better pick actually, as there are more guards to get through free agency. Dragic or God forbid Rondo are still options, plus we already have Clarkson for the time being.
For those interested I found this short piece on the Lakers situation .

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...ous-choice-at-no-2-pick-in-the-2015-nba-draft

PvsNP

:lol:

Weather it's true or not, I don't think it will happen. The Cavs can't even afford him, and I don't think he'll leave Miami in the first place.

Besides, if he leaves now he won't have enough time left to "come home". :p
Unless Wade accepts a vet minimum. Doubt it will happen though, since he apparently wants more money than offered by the Heat atm.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Unless Wade accepts a vet minimum. Doubt it will happen though, since he apparently wants more money than offered by the Heat atm.
Are you considering him taking the vet minimum a 1 in 1000000000000000 possibility? There is no "doubt" about it, it's not going to happen. Wade does not need the rings any more so he's not going to sacrifice any money, let alone taking the 'minimum'.

In fact his problem with the Heat now is not about the "money" itself, but about respect and appreciation. He feels he sacrificed enough already and wants to get something back as a "thank you" from the Heat (kind of like how Chris Anderson got that $10m contract as a thank you for playing two years for minimum and helping the Heat win a ring, something they're also selling to Whiteside right now - stick with us and we'll reward you later if you perform). However Pat still thinks he can get a ring out of this team in the next few years, and he's trying to lean on the man of the franchise again to help him out. The problem is Wade doesn't need the ring that much now, so he's just asking the Heat to pay him up now for what he did all those years (he also wants a long contract with guaranteed money, which makes sense considering his health).

In my opinion it's still an internal matter and they'll figure it out eventually when Dragic's and Deng's futures are settled and when there is some clarity about which free agents the Heat will actually have a shot at. I don't think Pat will let Wade go, and I don't think Wade would want to go either.

PvsNP

Are you considering him taking the vet minimum a 1 in 1000000000000000 possibility? There is no "doubt" about it, it's not going to happen. Wade does not need the rings any more so he's not going to sacrifice any money, let alone taking the 'minimum'.

In fact his problem with the Heat now is not about the "money" itself, but about respect and appreciation. He feels he sacrificed enough already and wants to get something back as a "thank you" from the Heat (kind of like how Chris Anderson got that $10m contract as a thank you for playing two years for minimum and helping the Heat win a ring, something they're also selling to Whiteside right now - stick with us and we'll reward you later if you perform). However Pat still thinks he can get a ring out of this team in the next few years, and he's trying to lean on the man of the franchise again to help him out. The problem is Wade doesn't need the ring that much now, so he's just asking the Heat to pay him up now for what he did all those years (he also wants a long contract with guaranteed money, which makes sense considering his health).

In my opinion it's still an internal matter and they'll figure it out eventually when Dragic's and Deng's futures are settled and when there is some clarity about which free agents the Heat will actually have a shot at. I don't think Pat will let Wade go, and I don't think Wade would want to go either.
Ah, I see. I haven't read much about the situation, thanks for elaborating. He will most likely end up staying which he should.

The recent rumours about the Lakers' interest is probably BS then.

PvsNP

Some rumours before the draft:

- Lakers trying to acquire Cousins by trading their pick and a player
- Lakers are considering drafting Russell
- 76ers are interested in Porzingis
- Knicks trying to trade Calderon and 4th pick for Bledsoe and 13th. They will aim for Carroll and Monroe in FA
- Knicks are in talks with Pistons regarding trading their pick for Jennings and 8th

Most of it is probably BS, but the Knicks rumours seem realistic and probable.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Cousins, Kobe and Nick Young on the same team? I'm all for this.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
If the Lakers get Cousins that would be great for them, I just don't see them being able to outbid Philadelphia and Boston who have been acquiring assets for a disgruntled superstar for a couple of years now.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I would love this. I also read somewhere that the Pistons were after Hardaway Jr, which I would opposite of love.
Didn't Jennings play great (/exploded) when Josh Smith left? In fact had it not been for his injury I'm pretty certain Detroit would have made the playoffs.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Didn't Jennings play great (/exploded) when Josh Smith left? In fact had it not been for his injury I'm pretty certain Detroit would have made the playoffs.
Making the 8th seed in that Eastern Conference isn't impressive. Yeah Jennings played pretty well but it's still a small sample size and I'm not convinced just yet. The 4th pick is a chance at a franchise cornerstone.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Making the 8th seed in that Eastern Conference isn't impressive. Yeah Jennings played pretty well but it's still a small sample size and I'm not convinced just yet. The 4th pick is a chance at a franchise cornerstone.
Kind of hard when Detroit is picking to be honest.

PvsNP

The initial word on the Lakers' trade is that Kings get 5th, Vucevic and other picks, Magic get 2nd pick to pick Okafor and Lakers get Cousins and 6th.

That's a great trade if true.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
We got Andre Drummond, Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe 3 of our last 4 first round picks. Whereas Miami got Michael Beasley.
And Wade (when Detroit picked Milicic with their second pick). ;)

You can say they're all good players, but then again you wonder why you keep getting top picks. Drummond was a good pick though (considering the field).

Miami aren't good at drafting players either, and they rarely have top picks in the draft (since drafting Wade with the 5th pick Beasley was their only top 15 pick till this year, and he was actually their only top 3 pick in the franchise history). Riley doesn't like building through the draft, and he actually got lucky with Wade as he was going for Kaman (because the Heat needed a center) until a last minute advice from Grover.

Which is why I'm not holding my breath for the upcoming draft. Hopefully Riley can trade Miami's 10th pick for a good shooter.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
The initial word on the Lakers' trade is that Kings get 5th, Vucevic and other picks, Magic get 2nd pick to pick Okafor and Lakers get Cousins and 6th.

That's a great trade if true.
Sacramento are screwed in this deal.

PvsNP

I really can't see this deal happening. It just doesn't make any sense for anyone but the Lakers.
It wouldn't be the first time Lakers got away with a shrewd trade like this.

PvsNP

Even Woj is reporting that Karl wants Cousins out. It doesn't get more reliable than that. Hats off to Mitch Kupchak if he pulls this off.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What is Cousins like as a player? Obviously his numbers are good and there are question marks about his attitude.

But what about defense? Is he the type to hold it down almost on his own?

Bubz27

Is the draft on TV in England anywhere? Or is there somewhere I can watch it? And anybody know what time it starts over here?

Bubz27

Merci for that informative post.