NBA 2016-17

Moby

Dick
Uncle Drew's 3 pointer deciding the game, where have we seen that before. :)

Good game in Toronto. DeRozan was spectacular in the third and almost completed a successful comeback for the Raps in the end there.

Meanwhile Westbrook looks on course for another triple double.

Moby

Dick
Russell fecking Westbrook!

51 points. 13 rebounds. 10 assists. 3 point win for OKC at their first home game, that drive and shot from RW with the game tied with 17 seconds to go. :drool: This deserves a

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Anthony Davis is absolutely incredible.

Sarni

Russell fecking Westbrook!

51 points. 13 rebounds. 10 assists. 3 point win for OKC at their first home game, that drive and shot from RW with the game tied with 17 seconds to go. :drool: This deserves a

44 shots, the rest of the team had 52. It's fine for him to go for this to get to these numbers but considering they just barely beat 76ers and needed overtime to beat Suns, two of the worst teams in the NBA, it seems it will be more of a case of Westbrook competing for MVP than Oklahoma competing for wins.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It's a shame neither Westbrook nor Davis will get close to a title anytime soon. They're fascinating players.

Sarni

Let's wait and see what happens at Oakland in 5 days time.
Warriors will probably win but I haven't been impressed with them so far. Even last night at New Orleans, though they won it was a bit luckustre.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Warriors will probably win but I haven't been impressed with them so far. Even last night at New Orleans, though they won it was a bit luckustre.
That's actually quite generous. Their defense has been dire in both games and even their offense has sputtered at times. I think they'll sort out the latter fairly soon but if the defense continues in this vein it could be a lot longer season than most of the pundits (and me) were predicting.

Moby

Dick
Anthony Davis is the first player to score at least 90 points in the first two games of the season since Michael Jordan.

It's a shame neither Westbrook nor Davis will get close to a title anytime soon. They're fascinating players.
RW would've had a decent chance had KD not left. He's having to fill the scoring void he left apart from doing everything else.

Both RW and AD will have unbelievable individual stats this season.

Skills

Snitch
Russ will burn out. There's no way he can keep that up all season.

Sarni

I cannot believe what I just saw. 9 points down with about 1:30 to go, go on a run, get within 2 points 15 seconds from time, Jokic drops ball, chance to tie the game, Lillard drops ball, Chandler misses both free throws 4 seconds from time, Lillard ties within 2 seconds, 4 down in OT with 1:30 to go, tie the game, a winner 0.3s from time. Wow!

What a comeback by Blazers

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I cannot believe what I just saw. 9 points down with about 1:30 to go, go on a run, get within 2 points 15 seconds from time, Jokic drops ball, chance to tie the game, Lillard drops ball, Chandler misses both free throws 4 seconds from time, Lillard ties within 2 seconds, 4 down in OT with 1:30 to go, tie the game, a winner 0.3s from time. Wow!

What a comeback by Blazers
Basketball is only good when I don't watch it.

Fracture90

I love watched Kawhi Leonard, his rise is fascinating.
He's grown immensely in last 2 seasons, now he's a real threat offensively whilst still being the best defensive player in the league. Also his wingspan is monstrous.

Fracture90

Yeah and that's pretty important for Spurs. As great as they're defensively they need Kawhi to fire big this season offensively along with LMA if they hope to go far.
Very true and also as much as i hate to admit it, Gasol will play an important role there too it seems. There's no centre in NBA that's better in getting fouls called in his favour.

Sarni

Basketball is only good when I don't watch it.
It was seriously good finish to the game but 47 minutes before exposed us (Portland) greatly. Frontcourt is not good enough and we basically rely on Lillard to do the whole job for us. I strongly believe we will trade for third star before the deadline, pipe dream is Cousins but Kings seem to be doing quite well and I am not sure if our assets are enough to get it done. Maybe he will become disgruntled by February which will facilitate it again.

Much more doable and likely are the likes of Millsap (short term solution, gone after season), Brook Lopez (very probable IMO , we cannot trade Crabbe for him though) or one of Okafor/Noel.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Steph's scored the Dubs first ten points tonight. He 's looking good.