NBA 2016-17

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
3pt shot is killing the Warriors. Outside Curry/Durant they are 1-16. Defense a little better second half though.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Good win, although Dubs made hard work of it. The Blazers will give them all they can handle Tuesday. Final 3 pt shooting was 8-29 (Curry was 5-8).

Moby

Dick
Good win, although Dubs made hard work of it. The Blazers will give them all they can handle Tuesday. Final 3 pt shooting was 8-29 (Curry was 5-8).
Yeah tricky next couple of games. Draymond did well protecting the rim today but it would be a different challenge altogether against Portland and then Thunder.

Talking of Thunder - second triple double in 3 games for Westbrook. This generation's Big-O! :D

Moby

Dick
Devastating in the 4th Qtr. 33 Pts, 12 Reb, 16 Ast with 5-6 from the 3 pt line for the night without really hitting top gear for most of the game.

PvsNP

Devastating in the 4th Qtr. 33 Pts, 12 Reb, 16 Ast with 5-6 from the 3 pt line for the night without really hitting top gear for most of the game.
Unreal. Let's say he manages to average a triple double this season and OKC secures a 6th seed. Would he be voted MVP in that scenario? Historically, only MJ and Malone have won MVP awards with their teams finishing outside the top 2 seeds the last 30 years.

ZDwyr

Still human. He's gonna get injured if he keeps trying to do everything himself.
I am not sure that is true. The guy is a cyborg. :lol:

Another triple-double and a good 3-0 start. Will probably drop the next two to the Clippers and Warriors though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
GSW's defence looks terrible, they badly need rim protection, why did they get rid of Bog's?
Because they couldn't keep him AND get Durant. It will take time for them to get going but early impression has been very average so far. I think they will do us at Moda Center, will be so typical for Portland if Warriors click there. Cannot wait for the game though, Lillard dropped 50 points against them in regular season game last season when he wasn't even in form as good as he is in now.

Moby

Dick
Let's say he manages to average a triple double this season
You say like that is child's play. :lol:
Only the Big-O has ever done that, and he's considered an all time great for doing that. If Russ manages that feat not only would he take the MVP he will cement his place in the history of the game.

Moby

Dick
Thursday's game would be pretty interesting. Westbrook charging towards the rim against Golden State's interior defense and Durant playing against his old team for the first time.

How despised is this current Golden State team, on a scale from 1 to Miami Heat 2010-11? :D

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
How despised is this current Golden State team, on a scale from 1 to Miami Heat 2010-11? :D
I think this so called dislike is mostly media driven. Apart from Draymond Green this Warriors team is full of innocuous characters. LeBron is really polarizing so the Miami team took a lot of Heat :D. The Dubs, for the most part, are just a bunch of teddy bears. Come on, who can really hate Steph Curry and Klay Thompson? It's like kicking puppies. :)

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Because they couldn't keep him AND get Durant. It will take time for them to get going but early impression has been very average so far. I think they will do us at Moda Center, will be so typical for Portland if Warriors click there. Cannot wait for the game though, Lillard dropped 50 points against them in regular season game last season when he wasn't even in form as good as he is in now.
The Blazers gave the Dubs all they could handle last year including the beat down in the regular season. If the Blazers play well, (based on what I've seen so far from this current Warriors team), they will win.

PvsNP

You say like that is child's play. :lol:
Only the Big-O has ever done that, and he's considered an all time great for doing that. If Russ manages that feat not only would he take the MVP he will cement his place in the history of the game.
Big-O didn't even win the MVP award when he averaged a triple double. His team was a 2nd seed that season. Wilt averaged 50/25, didn't win it either. Crazy times.

Last edited:

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I think this so called dislike is mostly media driven. Apart from Draymond Green this Warriors team is full of innocuous characters. LeBron is really polarizing so the Miami team took a lot of abuse. The Dubs, for the most part, are just a bunch of teddy bears. Come on, who can really hate Steph Curry and Klay Thompson? It's like kicking puppies. :)
Media driven:lol: Curry and Thompson are both two spoiled arrogant rich kids and especially the latter seems to be quite a crybaby as well. Add Durants questionable decision and Greens anticts and it's quite obvious why they're disliked, I'd put them on the Miami Heat level.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Media driven:lol: Curry and Thompson are both two spoiled arrogant rich kids and especially the latter seems to be quite a crybaby as well. Add Durants questionable decision and Greens anticts and it's quite obvious why they're disliked, I'd put them on the Miami Heat level.
I'm actually quite surprised at your response to be honest. Klay Thompson hardly ever speaks to the media at all. He's almost invisible. The only time I can remember is in the finals where he basically backed up Draymond Green (which I've got to admit is not always the wisest thing to do). Before and after that - nothing. As to Curry, he gives the most anodyne interviews imaginable. He's boring. He doesn't upset anybody or anything. It's almost like listening to Alan Shearer or Michael Owen. Admittedly, you do get the odd body shimmer when he makes a 3 pointer but if that's the worse thing he does he surely can't be the villain you're trying to make him out to be. As to Durant's decision making, did the media give Neymar and Suarez a hard time when they joined Barcelona? It was essentially the same thing. It's a nothing story propagated by Stephen A. Smith to try and be controversial (again). Last but not least, as much as I like him - Draymond is an arse.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That guy is hilarious. :lol:

Did you watch his recent rant on Sam Hinkie? No less on the day Embiid made his debut for the sixers.
I'm not a fan of his at all. He's had a grudge against the Warriors since they fired Mark Jackson.

Kasper

Supports
I'm actually quite surprised at your response to be honest. Klay Thompson hardly ever speaks to the media at all. He's almost invisible. The only time I can remember is in the finals where he basically backed up Draymond Green (which I've got to admit is not always the wisest thing to do). Before and after that - nothing. As to Curry, he gives the most anodyne interviews imaginable. He's boring. He doesn't upset anybody or anything. It's almost like listening to Alan Shearer or Michael Owen. Admittedly, you do get the odd body shimmer when he makes a 3 pointer but if that's the worse thing he does he surely can't be the villain you're trying to make him out to be. As to Durant's decision making, did the media give Neymar and Suarez a hard time when they joined Barcelona? It was essentially the same thing. It's a nothing story propagated by Stephen A. Smith to try and be controversial (again). Last but not least, as much as I like him - Draymond is an arse.
Thompson was whining about a 'dirty' play from Mozgov, which was virtually nothing, just to play the 'it's a man's league' card and going straight into the changing room after game 7 without shaking hands or anything. Yeah Curry barely says anything noteworthy ('I hope it still smells like champagne' is from him tho for example) but his annoying wife makes up for that with random twitter rants. Comparing Durants move to Neymar/Suarez is hilarious, check the reactions from fans after Van Persie went to United or Götze to Bayern and you have a more apt comparison. On a personal level I don't blame him but it's obvious why people are upset about is, there is no point denying that. Draymond is cool, I agree.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Comparing Durants move to Neymar/Suarez is hilarious, check the reactions from fans after Van Persie went to United or Götze to Bayern and you have a more apt comparison. On a personal level I don't blame him but it's obvious why people are upset about is, there is no point denying that.
That was actually my point about the media. Barcelona were already one of the greatest teams of all time with arguably the greatest player of all time already playing for them, yet we heard almost nothing from the media when both Suarez and Neymar joined up. Golden State on the other hand put together a team from nothing through the draft. They were absolutely dire when Curry was drafted back in 09 and got even worse in his first year (26-56). However, from solid draft picks and good behind the scenes management they turned themselves into one of the best teams ever. They then through arguably more judicious management were able to lure one of the best players in the NBA on to their roster. The Celtics, Lakers and Bulls did this for years with barely a murmur but because it's now the unfashionable Warriors they somehow (according to Stephen A. Smith) have become the villain of the piece. Double standard I'm afraid and not right!

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
I'm not a fan of his at all. He's had a grudge against the Warriors since they fired Mark Jackson.
He's an idiot and one of those who tends to be controversial for the sake of it.

Though wouldn't say the 'hatred' is entirely media driven. I don't think a lot of people personally hate Golden State right now but with the addition of Durant to a team that went 73-9 last season, a lot of people wish them to lose, which was evident by a lot of reactions after the Spurs win earlier this season.

Jerch

I watched Spurs games against Sacramento and Warriors and I am stunned how good Kawhi became. He is in my opinion the best defensive player in the league but he added leadership and added a lot to his offensive game. When Spurs needed a player to make something he took the responsibility. For example last attack against Sacramento Parker had a ball and he just demanded the ball, took it and scored to decide the game.
He improved a lot and I wouldn't be surprised if he will be this year MVP.
Also Gasol added a lot to Spurs attack but he is very weak in defense, he needs to improve that. It looks like Spurs will again be one of the favorites for the title.
But even if things looks good for Spurs it is strange to not have Duncan around.

Of course on paper Warriors still look like the best team by far but they have very short bench and are weak in defense. Season is long and Warriors first team will have to do a lot and will get tired, at least I hope so, and they will definitely have troubles out scoring teams if their defense will be as bad as is now.

Last edited:

Kasper

Supports
That was actually my point about the media. Barcelona were already one of the greatest teams of all time with arguably the greatest player of all time already playing for them, yet we heard almost nothing from the media when both Suarez and Neymar joined up. Golden State on the other hand put together a team from nothing through the draft. They were absolutely dire when Curry was drafted back in 09 and got even worse in his first year (26-56). However, from solid draft picks and good behind the scenes management they turned themselves into one of the best teams ever. They then through arguably more judicious management were able to lure one of the best players in the NBA on to their roster. The Celtics, Lakers and Bulls did this for years with barely a murmur but because it's now the unfashionable Warriors they somehow (according to Stephen A. Smith) have become the villain of the piece. Double standard I'm afraid and not right!
The whole discussion was about how dispised the Warriors are. You claimed that it's mostly media driven, I simply pointed out the reasons why a lot of NBA fans disliked them and that it's not just Stephen A. Smiths rambling. If those points are reasonable or not is another topic.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The whole discussion was about how dispised the Warriors are. You claimed that it's mostly media driven, I simply pointed out the reasons why a lot of NBA fans disliked them and that it's not just Stephen A. Smiths rambling. If those points are reasonable or not is another topic.
I thought we'd moved on from that and were discussing Durant's move to the Dubs vs Suarez/Neymar to Barcelona and the medias relative input on both. My mistake. Sorry!

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
He's an idiot and one of those who tends to be controversial for the sake of it.

Though wouldn't say the 'hatred' is entirely media driven. I don't think a lot of people personally hate Golden State right now but with the addition of Durant to a team that went 73-9 last season, a lot of people wish them to lose, which was evident by a lot of reactions after the Spurs win earlier this season.
Just gone back and read some of those posts. Was out of town when the game was on and don't have a laptop so didn't see forum reaction during/after the game. I do think what you are saying is "spot on" though as far as describing fan response is concerned. Like you, I think it's more along the lines of wanting the so called best team to fail (if it's not your team) as opposed to outright hatred. Maybe I'm wrong though - it wouldn't be the first time.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This this this. Used to like them before I really got to see what they are.

Moby

Dick
The Oklahoma City Thunder and Victor Oladipo have reportedly agreed to terms on a four-year contract extension worth $84 million.

:eek:

ZDwyr

Adams re-signed as well. The Dipo one I am a little bit less excited by but I will trust Presti and co. The Adams one is brilliant, only 23 and getting better. I would expect Kanter to be traded at some point in the future though. We will probably need some cap space to fill the massive hole we have at the SF position (Singler :wenger:).

I so badly want to see Westrbook destroy the rim by dunking on Durant. I don't care if we lose by 20 in the end, please just give me that moment.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Went to my first game today - Nets v Bulls

Safe to say the Nets were rubbish, but Lin was quite impressive and it was great to see Wade, Butler and Rondo in action. The fact he's one of their best players is probably an indictment on their side though.

Also, the Barclays Center is amazing.

OB

Thanks alot. There was another youtuber who used to upload all episodes, but guess not anymore. Hope all episode come on here :D
Such an enjoyable show and crew.

JoaquinJoaquin

Went to my first game today - Nets v Bulls

Safe to say the Nets were rubbish, but Lin was quite impressive and it was great to see Wade, Butler and Rondo in action. The fact he's one of their best players is probably an indictment on their side though.

Also, the Barclays Center is amazing.
How much did you pay for Tickets if you don't mind me asking? I noticed when I bought my Knicks tickets for the game in 2 weeks that the Nets tickets were so much cheaper.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
How much did you pay for Tickets if you don't mind me asking? I noticed when I bought my Knicks tickets for the game in 2 weeks that the Nets tickets were so much cheaper.
We paid about $250 (Aussie) for those two, but we were right up the back. Though we were in the middle at least.

We have tickets to Rockets v Nicks in a few days at MSG, but we paid just under $600 Aussie dollars for those. I wanted good seats for that one.