In a well-ordered universe...
Noticing a trend this game.
1Q: Cavs very good, Warriors shoddy but hanging around
2Q: Warriors red hot, Cavs shoddy but kept the game within reach
3Q: Cavs very good, Warriors shoddy but have the lead
4Q: If trend holds the Warriors win this by 15-20

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Need a big quarter from the Warriors. CJ Smith can't keep hitting these 3's.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I have an irrational hate for Kevin Love, I don't really know why but he just infuriates me.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The officials have really called this game tight. I don't recall officiating ever being this tight in the 80s & 90s. Maybe when the Knicks played Riley-ball or when Jordan bitched enough about the Pistons (and Knicks).

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's almost done now. Cavaliers need a miracle.

Pscholes18

Turned out to be a great series....Durant easily MVP...Irving is a fecking stud...had a bad 4th but I think he was hurting.

mav_9me

Turned out to be a great series....Durant easily MVP...Irving is a fecking stud...had a bad 4th but I think he was hurting.
No question.
I'm not a fan of the Cavs because of their isolation way of playing but you gotta tip your hat to Irving and James.

el3mel

At the end, the team who was much better through the whole series won it. Cavs last 3 matches did what they can tbf. I can't blame them except for the poor start of the series and they found their form too late but their form today was very good IMO and in the previous 2 matches. Warriors are too much in everything. They deserve the title completely.

Phenomenal performance from KD through this series and the playoff in general. He scored plus 30 points in all 5 games and his form today was unmatched. Deserve to be the MVP of the final and deserve to win the title. His addition to Curry and Klay made an already strong team an unbeatable one.

Cavs needs a better coach + another player beside Irving and LeBron to be able to compete with the current GSW side next season. They did what they can with their current roster but they can't complete like this next season. All the work is thrown on the shoulders of LeBron and Irving only and other players are very inconsistent. The team in general depends on ISO play style rather than a system like GSW. They need some changes before next season to compete much better in next year final.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Great game, great series, incredible team the warriors, just incredible lebron and kyrie for giving them a fight

Congratulations to the resident warriors fans, well deserved

Hopefully the cavs can pull off a miracle outta their arses and replace love, shump, korver and deron with better players and make it a best of seven instead of a best of 3 next year. Then again, they're owned by a loan shark, so....

ZDwyr

Didn't get to see it but not surprised at the result. From the stats I saw it looked like Curry and Durant were the driving forces - not that there is a surprise there. Well done to them for closing it out. And well done to LeBron for being a freak again. It took the 2nd and 3rd best players combining to beat him. Unfortunately we'll probably have the same match-up next season and I think the Warriors will only continue to get better.

feck KD :D

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Didn't get to see it but not surprised at the result. From the stats I saw it looked like Curry and Durant were the driving forces - not that there is a surprise there. Well done to them for closing it out. And well done to LeBron for being a freak again. It took the 2nd and 3rd best players combining to beat him. Unfortunately we'll probably have the same match-up next season and I think the Warriors will only continue to get better.

feck KD :D
Where would you rank Kyrie Irving? And he'll only get better too the coming years.

Moby

Dick
What do the Cavs, or anyone else, need to do to stop this team?

Love for Paul George perhaps? But Cavs need to do something about the oldies as well.

ZDwyr

Where would you rank Kyrie Irving? And he'll only get better too the coming years.
In terms of top players? Somewhere between 10th-20th probably. There are still a few PGs I'd have ahead of him too: Harden, Westbrook, Curry, Paul and Wall at least anyway.

Zen

Just another Finals MVP for LeBron as a loser. Not that I watched the final two games. But jesus, a triple double on .56 shooting in a finals...against an insane team that you had no right doing to too. He's essentially been the best player in every finals since his shit show against the Mavs. Should retire for a few years while this boredom goes on.

KD is such a class player though, GSW will be even better next year as long as they keep everyone somehow. It's a shame both he and LeBron felt they had to move to win their first ones fairly(exceptionally in KD's case) easily instead of earning them. But can't deny their greatness.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
@charlton66

Who is the best player in your team? :)
In this Cavs series it was certainly Durant. In their "fo-fo-fo" run prior to the finals it was probably Steph. That is what is so remarkable about this team, they go with the "hot" hand (no egos involved) and KD was certainly "hot" in these finals. :D:D:cool::D:D

Are you watching Russ?

Last edited:

ZDwyr

In this Cavs series it was certainly Durant. In their "fo-fo-fo" run prior to the finals it was probably Steph. That is what is so remarkable about this team, they go with the "hot" hand (no egos involved) and KD was certainly "hot" in these finals. :D:D:cool::D:D

Are you watching Russ?
I view it as KD being a steady 9-9.5/10, while Curry is like an 8.5-9/10. BUT Curry has the ability to just go beserk and play at a level that not even KD can reach. So I would say that KD is the Dubs best player but Curry can be if he plays at his best (which is probably less likely because I think he defers to Durant - which evidently works so kudos to him). Just my view though.

Russ would have either been brooding or singing along to Pitch Perfect. Incidentally, the Finals MVP, regular season MVP AND runner-up were all on the same team once. Imagine supporting the team that messed that up. :(

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I view it as KD being a steady 9-9.5/10, while Curry is like an 8.5-9/10. BUT Curry has the ability to just go beserk and play at a level that not even KD can reach. So I would say that KD is the Dubs best player but Curry can be if he plays at his best (which is probably less likely because I think he defers to Durant - which evidently works so kudos to him). Just my view though.

Russ would have either been brooding or singing along to Pitch Perfect. Incidentally, the Finals MVP, regular season MVP AND runner-up were all on the same team once. Imagine supporting the team that messed that up. :(
I don't think there is any deferral at all any more. They tried that at the beginning of the season and while not quite being a disaster it really wasn't working well. After the Cleveland loss on Christmas Day, Steph basically decided he was going to just play his game and the rest is "as they say" history. I honestly believe that now they literally do go with just who has the hot hand.

As to OKC, Sam Presti made an absolute "pig's ear" of the Durant, Westbrook, Harden triumvirate. I'll be heartbroken if the Dubs somehow manage to screw this team up in the same way.

ZDwyr

I don't think there is any deferral at all any more. They tried that at the beginning of the season and while not quite being a disaster it really wasn't working well. After the Cleveland loss on Christmas Day, Steph basically decided he was going to just play his game and the rest is "as they say" history. I honestly believe that now they literally do go with just who has the hot hand.

As to OKC, Sam Presti made an absolute "pig's ear" of the Durant, Westbrook, Harden triumvirate. I'll be heartbroken if the Dubs somehow manage to screw this team up in the same way.
Even if they did screw it up (which they won't) 2 rings from it is still a good effort. Better than one solitary finals appearance.

Zen

KD is the second best player on the planet, unanimously really, despite Currys two years of excellent or the Russ/Harden show the past year. So yeah, he's their best player, but they don't play like it....it's 1a and 1b, and of course, being so careless towards who is actually the number 1 has allowed to them flourish even further, 16-1, effortlessly at times.

I do hope for some bonkers shit to happen in the offseason, otherwise next year will be mostly me looking at box scores instead of watching again. It's nice watching this kind of insanity....until it's silly. It'd be like Man Utd at they are toying about in the Championship, okay maybe not quite that extravagant.

Neutral

BTV
Why are people blaming Presti for Harden being let go - do any of you honestly think, Durant, Harden and Westbrook would have been able to co-exist?

Hell...they got rid of him, and Durant and Westbrook couldn't co-exist...let alone all 3 in the same starting line up.

Harden this season was a much changed player and I can easily imagine Harden and Durant making things work...but, Westbrook for better or worse, just isn't that player and never will be.

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Congratulations to @charlton66 (and any other Caf Warriors fan i'm missing).

KD's finals MVP is well deserved. Best player on the Warriors. He just couldn't miss. He's still a bitch. Excellent showing by Lebron as well.
Appreciate it. Was very nervous for game 5. Even though we have no NBA till October, I'm relieved it's over.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Warriors also have to defend against others. In the only game Cavs won, Irving was their main attacking player, in the game that they came close to winning, Irving scores as much as James.

James and Durant are on each other (in defense) most of the time, and they are totally unable to defend each other.
Even Durant admitted such. There just isn't a strategy to defend against great players, sometimes you just need to let them play.

ZDwyr

Why are people blaming Presti for Harden being let go - do any of you honestly think, Durant, Harden and Westbrook would have been able to co-exist?

Hell...they got rid of him, and Durant and Westbrook couldn't co-exist...let alone all 3 in the same starting line up.

Harden this season was a much changed player and I can easily imagine Harden and Durant making things work...but, Westbrook for better or worse, just isn't that player and never will be.
Without getting into the team chemistry stuff, Clay Bennett is the person to blame for Harden being let go. He didn't want to pay the luxury tax. Bad timing with cap spikes, rule changes and injuries also went against that Thunder team (and coincidentally benefited the Warriors).

What does everyone think LeBron will do in the off-season? Stick with the Cavs or move elsewhere?