NBA 2018-2019

Skåre Willoch

Nice. Did you get the tickets already? Is it an app or connected to your phone number?
I got the tickets an hour or so after confirming the order. It's connected to my ticketmaster account for the hockey tickets, and through the celtics website for the basketball tickets.

Are you thinking of going?

Meller

I got the tickets an hour or so after confirming the order. It's connected to my ticketmaster account for the hockey tickets, and through the celtics website for the basketball tickets.

Are you thinking of going?
Ok great!

Yes I'll be on the west coast in November/1st half of December, so will definetely go to a game, although it's very expensive which surprised me a little bit considering there are 41 home games in the regular season.

Skåre Willoch

Ok great!

Yes I'll be on the west coast in November/1st half of December, so will definetely go to a game, although it's very expensive which surprised me a little bit considering there are 41 home games in the regular season.
I didn't buy the cheapest tickets, though. There were plenty of available tickets available for about 40 dollars as well. I'm not sure about prices in any other arenas, but you should be able to find tickets for less than 100$ to most games I think.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I didn't buy the cheapest tickets, though. There were plenty of available tickets available for about 40 dollars as well. I'm not sure about prices in any other arenas, but you should be able to find tickets for less than 100$ to most games I think.
There are numerous arenas in the NBA - Charlotte, Cleveland, Washington, Memphis (to name a few) where you can get in for less than $10. Not sure about the quality but there it is.

As an example - here's the Grizzlies.

https://seatgeek.com/memphis-grizzl...MI7pTUg5rv3QIViiaGCh3tJgTLEAAYASAAEgKK0vD_BwE

JoaquinJoaquin

I've sat in the corner at MSG and the view is still very good actually. Be prepared to be fleeced for drinks in MSG though!

Skåre Willoch

I've sat in the corner at MSG and the view is still very good actually. Be prepared to be fleeced for drinks in MSG though!
Alright. Was actually considering buying corner tickets in the lower section, but they were both more expensive, and far back in the corner, so the view seemed worse than that I got on balcony level more towards the middle. The game is in TD Garden, but I'm sure I'll be fleeced for drinks there as well!

JoaquinJoaquin

Alright. Was actually considering buying corner tickets in the lower section, but they were both more expensive, and far back in the corner, so the view seemed worse than that I got on balcony level more towards the middle. The game is in TD Garden, but I'm sure I'll be fleeced for drinks there as well!
Ahh your going to the TD Garden, I missed that bit! Enjoy. I may get to Boston next year while i'm in America, I want to go to the Cheers bar :D.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It was just one preseason game against a poor Bulls team but Bucks are my surprise team for this season. I think good coaching from Budenholzer will do wonders for them. He was able to get an Atlanta team without a clear star to the top of the conference, with one superstar and several very good players he should be able to improve upon that.

If Giannis can shoot respectably (34% from three on 2.5 attempts a game would be fine, he was 30.7% on 1.9 last year) and Bledsoe gets back to 37% they could be a proper fun team to watch with the addition of Lopez and Ilyasova (underrated moves IMO). They also got a new beautiful arena which could always help.

I think they are going to get 55+ wins and reach conference finals.

Kearnkoff69

Sad for Spurs, this may be Pop's last year. Walker out for 6-8 weeks and now Murray with a torn ACL. Time for a hard reset for the franchise, perhaps.

Sarni

Sad for Spurs, this may be Pop's last year. Walker out for 6-8 weeks and now Murray with a torn ACL. Time for a hard reset for the franchise, perhaps.
They will still be good. Both Walker and Murray are still very young and they have a better roster than the one that got them into the playoffs last season IMO. DeRozan will be great for that team.

Talks between Miami and Minnesota have stalled. Miami were offering Richardson, Adebayo, first round pick and a salary filler to take Butler apparently but Wolves came back wanting more. They don’t have much leverage though and it appears that Butler won’t change his mind and wants to be dealt by Friday. For a while Miami were not even willing to offer Richardson so I don’t really get how Wolves expect them to come up with a better offer than this but I am pretty positive that Butler will be a Heat player by the end of this month. It will be a great move for Miami too, the only way they can add a superstar to this core is via trade after they had packed their salary with Whiteside, both Johnsons and Waiters.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Fultz is making jumpers and threes again. Trust the process!
Hopefully he can take that step this season, someone needs to step up for the losses of Bellineli and Ilyasova. Simmons will find them on the outside, so they just need to hit the shot.

mav_9me

What do guys make of it? Is it just an ultra competitive guy trying to challenge the more talented star players? Or is it an egotistical guys misguided way of getting his way?

PvsNP

What do guys make of it? Is it just an ultra competitive guy trying to challenge the more talented star players? Or is it an egotistical guys misguided way of getting his way?
I think Butler was angling for a max extension this summer, but the Timberwolves didn't want to pay a 29yo a full 5 year max regardless of how good he is. Instead, they maxed Towns. This pissed off Butler and he made a show out of it, beating the starters with the 3rd string. All this took away Timberwolves's leverage IMO.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I think Butler was angling for a max extension this summer, but the Timberwolves didn't want to pay a 29yo a full 5 year max regardless of how good he is. Instead, they maxed Towns. This pissed off Butler and he made a show out of it, beating the starters with the 3rd string. All this took away Timberwolves's leverage IMO.
Yeah, I don't thinks so. Butler and Towns had problems throughout the season and KAT only signed his extension after Jimmy decided to leave. They definitely would've given him the max. He just doesn't want to waste his years with a bunch of losers.

stepic

still no NBA on UK TV then? I'd have thought Eleven may have picked it up.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I think Butler is right that KAT and Wiggins are soft and aren’t putting in as much effort as they should be. How he’s going about shitting on them is hilarious though. Taking the third stringers and winning the starters just proves Butler right. KAT and Wiggins are wasting their career if they don’t put in the necessary hard work.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Anyone up for an NBA team wins pool? 10 players, 3 teams each. Most combined wins...wins. Could play for cash?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sky Sports have now got the NBA rights in UK. Finally I’ll get to watch it after years of missing out with BT.

binary bot
Sky Sports have now got the NBA rights in UK. Finally I’ll get to watch it after years of missing out with BT.
Great news. BT used to play the same annoying ads on loops between breaks

stepic

Very happy that Sky have signed up the rights. Don’t have to get Eleven now, and looks like there will quite a lot of decently timed games on weekends

edcunited1878

fultz looks bad
Fultz isn't ready to start for the Sixers, but the organization was planning this all off-season. Playing against Boston opening night wasn't doing him any favors as they are the clear #1 team in the East. He needs to step up big time on the defensive end if he's going to start for the Sixers. He might have length, but his footwork on defense and defensive motor is crap.

Sarni

Nance got paid. Insane.
What exactly are Cavs trying to do? They clearly don’t have the roster to compete yet seem to be trying to tie all those players to long term deals. Next they will give Hood a $10million contract.

Didn’t manage to wake up for Boston v Sixers but watched all of Warriors v OKC. Thought OKC gave a good account of themselves but how much of that is due to Warriors being lazy I don’t know. I liked Schröder’s competitiveness, he’s going to be a good back up for Westbrook and might actually play with him for 8-10 minutes a game sometimes.

Sarni

How good is Simmons
Very good at what he does but hopefully he will have the courage (and authority from Brett Brown) to shoot the ball this season. He definitely worked on that during Summer but hasn’t shown this in the first game so far. His potential is huge.

Very interested in what Bucks show tonight at Charlotte. Bud will have them play some amazing basketball IMO.

A bad start betting wise though. Had Celtics -3.5 and Warriors -9.5, Celtics won easily but Warriors fell two points short because of that bad third quarter.

Sarni

Definitely a candidate for ROTY this year.
Haha! Actually Harry Giles is one of my favourites for Rookie of the Year so we would have the same arguments all over again if that happened.

I have Doncic, Giles, Knox, Jaren Jackson Jr and Miles Bridges as my five favourites. I don’t think Ayton will be that amazing this season, Phoenix are a terrible team although Jackson and Ariza might cover up some of their defensive issues.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Very good at what he does but hopefully he will have the courage (and authority from Brett Brown) to shoot the ball this season. He definitely worked on that during Summer but hasn’t shown this in the first game so far. His potential is huge.

Very interested in what Bucks show tonight at Charlotte. Bud will have them play some amazing basketball IMO.

A bad start betting wise though. Had Celtics -3.5 and Warriors -9.5, Celtics won easily but Warriors fell two points short because of that bad third quarter.
Was -9.5 the spread? Don't bet on GSW to cover it. They usually don't.

Last edited:

Sarni

Was -9.5 the line? Don't bet on GSW to cover the spread. They usually don't.
The spread was -13.5 I think. I got 1.50 for -9.5 and thought they would cover comfortably without Westbrook.

Warriors have some very high lines often, usually don''t go for that. Some tasty games tonight though so I think I could make some money.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
The spread was -13.5 I think. I got 1.50 for -9.5 and thought they would cover comfortably without Westbrook.

Warriors have some very high lines often, usually don''t go for that. Some tasty games tonight though so I think I could make some money.
I see. Bucks -2.5 should be free money tonight. The Jazz should cover easily enough, as well.