NBA 2018-2019

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah because every thing is being called a foul nowadays
True. The NBA is geared up towards pure entertainement (the suspensions given to Ingram/Rondo/Paul are also another proof).
True but also, teams are playing faster and more efficient as well. Almost every team has now fully embraced the only layups&3s revolution

freeurmind

weak willed
Bucks and Raptors looking good early. Trouble for the Wizards, Thunder and Rockets. Put Durant or even Klay on another team and this league would be incredible. You'd legitimately have 10 teams capable of winning it. Giannis or Davis for MVP for me.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Down to the wire once again for LeBron. Massive brain fart from JR Smith Rondo running away from the basket as the clock was running down. Lucky it wasn't the playoffs or LBJ would have had to go looking for his cast again.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Bucks and Raptors looking good early. Trouble for the Wizards, Thunder and Rockets. Put Durant or even Klay on another team and this league would be incredible. You'd legitimately have 10 teams capable of winning it. Giannis or Davis for MVP for me.
Nope. As long as Durant and Curry play together the league will not be competitive IMO. You need to move Durant somewhere else and then it’s a different story, I really hope he leaves in the off-season and then the league will have 6-8 contenders.

Fosu-Mens

Nope. As long as Durant and Curry play together the league will not be competitive IMO. You need to move Durant somewhere else and then it’s a different story, I really hope he leaves in the off-season and then the league will have 6-8 contenders.
Without a doubt. And if Durant leaves, the team he leaves for will be favourites, unless he goes to OKC.

Sarni

Was so pumped for Bucks v Raptors only to realize both Giannis and Kawhi won’t play.

ZDwyr

Without a doubt. And if Durant leaves, the team he leaves for will be favourites, unless he goes to OKC.
Eh? It won't happen because of the cap situation but if it were possible - and George and Westbrook were there - I'm not sure how we wouldn't be favourites.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone watching Warriors match? :eek: They are on 92 and it's half-time.

Klay Thompson on 10 three pointers! :eek:

ArseHat

Klay with 52 points in 27 minutes to add to his 60 in 29 minutes and 37 points in a quarter performances.

ArseHat

Wolves sans Wiggins go 8-11 from three in the 4th with Butler taking over.

Lakers’ record falls to 2-5. Poor possessions in crunch time and can’t hit timely shots. Luke’s got to be on the hot seat if things don’t improve. Lebron also needs to take more responsibility in the final minutes.

freeurmind

weak willed

Love this guy. Warriors so lucky he is who he is. Good enough to be the best player on a contender.

Revan

Assumptionman
Klay is a mean person. I truly believe that when he gets hot, he is the most unstoppable player in the league.

It is also the second time in less than two years that he could have broken Kobe's record of 81 points if he had stayed on the pitch for the entire game. Heck, next time he gets this hot, Warriors should decide to break Wilt's record.

Sarni

Klay is a mean person. I truly believe that when he gets hot, he is the most unstoppable player in the league.

It is also the second time in less than two years that he could have broken Kobe's record of 81 points if he had stayed on the pitch for the entire game. Heck, next time he gets this hot, Warriors should decide to break Wilt's record.
I don’t support resting players in those situations. Give him 10 more minutes and he would have got another 15-20 points and another 3-4 threes or more, building up the record. Keep him on unless you play the next night!

Revan

Assumptionman
I don’t support resting players in those situations. Give him 10 more minutes and he would have got another 15-20 points and another 3-4 threes or more, building up the record. Keep him on unless you play the next night!
Totally agree though not for yesterday. He was bleeding since the second quarter, so it was good that Kerr took him off, but I didn't agree with him taking Steph out a couple of games ago, neither with taking off Klay when he went 60 points in 29 minutes.

Sarni

Totally agree though not for yesterday. He was bleeding since the second quarter, so it was good that Kerr took him off, but I didn't agree with him taking Steph out a couple of games ago, neither with taking off Klay when he went 60 points in 29 minutes.
I didn't watch the game last night (having watched NBA into late night for the previous 5 nights as well as having my flight back from Manchester yesterday took its toll) so I wasn't aware of this.

Great night overall yesterday though. Bucks won and showed they are still awesome without Giannis, Portland got an important win at Indiana. Shame they couldn't play this solid on defense on Saturday as I would have been 1K better off (see Football Betting Thread to see the worst run of luck ever).

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

It's just crazy that they have the two players that have the most potential to put up crazy points when they get hot. It's unfair.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Agree, let them go for it. Especially when the game is already long dead. Today Ben Simmons was one assist off a nice triple double, but only played 26 mins.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Klay is the one player in the NBA who has a legit chance at scoring 100 points in a game :lol::lol::lol:

Unreal

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Brilliant performance last night from Klay but these crazy hot spells that he has are purely a function of the team he plays on. His ability to create his own shot is virtually non-existent so he is entirely at the mercy of his team mates to get him the ball. Last night was a perfect example of this. At half time the Dubs were leading 92-50 and when Klay hit his 14th three the score had jumped to 113-69. In the seven minutes in between Klay scored 16 of 21 points. In that time KD took one shot, Steph took zero. The team as a whole essentially force fed him the ball to get him to this record just as they had the entire game when they realized he was on a roll. Remember he broke two records last night - most 3 pointers in a game and also most 3 pointers ATTEMPTED in a game. This Dubs team is the most selfless team I have ever seen.

Sarni

Brilliant performance last night from Klay but these crazy hot spells that he has are purely a function of the team he plays on. His ability to create his own shot is virtually non-existent so he is entirely at the mercy of his team mates to get him the ball. Last night was a perfect example of this. At half time the Dubs were leading 92-50 and when Klay hit his 14th three the score had jumped to 113-69. In the seven minutes in between Klay scored 16 of 21 points. In that time KD took one shot, Steph took zero. The team as a whole essentially force fed him the ball to get him to this record just as they had the entire game when they realized he was on a roll. Remember he broke two records last night - most 3 pointers in a game and also most 3 pointers ATTEMPTED in a game. This Dubs team is the most selfless team I have ever seen.
Yeah I don't think he's good enough to be number one because of what you said - he doesn't create his own shot. I think he is perfect for teams that move the ball around and can create space. He would be lethal for Sixers for example (obviously never going to happen) or Lakers with LeBron too but wouldn't be this good if you forced him to Pistons or Hornets.

freeurmind

weak willed
Klay can create his own shot. When he plays with the bench you see it often, he's decent going to the rim and has a very good pullup. You don't see it often because the team chooses to maximize his best skill which is coming off those screens and simply catching and shooting and they're absolutely right to do that. Put him on a team where he'd have to show different ways to score and shoot the ball more and he'd get to show his all round game. Watch his highlights from Washington State, you'll see he's much more than a simple catch and shoot guy, he just does what's best for his team and never complains and that should be commended.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Durant is a bitch though.

Sarni

Durant is a bitch though.
Yeah.

My problem with Golden State is that if you actually removed Durant and Green they would be a perfectly likeable team. Curry and Thompson I'm fine. When I introduced myself to NBA a few years ago GS were one of my favorite teams, it's only after a couple of years that they turned into my most disliked team because it's just not possible to enjoy a team with Green and to some extent Durant on it.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Klay can create his own shot. When he plays with the bench you see it often, he's decent going to the rim and has a very good pullup. You don't see it often because the team chooses to maximize his best skill which is coming off those screens and simply catching and shooting and they're absolutely right to do that. Put him on a team where he'd have to show different ways to score and shoot the ball more and he'd get to show his all round game. Watch his highlights from Washington State, you'll see he's much more than a simple catch and shoot guy, he just does what's best for his team and never complains and that should be commended.
You see it occasionally and it's not something he's great at although I will say over the last 18 months he has improved. As to what he did in college let's just say that Jonny Flynn was a pretty good college player and leave it at that.

Sarni

Sacramento Kings have been unexpectedly good this season so far. Shame Portland couldn't play this way at the weekend as I'd have been 1K GBP better off but there you go.

Fosu-Mens

Eh? It won't happen because of the cap situation but if it were possible - and George and Westbrook were there - I'm not sure how we wouldn't be favourites.
It was meant as a joke.
Westbrook is the basketball equivalent to Alexis Sanchez. One of the best players in regards to individual abilities, but not the best teamplayer. Points/goals compared to the amount of shoots taken is not good, makes mistakes, entertaining to watch.... But still not the player that you should build a championship team around.

Fosu-Mens

Yeah.

My problem with Golden State is that if you actually removed Durant and Green they would be a perfectly likeable team. Curry and Thompson I'm fine. When I introduced myself to NBA a few years ago GS were one of my favorite teams, it's only after a couple of years that they turned into my most disliked team because it's just not possible to enjoy a team with Green and to some extent Durant on it.
Did not help that they had Zaza Pachulia on their team either. Still convinced he delibaretely tried to injure Leonard in that game.

Sarni

Did not help that they had Zaza Pachulia on their team either. Still convinced he delibaretely tried to injure Leonard in that game.
Yeah pretty sure that was deliberate. They were getting killed by him out there.

He actually never returned at full speed at San Antonio after that game.