NBA 2019-2020

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Irving to the Nets. Kemba to Boston.

Feck sake. We ain’t getting Kahwi either.

Eddy_JukeZ

I really think Kawhi is going to the Lakers.

A lot of smoke.

Lebron will reportedly take a step back to empower both Kawhi and AD on the Lakers.

mav_9me

I really think Kawhi is going to the Lakers.

A lot of smoke.

Lebron will reportedly take a step back to empower both Kawhi and AD on the Lakers.
I just can't see Kawhi with the Lakers. What's the point? Fighting over who gets to be the 2nd wheel after 2 Finals MVP?

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I just can't see Kawhi with the Lakers. What's the point? Fighting over who gets to be the 2nd wheel after 2 Finals MVP?
The point is wonning multiple championships. All this 2nd- wheel-talk should be irrelevant to any true professional.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
They dont want the lakers winning. The salt coming from boston and the rest of the league is funny. Come to the lakers Kawhi. Lets raise some banners

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Shams has been excellent so far with his free agency reporting. He’s probably the reporter to follow in the next few days, even ahead of Woj.

Sarni

They dont want the lakers winning. The salt coming from boston and the rest of the league is funny. Come to the lakers Kawhi. Lets raise some banners
It’s kind of understandable. Lakers could be in this position just because they are Lakers, their moves, player development and team building over the last 6-8 years has been abysmal. It sucks for teams who have built their teams well that they may not be able to compete because LA is LA.

I think Kawhi doesn’t go there though. Toronto or Clippers for him. Moving to Clippers could ensure he becomes an all-time legend of two NBA teams.

Last edited:

Sarni

There will be a large number of signings tomorrow night already, I expect, but two biggest unknowns - Kawhi and KD - will take until Wednesday at least I think. Butler will also take time. Russell I also expect to take a few more days. Brogdon will take more than that because they will want to keep his low cap hold.

Irving, Walker, Thompson, Middleton I expect to resolve today. Won’t be surprised if Horford makes his decision in the next 24 hours either.

Sarni

Butler apparently wants Miami. What would their sign and trade even look like? Sending Josh Richardson would be dumb. Philly won’t want to take their bad contracts, and Miami cannot use their 2020 and 2022 picks in a trade.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

:lol::lol:

That's what he says, not what he does. His ego's too big.
He's turning 35 at the end of the year. This contract is going to be his final one. If you're the Lakers, it makes sense to build the future around AD and Kawhi.

Sarni

Lillard has got his super massive contract.

Sarni

I bet you feel pretty stupid now huh?
Wow. Never expected this. He must be staying with Warriors, right? Technically he wouldn’t have been able to hold any meetings until two hours from now.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Wow. Never expected this. He must be staying with Warriors, right? Technically he wouldn’t have been able to hold any meetings until two hours from now.
Its not like he really needs meetings. If hes adamant about not making his decision dependent on any other player then he can decide now. It's not as if they have to negotiate salary. He can dictate the terms.

Eddy_JukeZ

He said he didn't want to be recruited.

So no meetings doesn't mean much.

Sarni

Shams says the same. It’s done lads.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Woj says KD to Nets.

Edit :lol: should've refreshed the page.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I don't know but I thought that he would want to play for a big name team . This is really underwhelming

Eddy_JukeZ

Interesting move.

If Kawhi doesn't go to the Lakers, a lot of contenders for next season.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I can't wait to Stephen A's meltdown!

Kawhi is apparently Lakers to lose as well, so I reckon he stays at the Raptors.

Fridge chutney

I can't wait to Stephen A's meltdown!

Kawhi is apparently Lakers to lose as well, so I reckon he stays at the Raptors.
Bookies have it as Raps favourite with Lakers and Clippers joint second favourite to land Kawhi.

ArseHat

With the reports of KD going to Brooklyn, Kawhi not joining the Lakers would see the league as open as it's been for quite some time.
it would be pretty fun to see kawhi who is almost universally respected become the new durant
He will receive backlash, but the big difference is Kawhi doesn’t have much, if anything, to prove, whereas KD did, and to many, still does. He’s already led two separate franchises to championships, dethroning two super teams/dynasties in the process, having just produced a historically great playoff run, so detractors won't have much ammo to throw at him.

More importantly, unlike Durant, I doubt Kawhi will care, especially if he’s in a place where he’s happy to be at, which should be the case since he’ll decide where he ends up. He was ridiculed and lambasted for sitting out the majority of the season during his final year with the Spurs, which only got worse when he demanded a trade, but he righted that reputation with a bang, and the end to his Spurs’ tenure is now an afterthought.

It’s been well documented how he's been keen to return to his roots in So Cal, and he’s been consistently linked to a return since the latter stages of his time with the Spurs. For league parity, it’d be best if he stays at Toronto or goes to the Clips, but it’d be fun to see the Lakers as public enemy #1 again.
Don't think we're going back after D-Lo, yeah he improved but there's a reason we let him go in the first place, I'd imagine.
The front office were desperate to get rid of Deng and Mozgov's awful contracts to clear cap space for a potential FA like PG, so they had to attach an asset to have takers. They had also drafted Lonzo who they felt rendered DLo expendable. Plus he had that snitching scandal which did him no favors. I don't think he'll be a bad acquisition if they fail with the top tier FAs.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Feel bad for the Knicks , what a disaster again . They traded Porzingis and ended in this shit state again while watching the nets get the big boys

Sarni

:lol: Knicks gonna spend all their cap space on bogdanovic and Lou williams
Lou isn’t even a free agent.

Randle is my bet. They’re going to do something silly for sure.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I'd kind of resigned myself to losing KD but was hoping for a sign and trade. Doesn't look like that's going to happen now. Was hoping he would come back and then the Dubs could rush him back for the playoffs.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Knicks:lol::lol:
Cool development to see Durant and Irving at the Nets, doubtful its gonna work out but hey, lets see.