NBA 2019-2020

Kostov

No they're not. Kawhi, PG and the team that took the healthy Warriors to 6 games is better than LeBron, AD and a makeshift roster.
Lebron, AD, Kuzma and that makeshift roster will be better than what Clippers have at disposal, and next season will prove that imo.

ArseHat

Steve Ballmer and Jerry West man, it all starts from the top. This is Jerry's Shaq/KD signing for the Clippers. He always gets the biggest fish, simply the best to do it. Classic case of playing chess while the others play checkers, moving silently and striking quickly. Unforgivable the Lakers didn't want him back in an advisory role. Jeanie and co. let their pride get in the way. Huge mistake and it cost them.

freeurmind

weak willed
This is an incredible indictment of the OKC management and Westbrook and also the greater Oklahoma City area and frankly the entire state. Does anyone want to be there? People seem to always be falling over themselves to get the hell out of there.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Lebron, AD, Kuzma and that makeshift roster will be better than what Clippers have at disposal, and next season will prove that imo.
What? They have the best soxth man, a Lockdown 3 and D point guard and a good you power forward, I doubt the Lakers can be as good as them.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We'll see. I'm saying this as a Lakers fan aswell.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
This is an incredible indictment of the OKC management and Westbrook and also the greater Oklahoma City area and frankly the entire state. Does anyone want to be there? People seem to always be falling over themselves to get the hell out of there.
Pretty crazy the amount of talent they let go for one reason or another. It might be a cultural/racial thing too.

ArseHat

Klaw, PG, Lou, Beverley, Trez, Harkless vs. Lebron, AD, Kuz, Javale, Green, KCP, Dudley. It's debatable. We'll see how they fill up the rosters and how injuries play a part.

Who would willingly want to live in OKC? Especially a young and famous rich athlete? It definitely won't be the first place someone will have in mind. I remember Joakim Noah straight up said that the city of "Cleveland sucks" in a press conference, but OKC is even more of a wasteland.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

How is this an indictment on the management or Westbrook?

ZDwyr

Do you think this was a good trade for okc?
I think it's acceptable/understandable. The outcome of the picks will probably be the real determining factor though.

George requested a trade. You either cash in for maximum value OR keep him, deal with locker room issues/a disgruntled star, damage your reputation as a franchise for doing so and make (at absolute best case scenario) the WCF while being in tax hell.

Kostov

What? They have the best soxth man, a Lockdown 3 and D point guard and a good you power forward, I doubt the Lakers can be as good as them.
They do, and it's a great team. But Lebron and AD are better than Kawhi and PG. Imo Kuzma will go on to be a better player than anything the Clipper have apart from those 2. I think the Lakers will be better, but I speak as a fan.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I think it's acceptable/understandable. The outcome of the picks will probably be the real determining factor though.

George requested a trade. You either cash in for maximum value OR keep him, deal with locker room issues/a disgruntled star, damage your reputation as a franchise for doing so and make (at absolute best case scenario) the WCF while being in tax hell.
Fair enough. He's still under contract and arguably your best player. I would deal with any locker room issues rather than sell low. But to each his own.

ZDwyr

Second time in 5 years the best player has walked away.
You are looking at things too simplistically. Management does deserve some blame for not putting a good enough team around PG/Russ and - maybe - KD/Russ. That's it though. They can't do anything about being in OKC and George preferring to play in his hometown with Kawhi though.

Fair enough. He's still under contract and arguably your best player. I would deal with any locker room issues rather than sell low. But to each his own.
Definitely was our best player. No question about that. I would have stuck it out if we were genuine title contenders....maybe we would have been but who knows. I think Presti and the rest of the front office thought we weren't and made the deal.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I don’t watch much basketball but when I did take a few days of interest here and there throughout the years I’ve always identified with Lakers (and NY Knicks) because those are the club everyone knows even if they don’t follow the NBA.

So my question is why are the lakers so hated on here? Is it the same thing as United having always been among the most hated clubs in football just because they are rich, dominated big eras of the league and are a big sports brand in the world?

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

Wow! Just gotten in from the gym & this!

Kahwi & PG is exciting. PG asking to be traded from Westbrook/OKC speaks volumes.

The OKC deal gives them much needed cap relief but a huge talent gap.

I need more time to process this move, the NBA is a whole new world after this last week.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I don’t watch much basketball but when I did take a few days of interest here and there throughout the years I’ve always identified with Lakers (and NY Knicks) because those the club everyone knows even if they don’t follow the NBA.

So my question is why are the lakers so hated on here? Is it the same thing as United having always been among the most hated clubs in football just because they are rich, dominated big eras of the league and are a big sports brand in the world?
Exactly. And especially now that they are going through their worst stretch ever, it gives fuel to all that resentment. Another big reason is the media. Talking about the lakers, united, cowboys etc is going to drive the most traffic cause these teams have the most fans. Hated adored never ignored.That's just the way it is.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football

Kahwi & PG is exciting. PG asking to be traded from Westbrook/OKC speaks volumes.

I need more time to process this move, the NBA is a whole new world after this last week.
At least you are getting enjoyment from the NBA transfer period.

And don’t lie, you’ve just finished your big mac and your 12hr FUT session.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Just woke up to this and feeling quite devastated. What a blow, not gonna lie, this fecking hurts. Clippers the powerhouse to beat in the West now. Can’t believe I’m even typing this. Fecking. Clippers. Suddenly a lot less excited about next season :(

Also, goes to show that most Twitter people knew feck all about his process.

AFC NimbleThumb

At least you are getting enjoyment from the NBA transfer period.

And don’t lie, you’ve just finished your big mac and your 12hr FUT session.
Alright, alright.

When I say gym i mean bicep curling my way through a McMuffin or 2. . . :drool:

& yes, the parity that people have wanted since KD warriors happened 3 years ago is coming.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Clippers are way better than the Lakers now.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I hope this really ticked James off and he’ll go all out next season.

ZDwyr

No, it doesn't. All it does is unfortunately perpetuate this ridiculous narrative that Westbrook is a bad teammate and no one wants to play with him. George has already been on Twitter defending Westbrook since the news broke. This wasn't a Westbrook issue.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I don’t watch much basketball but when I did take a few days of interest here and there throughout the years I’ve always identified with Lakers (and NY Knicks) because those are the club everyone knows even if they don’t follow the NBA.

I love the Lakers, they were my favorite team in the Kobe era but Harden got me now.

AFC NimbleThumb

No, it doesn't. All it does is unfortunately perpetuate this ridiculous narrative that Westbrook is a bad teammate and no one wants to play with him. George has already been on Twitter defending Westbrook since the news broke. This wasn't a Westbrook issue.
I think it does.

He chose OKC last season, then asks for a trade a year later; leaving one star for another.

Also, what do you expect PG to say on twitter. ‘I hate playing with Westbrook’.

I wasn’t on about Westbrook as a teammate - I think this speaks volumes in regards to his play style & the enjoyment [or lack of] playing in a system with him.

Westbrook’s talents are fading & he still tries to go 100mph for 48mins. His outside shooting this season was horrific & his star is diminishing.

Everyone speaks well of Westbrook as a man but multiple ‘stars’ have now left him.

I agree though, the narrative will likely be about Westbrook’s character which doesn’t seem fair.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
One things for sure, it'll be fun to see Westbrook go nuts next year. 35/12/12 could be possible

ZDwyr

I think it does.

He chose OKC last season, then asks for a trade a year later; leaving one star for another.

I wasn’t on about Westbrook as a teammate - I think this speaks volumes in regards to his play style & the enjoyment [or lack of] playing in a system with him.

Westbrook’s talents are fading & he still tries to go 100mph for 48mins. His outside shooting this season was horrific & his star is diminishing.

Everyone speaks well of Westbrook as a man but multiple ‘stars’ have now left him.

I agree though, the narrative will likely be about Westbrook’s character which doesn’t seem fair.
I don't think you can say it speaks volumes though. He could really want to play with Westbrook but just prefer Kawhi and L.A. Or Doc instead of Donovan. It isn't a great look of course but to say volumes is unfair. I discount Durant. The dude is a weirdo and has different reasons for leaving OKC and Golden State.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If Leonard asks you to join him in LA it’s pretty much a no brainer tbh.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
My faith in Leonard is completely restored :D What a man, nothing but respect.
Agree. The man obviously came to restore the balance of the league back. I wanted him to stay with the Raptors, but by far the worst outcome would be going to the Lakers and creating another super team out of reach for anyone (don't give a feck about Lakers and don't hate them).
Jerry West is also best in business, no doubt.

At this point I also want Warriors to come back healthy as soon as possible (Klay might come back after New Year). It will be a crazy season.

:lol:

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

I don't think you can say it speaks volumes though. He could really want to play with Westbrook but just prefer Kawhi and L.A. Or Doc instead of Donovan. It isn't a great look of course but to say volumes is unfair. I discount Durant. The dude is a weirdo and has different reasons for leaving OKC and Golden State.
We’re debating over terminology here.

The issue will not be Westbrook alone. It’s obviously an OKC problem but Westbrook’s style of play will bear some responsibility.

KD is a strange one but him leaving was about titles & somewhat the fact he felt couldn’t win with Westbrook.

Have a sneaky feeling uncle Pat will be on the phone to OKC to try to get Westbrook anyway.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think it does.

You're speaking bollocks based on pure conjecture.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Absolutely MENTAL!!

We went from a 1 team dominated super team era into now a wide OPEN NBA!

I love it!

Respect to Kawhi. He kept his words from a few years ago when he said he does not want to join Lebron James...he wants to BEAT him!

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Nets will win the ring.
Not this year but maybe next with KD back and if he is at least 80% of KD.

No doubt Clippers have to be favorites for this now.

Raptors probably wont smell another championship for a LONG time but they are not complaining. I am sure they would do the Kawhi deal 100x over.

Cant wait for next season.

ZDwyr

I kind of think the Nets thing is going to be a disaster. KD and Kyrie around each other that much? I think they'll clash.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
So are GSW, Clippers and Lakers all going to face off in Western Conference - sorry noob question..