NBA 2019-2020

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Knicks actually played a good game and were on route for an upset on the road until they went into "4th quarter Knicks" Mode and let Spurs go on an 18-0 run. Typical.

This is a talented young squad and it feels for once there is a vision and plan and they are on the right direction. Comparing this to 2015 and they are light years ahead.

RJ Barret is going to be a problem in this league he scores with ease in the paint but he needs to improve on his shooting to really be a monster. Julius Randel is walking bucket he was a 20 and 10 guy in the west and I can see him doing more of the same if not a little better in the east.

Other notes across the league: Coby white really impressed me too but not just him, overall I think this looks like a stacked draft class with a lot of talent. Pelicans played a good game and for sure could have won had they had there superstar playing, Also have no clue why Zion was benched the whole 4th when he was having a good game. As for the Lakers if either LBJ or AD get injured there season is over period. They have no depth and there bench options are trash. Clippers look great and have a deep squad. Also Kyrie BALLED TF out! shame he could not make the last shot of the night to seal an incredible debut. He looked happier out there compared to the Celtics. Lastly I love how aggressive Ben Simmons was all night, Dude is an animal.

SportingCP96

Supports
So happy to see my favorite player Drose go out there and put on a show. He was fantastic last season and I hope for more of the shawm this season.

first game 18 points and then tonight 27, Vintage Rose right there:drool::drool::D

freeurmind

weak willed
Giannis back to back MVP confirmed. Atlanta in the playoffs this year confirmed also.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Blowout win for the Clips. Dubs couldn't wait for their injured players to come back. This line up is pretty grim.
Who is actually going to come back though? Burks and Cayley-Stein will not help them that much.

Moby

Dick
Who is actually going to come back though? Burks and Cayley-Stein will not help them that much.
They will be better than the tosh we saw today. Not saying they will turn into contenders but they were non entity the whole game today. Clips played on first gear and just strolled to buckets the whole game.

Sarni

They will be better than the tosh we saw today. Not saying they will turn into contenders but they were non entity the whole game today. Clips played on first gear and just strolled to buckets the whole game.
They will be atrocious defensively all season unless they trade Russell for a good defender (Covington comes to mind as obvious trade). Their rotation at three is also by far the worst in the league.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They will be atrocious defensively all season unless they trade Russell for a good defender (Covington comes to mind as obvious trade). Their rotation at three is also by far the worst in the league.
Green not being be able to have any kinda midrange game + Russell being a poor defender. Their deficiencies are just too obvious, if they make the POs, it will be a miracle. Dallas Mavericks have a better team

stepic

i know it's early but i really don't see how this Clippers team doesn't win it all. they still have PG to add to this yet.

Fosu-Mens

Bench and additional players not impressive. Few 3P players, lack of good defensive players.

"Lebron is a different player in the post season". Two of the best players in the league will figure this out. Veteran players is a plus regardless argument. The reasonings for Lakers being serious contenders, or favourites, are statements without no logic. Could argue that historically Lebron has played better/harder during post-season, but he is not as good as he was.

Sarni

i know it's early but i really don't see how this Clippers team doesn't win it all. they still have PG to add to this yet.
Amazing depth and so many different lineups to throw at other teams. I can’t believe I was actually discussing with someone who thought Lakers had much better depth three days ago, that was crazy.

kouroux

Amazing depth and so many different lineups to throw at other teams. I can’t believe I was actually discussing with someone who thought Lakers had much better depth three days ago, that was crazy.
A lot of players in their rosters are past their prime, Lebron included. I think people somehow think all of them will play their best basketball this season

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Am I the only one not seeing Lakers as serious title contenders?
Nah, they're horribly built with past it players.

I swear the Lakers front office just picked players signed to Klutch sports to make LeBron happy and they've somehow managed to build a team that perfectly wrecks LeBron's game all at the same time.

With the exception of Green, majority of their players either needs to hog the ball during possession or they need to clog the paint to be useful. That's literally the exact team that LeBron doesn't need. Sure on paper they got AD in which made their summer dealings look good, but damn is their team an awful fit on court. Will be hilarious if AD ends up walking next season.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
It's very early still, you can't judge any of the teams based on 1 game, but yeah Clippers are favorites.

Fosu-Mens

Nah, they're horribly built with past it players.

I swear the Lakers front office just picked players signed to Klutch sports to make LeBron happy and they've somehow managed to build a team that perfectly wrecks LeBron's game all at the same time.

With the exception of Green, majority of their players either needs to hog the ball during possession or they need to clog the paint to be useful. That's literally the exact team that LeBron doesn't need.
True. Just funny to watch the "analyst" squirm while trying to defend the lakers and Lebron. Sounessesque.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
A lot of people read names like Dwight Howard and think those players are still good.

kouroux

True. Just funny to watch the "analyst" squirm while trying to defend the lakers and Lebron. Sounessesque.
Brian Windhorst, one of the biggest Lebron fanbois out there, just admitted that Kawhi is currently a better player. He almost crying when doing so.
I don't get it, Lebron is old and past his prime, it's not a crime to have players becoming better than him

ZDwyr

People are overreacting to one game. They might be right about the Lakers/Clippers and their other thoughts but we won't know until we've seen the trade deadline, buy-out market and injuries.

SportingCP96

Supports
Harsh on the Knicks who had two back to back tough games that they could have very well won.

The Knicks NEED a PG badly and they need a closer.

I see bad things but I also see a lot of positives. Sadly just another moral victory.

SportingCP96

Supports
Lakers need Melo Hmmm
Could Easily get 15-20 off the bench. Its a shame what the league is doing to a hall of famer.

The fact that a guy like Dudley gets a roster spot but this certified baller does not is shocking.

SportingCP96

Supports
dudley is more valuable than anthony in 2019
Dudley can't lace up Anthony's shoes in 2019. 2020, 2021 etc.

Against the clippers the Lakers bench had what...12 points? Melo could get more then that on his own.

The dude can still play.

SportingCP96

Supports
Dudley has averaged 7 points his whole career and he's 34 now but Melo cant play anymore? Its a shame what they doing to the man