NBA 2021-2022

SirAnderson

Great win by Celtics, let's see if they can keep this up. So far so good but at some point they will be wobbly again. Hopefully there aren't wash out games though, need to be tense close games till the end now.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
FFS will we ever get a tight game these playoffs.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
One thing I find amazing about NBA playoffs is they'll often have two days off between games whereas the NHL will almost exclusively take one day off between games. I'm guessing the primary factor is television.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The Dubs are already facing an uphill battle. If Curry is not 100% this series is over.

Ladron de redcafe

More thuggish behaviour by Draymond, and he still is immune from ejections, for some reason. I'm not sure what this guy has contributed over the past 3 games besides hacking at people, pushing people, flopping, and screaming at referees.

His stat line last night was 2 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists. His defensive rating is a 116. This isn't just bad. It's putrid.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

More thuggish behaviour by Draymond, and he still is immune from ejections, for some reason. I'm not sure what this guy has contributed over the past 3 games besides hacking at people, pushing people, flopping, and screaming at referees.

His stat line last night was 2 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists. His defensive rating is a 116. This isn't just bad. It's putrid.

You really want a player ejected from the finals for that ? Try a different sport maybe . I suggest netball

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
One thing I find amazing about NBA playoffs is they'll often have two days off between games whereas the NHL will almost exclusively take one day off between games. I'm guessing the primary factor is television.
It’s more than reasonable to have two days off between those games as players are traveling between Boston and San Francisco. It’s a long flight, they will spend some time going back and forth between hotels and you don’t want that to influence the quality of these Finals. In terms of distance they have to travel it’s basically as far as it could be I guess.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
It was 1 day in the semis, it's about TV for the finals.

SinNombre

Draymond is a clown.

The tone of game 3 was set with the quick fouls called against Curry early on, and the lack of calls in his favor. Meant he had to sit out minutes in the first quarter itself and couldn't defend hard.

I expect NBA to do the opposite tomorrow with some early calls against JB or Tatum.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
This playoffs seems to be filled with loads of blowouts and most games aren't close despite the series going to 6/7 games which is quite a bit of a let down in terms of excitement when watching the game.

Dont remember it being as bad as this in previous years.

Ladron de redcafe

I know the rulebook very well. People fight over rebounds all the time. Not sure why he should be ejected for that foul
There's a difference between fighting for a rebound and going for people's necks. There's a reason this incident is getting the coverage it is. Techs are techs. They should be called regardless of whether there's apprehension about "ruining a game" by throwing out a big name (which Draymond himself conceded that he knows takes place on his podcast after game 2).

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
There's a difference between fighting for a rebound and going for people's necks. There's a reason this incident is getting the coverage it is. Techs are techs. They should be called regardless of whether there's apprehension about "ruining a game" by throwing out a big name (which Draymond himself conceded that he knows takes place on his podcast after game 2).

Again he didn’t have a tech last game so ejection is out of the question . What coverage is this incident getting apart from random Celtics fans talking about it . He is quicker off the mark and Tatum is trying to stop him by getting his body in between so he pulls him . It’s nothing even worth a technical let alone an ejection

Ladron de redcafe

Again he didn’t have a tech last game so ejection is out of the question . What coverage is this incident getting apart from random Celtics fans talking about it . He is quicker off the mark and Tatum is trying to stop him by getting his body in between so he pulls him . It’s nothing even worth a technical let alone an ejection
He clearly goes at his neck which is a technical by any definition. Incidentally, Charles Barkley isn't a "random Celtic fan".

SinNombre

Some bad calls called on Looney. Draymond is a total liability.

Agree with the commentators that Wiggins needs to play 42+ mins today. All 3 of Steph, Wiggins and Looney. And rotate between Klay, GP2, OPJ and Poole, unless one of Klay or Poole get hot.

Wiggins comes back in the second quarter and suddenly the Warriors can defend again.

Last edited:

TheBest

SPNTBP
Tatum is getting his numbers but he has looked pretty ass by his standards this series. So many careless turnovers, missed layups and his handles have looked suspect at times.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Celtics are the better team and Dubs unfortunately are overmatched in every department this series. Robert Williams & Derrick white playing like this has completely changed this matchup

TheBest

SPNTBP
Only tatum is keeping gsw in this. Would be shame for curry if warriors lose, this is the first time in the finals that he is playing like the clear cut best player.

TheBest

SPNTBP
He has been incredible, still dont understand bostons defense on him though.

SinNombre

Only tatum is keeping gsw in this. Would be shame for curry if warriors lose, this is the first time in the finals that he is playing like the clear cut best player.
I think this is close, but not quite, to a Lebron 2015 level performance. Warriors have Wiggins, and Looney is competent but the rest of the starters are not NBA finals level (this season).

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This 4th quarter will decide the winner of the NB finals.

Celtics win this and then serious is basically over. If Warriors win it allows them to take control of the series in game 5 on home court.

Klay has been horrendous this whole series. Hoping he’s still not all the way back in rhythm after 2 years as opposed to having “lost it” he missed some borderline threes in this game that you don’t expect the second greatest shooter ever to miss.

Hoping the Warriors can steal this.

mav_9me

To me it feels like Celtics have outworked Warriors so far in the series.

SportingCP96

Supports
To me it feels like Celtics have outworked Warriors so far in the series.
The Celtics are just so athletic and defensively sound and the warriors are not. Add to the fact that draymond and Klay have been shells of themselves it’s a recipe for disaster I think

SportingCP96

Supports
Champions grit from the warriors being shown