NBA 2021-2022

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Insane win. Hope no idiot is ever going to talk about Steph & finals now. What a performance
In fairness only idiots doubted curry in the finals.
26PPG in the finals overall and this series he has been insane.

Give this man his flowers folks!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Steph is playing at such an insane level in this series . You can actually argue for a finals mvp even if the warriors lose

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Steph is playing at such an insane level in this series . You can actually argue for a finals mvp even if the warriors lose
Believe it or not, Bayless was hating on Steph in this game as well.

Such a joke of a human being.

SinNombre

In fairness only idiots doubted curry in the finals.
26PPG in the finals overall and this series he has been insane.

Give this man his flowers folks!
Well if you look at his finals performances
2015 finals - best Warriors, 2nd best in the series behind Lebron
2016 finals - Lebron was the best player. Steph's worst finals coming back from injury and where this meme started
2017 finals - Lebron was the best player, KD was the best Warrior with Curry deferring
2018 finals - Steph was the best player with KD a close second (imo) but box score media voters gave it to KD
2019 finals - Kawhi and Steph both had great series

2022 finals - Steph is by miles the best player in these finals.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Thanks mate. I'm now going to rewatch the game without all the anxiety.

Woohoo! Woohoo! Woohoo!
Just to add to this. I took my blood pressure with about 4 minutes to go (Dubs up by 1). It was 178/104 and my pulse was 130. It's back to normal now although my pulse is still racing.

God, I love basketball.

Eddy_JukeZ

Curry having a historic offensive series vs an incredible Boston defense.

So happy he's proving so many of his haters wrong.

Been by far the best player in the finals.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Well if you look at his finals performances
2015 finals - best Warriors, 2nd best in the series behind Lebron
2016 finals - Lebron was the best player. Steph's worst finals coming back from injury and where this meme started
2017 finals - Lebron was the best player, KD was the best Warrior with Curry deferring
2018 finals - Steph was the best player with KD a close second (imo) but box score media voters gave it to KD
2019 finals - Kawhi and Steph both had great series

2022 finals - Steph is by miles the best player in these finals.
As I recall Curry struggled in 2017, though that’s hardly to be held against him with all his success.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Dayum Steph, that was some insane shooting, should've had two four point plays as well but ridiculous no calls from the ref. Some key offensive rebounds from Wiggins and Draymond in the end as well.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I think it could have 7 games in this series, Warriors offensive games are out of this world and their defense is improved today. Anyway, I still think Celtics in 6 or 7.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well i just finished watching Winning Time so you know what i want to say about this series right?

And I actually quite like this team, but man...

Anyways, Steph only needs to do this 2 more times now :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Championship mettle from the Warriors in the fourth Q tonight, down 90-94 with 5’ left to end up winning 107-97. Curry was unbelievable but it’s also the Warriors D which was a lot better down the stretch than in the first three games.

Somewhat disappointed in Tatum so far, seems like he lacks the determination to get his team through tough stretches in the game. Boston more looking for Smart and Brown in those situations even.

Hopefully we can get a Game 7. Can’t really see Boston losing 3 in a row either tbh.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Well i just finished watching Winning Time so you know what i want to say about this series right?

And I actually quite like this team, but man...

Anyways, Steph only needs to do this 2 more times now :lol:

I have a feeling that Klay will have one really good game and if Steph can even be decent in that then that should be enough to win

I would love to know the Shot quality thing for last night because I felt that the warriors got some great shots which they bricked and overall the quality seemed really good

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Why would you waste your time on such a scrotum of a human being.
Because I always want to see what excuses he uses to avoid throwing a scintilla of praise in Steph's direction.

It's amazing what lengths he'll go to or the knots he'll tie himself in to avoid doing so. It actually becomes amusing.

Moby

Dick
Because I always want to see what excuses he uses to avoid throwing a scintilla of praise in Steph's direction.

It's amazing what lengths he'll go to or the knots he'll tie himself in to avoid doing so. It actually becomes amusing.
He's done the same to Lebron for years. Just a rabid attention seeking moron with a platform that he doesn't deserve.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I would literally have no preference in these Finals if it wasn’t for Draymond, because of him I want Celtics to win. It would have been all but done if they held on last night, now it turns into a very even series with slight edge to Warriors IMO.

Tatum has been very disappointing. 8-23 from the floor and 3-5 from free throw line is just not good enough, Celtics need someone to close out games for them and they don’t have that player like Warriors do with Curry so even though their rotation is much better man for man, they are struggling to capitalize on that.

Hope it goes 7 as that would make for an amazing Sunday night next week.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

He's clearly playing a role no ? Although it is hard to know for sure as he is so consistent with his hatred of certain players (Lebron, Luka, Curry being the best examples)

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Yesterday on NBA Today they were discussing whether Jayson Tatum should be considered a superstar. Since we have 2 more days until game 5, I thought I would throw out the question as to who you guys consider to be the top players in this league.

For arguments sake if we postulate that there are 20 top players in the current NBA and you can put those players into 3 categories: all time great, superstar, and star. Who are the 20 and what categories would you put them in?

Mine:

All time greats: LeBron, Steph, KD, Giannis.

Superstar: Kawhi (borderline, but too many injuries), Embiid, Jokic, Luka, CP3, Tatum, Harden (going to still give him the benefit of the doubt)

Star: Ja, George, Young, Davis, Lillard, Brown, Mitchell, Booker, Butler

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I have to say Redick is good at this media thing.

JPRouve

Scout
Yesterday on NBA Today they were discussing whether Jayson Tatum should be considered a superstar. Since we have 2 more days until game 5, I thought I would throw out the question as to who you guys consider to be the top players in this league.

For arguments sake if we postulate that there are 20 top players in the current NBA and you can put those players into 3 categories: all time great, superstar, and star. Who are the 20 and what categories would you put them in?

Mine:

All time greats: LeBron, Steph, KD, Giannis.

Superstar: Kawhi (borderline, but too many injuries), Embiid, Jokic, Luka, CP3, Tatum, Harden (going to still give him the benefit of the doubt)

Star: Ja, George, Young, Davis, Lillard, Brown, Mitchell, Booker, Butler
So you don't have Towns in your top 20?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
So you don't have Towns in your top 20?
He was 21st. I actually had him in there originally, but ended up swapping him out for Jaylen Brown. Since the Celtics are in the final that could be recency bias but it really was the toss of a coin.

JPRouve

Scout
He was 21st. I actually had him in there originally, but ended up swapping him out for Jaylen Brown. Since the Celtics are in the final that could be recency bias but it really was the toss of a coin.
I don't see any argument for the likes of Morant, Young or Mitchell to be above him.

JPRouve

Scout
Tier 1: James, Durant, Curry, Giannis, Embiid, Jokic
Tier 2: Butler, Davis, Tatum, Leonard, Doncic
Tier 3: Middleton, Lillard, Towns, Booker, Brown, Siakam, Morant, Edwards, Irving.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Tier 1: James, Durant, Curry, Giannis, Embiid, Jokic
Tier 2: Butler, Davis, Tatum, Leonard, Doncic
Tier 3: Middleton, Lillard, Towns, Booker, Brown, Siakam, Morant, Edwards, Irving.
I think you're looking at this a little differently than I was. It looks like you are picking your top 20 players and putting them in tiers whereas I was just trying to categorize who I thought were either all time greats, superstars or stars amongst active players and I just chose the 20 who I thought had the most "star power" based on their legacy and/or achievements.

Looking at your list, I don't think there's any doubt that Jokic and Embiid are top tier players but I don't think either one of them have either been around long enough or have enough playoff accomplishments to meet the criteria of an all time great but I do think they meet the definition of superstar.

Ultimately accomplishments was what finally decided me on leaving KAT out of my 20 because he's never won a playoff series which to me affects his legacy and therefore whether he was one of the players I chose to list or not .

Last edited: