NBA 2021-2022

R'hllor

Outside of Elton Brand all the names surprise me. I do believe that there is potential in the Wolves and Lore is seemingly willing to spend but those are big names.
Yea there are plenty things in Wolves that you can work with, dont have much knowledge about organization but roster wise, tones of potential, still think KAT is a hella weird cookie but rest seems in place. Like i said, dunno about other names for POBO but if TC accepts it, that would be so odd.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's one of the rumours.

Here you have a longer list from one of the main Wolves beat reporter.

Well you could argue that Wolves may be capable of luring Nuggets GM but how were they supposed to get any of the other 4?

It's like making a wishlist for trades and including Doncic, Jokic and Giannis on it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well you could argue that Wolves may be capable of luring Nuggets GM but how were they supposed to get any of the other 4?

It's like making a wishlist for trades and including Doncic, Jokic and Giannis on it.
There is a rumour about offering a percentage of the franchise. Not that it makes most of these realistic.

R'hllor

If they manage to lure TC out of Denver, that could be a potential sign that Kroenke might not be so supportive of max push to provide tools around Jokic for championship push. I mean, like i said, understand its buisness but was watching them last week behind scenes visiting Jokic in Serbia to give him that ugly looking ball, would never say that he would bail on the work he done so far in Denver but then again who knows whats the offer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Mavs launched 48 3-pt attempts, is that anywhere near a playoff record?
Surprisingly, nowhere near. Not even top 20.

The Rockets attempted a whopping 58 threes in 2020 vs OKC. Made 23, still lost the damn game. There has been 18 playoff games where a team attempted 50 threes or more. The Rockets make up 9 of those times. Yeah the D'Antoni era was a madness.

The Mavs last night come in at 21 in the list of most threes attempted.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The celtics took 55 3s in game 7 against the bucks iirc. Made 22

Yeah, mavs shot 11/48 from 3. 22.9%

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The big difference between the Warriors & Suns is that warriors are capable of playing at a very fast race which means that if you launch so many 3’s then you better be making a lot of them or else you will get destroyed in transition

AussieDevil

It's one of the rumours.

Here you have a longer list from one of the main Wolves beat reporter.

They couldn’t have picked more unrealistic names. Presti, Masai and Myers are no chance, and Morey looks like he will get more time in Philly. I’d be surprised if Connelly leaves Denver to make what seems to be a sidewards move, but depending on what they give him that might be the only one they could nab.

Charlie Foley

In case anyone wants to better understand why what the Mavs did against the Suns won't work vs. Golden State...
Ah, you beat me to it. Amazing insight!

I still think we’ll get spanked in Dallas at least once where their 3s are falling. But a good start!

Charlie Foley

Surprisingly, nowhere near. Not even top 20.

The Rockets attempted a whopping 58 threes in 2020 vs OKC. Made 23, still lost the damn game. There has been 18 playoff games where a team attempted 50 threes or more. The Rockets make up 9 of those times. Yeah the D'Antoni era was a madness.

The Mavs last night come in at 21 in the list of most threes attempted.
:eek::eek:

AussieDevil

I would love it if the Wolves could trade for that pick.
I would like to see the Wolves go after SGA, I think you could tempt OKC with a trade. SGA would be okay being the third option behind Edwards and KAT whilst also becoming your best perimeter defender and being all round better than Russell.

However, It’s difficult because your franchise wants to keep KAT happy and so I doubt they will move Russell who is seemingly close with KAT.

TheBest

SPNTBP

In case anyone wants to better understand why what the Mavs did against the Suns won't work vs. Golden State...
While the warriors are without doubt much better than suns defensively. All of this is just reactionary. Mavs missed so many wide open 3s in the first half. They will start hitting them and everything will change.

edcunited1878

While the warriors are without doubt much better than suns defensively. All of this is just reactionary. Mavs missed so many wide open 3s in the first half. They will start hitting them and everything will change.
Even if the Mavs splash 7 to 10 more 3s in Game 1, it would have been a closer game then Curry would have had to play in the 4th quarter.

Mavs have to defend better and get scoring from Bullock, Dinwiddie, and another player not named Luka or Brunson to make it a really close game against the Warriors. GSW have developed a 3rd Splash Bro in Poole.

Wiggins can defend and shoot as a 4th option, unlike Mavs who rely on Doncic, Brunson, and Dinwiddie at best. But the key is the defensive rotations and actions of the Warriors spearheaded by Draymond. He can guard all 5 positions against the Mavs and make enough difference on his own on the defensive end.

ZDwyr

I would like to see the Wolves go after SGA, I think you could tempt OKC with a trade. SGA would be okay being the third option behind Edwards and KAT whilst also becoming your best perimeter defender and being all round better than Russell.

However, It’s difficult because your franchise wants to keep KAT happy and so I doubt they will move Russell who is seemingly close with KAT.
Highly unlikely OKC give up SGA unless it's an unbelievable offer.

JPRouve

Scout
Highly unlikely OKC give up SGA unless it's an unbelievable offer.
In my quest to trade D-Lo, I have been thinking about SGA. They are totally rebuilding so there is a scenario where getting an expiring contract and picks for SGA could be enticing but it looks like a long shot.

JPRouve

Scout

Russell being traded isn't due to the player itself because he has been good and the team is far better with him. The issue is that he has an expiring contract and there is no reasonable scenario where you give him the max contract he is eligible for. So unless Russell accept to lower his wage closer to his true value(18m-22m), then I don't see how he stays beyond next season, regardless of the fact that his best friend is KAT.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Even if the Mavs splash 7 to 10 more 3s in Game 1, it would have been a closer game then Curry would have had to play in the 4th quarter.

Mavs have to defend better and get scoring from Bullock, Dinwiddie, and another player not named Luka or Brunson to make it a really close game against the Warriors. GSW have developed a 3rd Splash Bro in Poole.

Wiggins can defend and shoot as a 4th option, unlike Mavs who rely on Doncic, Brunson, and Dinwiddie at best. But the key is the defensive rotations and actions of the Warriors spearheaded by Draymond. He can guard all 5 positions against the Mavs and make enough difference on his own on the defensive end.
I think if they hit their threes, the game is completely different. Warriors would have to adjust their defensive scheme. No way is conceding open 3 points shots a great scheme. Warriors would still have won but it would have been a lot closer.

Revan

Assumptionman
Great performance by the Celtics to tie it. Butler did not have much help.

I think this is the real final, and the winner of this tie is gonna have relatively an easy day against anyone who comes from the West.

Revan

Assumptionman
Btw, does anyone find it weird that both the statistics and the awards are divided into regular season and playoff? For example, the Most Valuable Player is entirely based on the regular season, while the playoff is the only thing that matters in reality.

Also, as bizarrely, the finals' MVP must go to the winning team. I think would have been much better to just give it to the most valuable player in the overall season.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Btw, does anyone find it weird that both the statistics and the awards are divided into regular season and playoff? For example, the Most Valuable Player is entirely based on the regular season, while the playoff is the only thing that matters in reality.
No, because every player in the NBA has the same chance to play 82 games in the regular season. 14 teams don't make the playoffs, and theoretically one team can make it to the finals having played 21 games against a team that only played 12.
One example why playoff stats aren't looked at very often: Jae Crowder has more playoff points than AD.

FInals MVP going to a player from the winning team isn't a must, but it is a convention. Jerry West once won it despite his Lakers losing the finals.
The NBA also created new Conference Playoff MVP awards this season.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Great performance by the Celtics to tie it. Butler did not have much help.

I think this is the real final, and the winner of this tie is gonna have relatively an easy day against anyone who comes from the West.
I'm definitely worried about the Celtics but I think either the Warriors or the Mavs would beat the Heat. It would be a little more difficult for the Mavs since Miami would have home court against them but I'd still fancy them to win.

Worried about Boston though.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
For anybody that's interested, the Nets have been installed as the bookies favorite for the 2023 NBA title.

So @Revan here's your chance to go all the way with your Nets predictions. ;)

Beans

Supports
Neutral
For anybody that's interested, the Nets have been installed as the bookies favorite for the 2023 NBA title.

So @Revan here's your chance to go all the way with your Nets predictions. ;)
Doesn't that just mean the most bets are on the Nets? Or do they open with calculations based on their analysis?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Doesn't that just mean the most bets are on the Nets? Or do they open with calculations based on their analysis?
It's a mix afaik, but the amount of money and bets placed does play a significant role.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
They open with calculations based on their analysis, but the idea is to get you to bet (and of course to lose). If there is a lot of money placed on a team at the opening odds, the odds shorten. If few bets are placed at the opening odds they lengthen to try and make it more attractive to the punter to get them to bet (which is the real goal since the majority of people do end up losing).

Bottom line is the bookies want to make it attractive enough to take your money, but not attractive enough where at the end of the day you actually win more than you lose.

edcunited1878

I think if they hit their threes, the game is completely different. Warriors would have to adjust their defensive scheme. No way is conceding open 3 points shots a great scheme. Warriors would still have won but it would have been a lot closer.
You're not going to have flawless defensive switching and coverage against all 3s, so you're going to give up some open 3s due to the spread and spacing of a team like Dallas. They will adjust and make more shots, but Mavs also have to pick up the pace two fold to keep up with the Warriors. The burden is going to be on Brunson, Dinwiddie, and a 3rd scorer for Dallas as Warriors have "strength in numbers" both ways.

Game 1 was a shock to Dallas, but they will adjust and should be able to get a couple games to make the series interesting at the least.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Heard the advanced model which calculates the quality of the shots(similar to xG basically) had the mavs winning game 1...make of that what you will...

Also the celtics shot badly in game 1, something like 50% on shots that average an 80% make in game 1 or something along those lines. Bet those models would say the celtics massively outperformed their shots in game 2. Their defensive adjustments, particularly with Smart and Horford completely shut down the heat's offence though

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Cs have 9 players actively contributing at PO level, which is deeeep and can make for one or two bad performances on the night: Tatum & Brown as Batman & Robin + Smart & Horford as highly proficient cornerstones + the two Williams, Theis, White and Pritchard. In case, the Finals would be uncharted waters, though. Golden State would start as clear favorites, and rightly so for a number of reasons. The Mavs would be a bit more relatable and new to the final challenge as well.

R'hllor

Whereas, Joel Embiid has been a dedicated team member of the Philadelphia 76ers for years, has gained numerous accolades, and led the team through numerous games and tough battles on the way to victory, and

Whereas, Joel Embiid is deserving of the distinction of MVP, now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the council of the city of Philadelphia that it hereby celebrates Joel Embiid as MVP: "Most Valuable Philadelphian."

Further resolved, that an engrossed copy of this resolution be presented to Joel Embiid as evidence of the sincere respect and admiration of this legislative body.
Embiid finally wins MVP

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Classic Dubs performance this season. Impossible to know what you will get from them. Having said that it’s also strange how much the refs can influence games. Warriors got completely rattled there though and lost their head