NBA 2021-2022

edcunited1878

One thing being missed is that Dallas are missing who was supposed to be their second/third best scorer Tim Hardaway jnr. In playoffs where Dallas success has largely been based on how the supporting cast perform and not necessarily Luka, could've been a difference.
Brunson is picking up that slack quite easily and is attacking the paint as well. Tim Jr would add depth and instead of relying on a Bullock, it would have been Tim Jr. Then Dinwiddie.

But scoring hasn't been the issue, it's the defensive side and experience that is coming through for GSW. The Mavs will score in bunches but have to match the dry spells with much better defensive runs, they haven't

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Balls of steel from the Heat. When the Celtics cut it to one after leading by 25 or so and with Jimmy Butler gone from the game, they could have easily folded. But they just wouldn't go away.

Balls of steel!

edcunited1878

Balls of steel from the Heat. When the Celtics cut it to one after leading by 25 or so and with Jimmy Butler gone from the game, they could have easily folded. But they just wouldn't go away.

Balls of steel!
They have Lowry and Tucker, who were quite questionable to play, going the distance. These are Championship players with an elite toughness and mentality that match their head coach. They will run through a brick wall for Spo and each other if it means they will win.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
They have Lowry and Tucker, who were quite questionable to play, going the distance. These are Championship players with an elite toughness and mentality that match their head coach. They will run through a brick wall for Spo and each other if it means they will win.
Yeah, we all can see from these PO games that the Cs have maybe the highest potential and depth, yet they are not at championship level for the time being: the coach is good but also a rookie, Tatum is not yet total MVP material, Brown still needs the confidence to act as a MVP candidate as well, the supporting cast is a bit too streaky. They might find the extra gear and seize the opportunity while running, though, which makes their run entertaining.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Decent first half but giving up too many fouls. Bench struggled a little. They need to do better if the Dubs are going to win this.

Last edited:

SinNombre

Steph is both the most loved and most disrespected superstar at the same time.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Steph is both the most loved and most disrespected superstar at the same time.
Luka is a great player, but I'd much rather have Steph. He makes his team mates so much better.

....but then I'm a tiny bit biased.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Luka seemed even slower on defense in this match, maybe injured. Just no way for him to defend anyone, he can drop as many points as he wants but with defending like that he can't help his team get wins.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Luka seemed even slower on defense in this match, maybe injured. Just no way for him to defend anyone, he can drop as many points as he wants but with defending like that he can't help his team get wins.
If I was mean, I would say it should be Luka Oncic - no D. ;)

He's still really good though and so much fun to watch.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Get 1 game at least because getting swept after doing that to Phoenix would make a lot of people forget that series. Golden State are very good, I'm impressed how the key players of their previous title runs have impacted their entire roster. If they finish this in 4, they will so many days of rest while the other series could very long

Moby

Dick
Easy ring coming up for Warriors. This series is done and they can sit and watch the eastern finalists physically manhandle each other for 7 games and possibly picking up injuries.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Look at this, I don't understand why after 3 misses, the man keeps shooting. Jason Kidd needs to have more variety to their offence

But not shooting after three misses is not the right plan either. The offense is built to play that way and so you just have to believe in yourself & feel that sooner or later one will go in

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So the Warriors in the NBA finals again then. Sigh.

I guess I was destined to root for which ever team comes out of the east.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

we were fecked the second GOAT choose us, though after last night he switched to the Warriors so this aint over yet!

ZDwyr

Easy ring coming up for Warriors. This series is done and they can sit and watch the eastern finalists physically manhandle each other for 7 games and possibly picking up injuries.
They lost Kevin Durant in free agency. Klay Thompson missed like 2 full seasons of basketball with injuries that have ruined careers. They wasted pick #2 on Wiseman. And yet, they will win ANOTHER championship.

What deal with the devil have they made?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
So the Warriors in the NBA finals again then. Sigh.

I guess I was destined to root for which ever team comes out of the east.
They lost Kevin Durant in free agency. Klay Thompson missed like 2 full seasons of basketball with injuries that have ruined careers. They wasted pick #2 on Wiseman. And yet, they will win ANOTHER championship.

Come over to what you think is the dark side guys and you'll find you're really walking in the light.

Skåre Willoch

This is the deal they made with the devil.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Looking at that draft, who should they have selected at 2nd? It looks a weak draft but I don't follow the league close enough to determine if some of those players are contributing beyond Ball and Edwards.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That's like asking me to root for Liverpool. Just isn't happening mate :lol:
Wash your mouth out with soap. Comparing Liverpool to Golden State is like comparing a satanic horde :devil: to an angelic choir :angel:. It's bad enough now, but living through the Shankly and Paisley eras scarred me for life. I sometimes think deep down that's why I moved to the US. :nervous:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Looking at that draft, who should they have selected at 2nd? It looks a weak draft but I don't follow the league close enough to determine if some of those players are contributing beyond Ball and Edwards.
Exactly him. Scary to think how good they would be if they also had LaMelo in this team. Not much in it below that though as all the players between Ball at 3 and Halliburton at 12 have somewhat failed so far.

Revan

Assumptionman

But then the feckers got a top player in Jordan Poole who was #29 or so pick. So it kinda evens out.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is the deal they made with the devil.

It’s not so straight forward. 6 of the 9 players that have played this series were drafted by the warriors and then developed in a way that made them good enough to earn big bucks. This is without even counting Kuminga or Wiseman . They are here because they have been great with drafting & player development

SinNombre

Exactly him. Scary to think how good they would be if they also had LaMelo in this team. Not much in it below that though as all the players between Ball at 3 and Halliburton at 12 have somewhat failed so far.
These things don’t work that linearly, those minutes helped towards Poole’s development and Lamelo obviously is younger but their current levels are quite similar.

Also who knows how much of a distraction the Ball family would be at an actual contender.

I think they would have received more criticism if they had gotten the 1st pick and not picked Ant

Skåre Willoch

It’s not so straight forward. 6 of the 9 players that have played this series were drafted by the warriors and then developed in a way that made them good enough to earn big bucks. This is without even counting Kuminga or Wiseman . They are here because they have been great with drafting & player development
For sure. Not saying it's this simple, it was more tounge in cheek. But they do spend by far the most of any team in the league, and spending often correlates with success.

Charlie Foley

“What deal with the devil have they made” he asks, while listing all the terrible things that have happened to us preventing us from winning anything since 4 years ago (and nothing won yet this year, you all need to stop jinxing us :lol: )

Wash your mouth out with soap. Comparing Liverpool to Golden State is like comparing a satanic horde :devil: to an angelic choir :angel:. It's bad enough now, but living through the Shankly and Paisley eras scarred me for life. I sometimes think deep down that's why I moved to the US. :nervous:
I moved back to the US in 2017. I’m not sure whether my presence was actually cosmically preventing Liverpool from winning things or what, so it may be my fault, but I am a bit relieved given their current level that I can hide in the US where no one really cares to the same extent. I just have the 49ers to break my heart here. There is one guy in my neighbourhood who puts a Liverpool lawn sign out every time they win. He takes it in for the rest of the week which I find bizarre, then back out for a night if they get a good result. Maybe that’s all his wife lets him do. My dog pissed on it once :lol::lol::lol:

Charlie Foley

I still have big hopes from Wiseman if he can remain fit for any length of time
Me too, worth remembering how little basketball he has played even to college level.

A bit like Schrödinger's centre/Schrödinger's draft pick, until we open the box and see him play more regularly, we don’t know:lol:

definitely some high ceilings for our young crew. Poole has already arrived, I like that they’re giving Moody(who was good against Dallas in the regular season) Lee’s minutes (also just good to not be trying to win a championship with 7 guys), Wiseman is still an unknown but like you said I’m hopeful, and Kuminga I think is going to be a star -I thought we’d have seen him in this series, but the way the Dubs switch defensive schemes on the fly without timeouts, I can see why they’ve held him back too..

R'hllor

Dejan Milojevic working closely with Wiseman right, like he is his main focus?

Also looking at Mavs contracts, made me thinking, are teams with 2/3 players on max more successful than if you have one guy and then others are like on 15-20mil.?