NBA 2022-2023

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Kyrie is so overrated by casual NBA fans. Mavs are going nowhere if they re-sign him and build around him and Luka.
This. Looking at the last 7 years Kyrie has accomplished nothing. He's good on the eye but doesn't contribute to winning and often actively made his teams worse by either checking out in the playoffs or missing games due to insanity.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nah, they will sort themself out, just need to turn whole current noise about Luka plus Kyrie into positive.
It won’t happen. You cannot build a genuinely good team around two ball dominant players who don’t defend. Even if the offense will click sometimes, they are just going to allow too many points on the other side of the floor to be a contender.

Sarni

Kyrie is so overrated by casual NBA fans. Mavs are going nowhere if they re-sign him and build around him and Luka.
They are also doomed if they don’t resign him. It’s a true definition of a lose-lose situation.

ExoduS

Kyrie is the worst. Hated him since he joined Celtics and became the definition of toxicity.

R'hllor

It won’t happen. You cannot build a genuinely good team around two ball dominant players who don’t defend. Even if the offense will click sometimes, they are just going to allow too many points on the other side of the floor to be a contender.
Yea probably, meant more in a sense to not look all over place as they look now. They seems having a good game vs 76ers (not trying to jinx) atm.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Mavs shot 54% from the field and 52% from three and still only won by 7 points against the 76ers who played back to back. They surely must have the second worst defense after Houston.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Rewatched the 2nd half of last night's game against the Clips. I'm actually starting to believe that the Dubs are finally starting to put it together. Will get a much better idea when they go on the road (where they have previously sucked) and then Steph and Wiggs return.

Positive vibes. Finally.

ZDwyr

The Portland roster outside of Lillard (and Grant I guess) is awful.

SinNombre

Rewatched the 2nd half of last night's game against the Clips. I'm actually starting to believe that the Dubs are finally starting to put it together. Will get a much better idea when they go on the road (where they have previously sucked) and then Steph and Wiggs return.

Positive vibes. Finally.
And GP2.

There is a chance that possibly the 2 best playoff teams in the West finish 4th and 5th and play in the first round.

Figuring out what to do with JP is the biggest question mark but hopefully with a fit GP2 and Kuminga, he is part of a stronger rotation.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Another win. Dubs are on a roll. Kuminga is looking really good. Seems to have figured it out on both ends of the floor.

On another subject. I've been watching the NBA for nigh on 35 years and in all that time I thought I'd figured out at least a rudimentary understanding of the game. After watching the last few seconds of the Kings/Clippers game - apparently not. The Kings down by one get to the line to shoot 2 free throws, both of which they make. The Clips down by 1 now have 7 seconds to get a basket. What to do? Well I thought you'd try and drive to the basket to get fouled or at least try and make a relatively open jump shot either at the rim or close to it. Nope! You dribble down the court and then pull up at the edge of the 3 point line to try and make a pull up 3. WTF! Why? You only need 2, the clock is running down a 2 point buzzer beater is all you need. If you miss or the refs don't call a foul on the drive, so be it, but a 3. Just don't get it.

SinNombre

Kuminga is the most underrated 20-year old in the league.

Just checked EPM and he is 3rd in the league right now for his age across all positions behind Sengun and Banchero.

Poole on the other hand is 43rd and 16th amongst all SG/PG 24 and younger. That said, he has had to play the main ballhandler role either with the second unit or in Steph's absence so hopefully he will be better when Steph returns.

Warriors looking good and deep with Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Looney first unit and DDV, Kuminga, Poole, GP2 and Lamb second unit.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Say what you will about his defensive shortcomings in the playoffs, but the Joker is a RS G-O-D

It's ultimately academic since the Bucks are gonna win the title, but the West is gonna be a bloodbath

Sarni

The Portland roster outside of Lillard (and Grant I guess) is awful.
It is abysmal. All the talk how we need to trade everything for that final veteran to allow Dame to win the title needs to stop, what this team needs is a long and proper rebuild. This season is gone already, I’d rather rest key players and rack up losses so we can get a good pick and under no circumstances should we trade that pick for an average veteran (people are actually fine giving up no. 1 pick for Bridges!!). If we stumble through the process of drafting upon a young player that changes our fortunes then yeah, we could win, but we won’t get there by just adding decent players.

Simons we can trade even tomorrow if our intention is to keep building around Dame. They don’t fit. Sharpe is pretty much the only player on the roster I’d feel bad about trading and coincidentally he’s also the player many of our fan base want to trade for someone like OG.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Welcome.

For my overdue rant on the Grizzlies:

You don't brandish a gun on IG live when you haven't at least cracked the conference finals.
Morant is being an embarrassing idiot.
And an achilles tear in the team the same day. It's not a Grizzlies week.

sidsutton

What is going on with Morant? No CTE to explain his descent into being an unbearable twat.

edcunited1878

What is going on with Morant? No CTE to explain his descent into being an unbearable twat.
The fame and money really got to his head. And their run in the playoffs elevated him and his team. Then his dad got into some stuff with Shannon Sharpe(?) and nobody is keeping him in check off the court. The All Star game shit came from the people around him, literally from the car he was in.

jem

The fame and money really got to his head. And their run in the playoffs elevated him and his team. Then his dad got into some stuff with Shannon Sharpe(?) and nobody is keeping him in check off the court. The All Star game shit came from the people around him, literally from the car he was in.
What happened at the All-Star game? Definitely not looking good for Ja; hopefully someone with sense intervenes before it’s too late.

ZDwyr

Trying to spin it by saying he needs to work on himself and develop new strategies to handle his stress and well-being is a pretty desperate attempt at spin. I hate the way 'mental health' has become the go-to explanation for terrible behaviour around 'famous' people.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Trying to spin it by saying he needs to work on himself and develop new strategies to handle his stress and well-being is a pretty desperate attempt at spin. I hate the way 'mental health' has become the go-to explanation for terrible behaviour around 'famous' people.
Terrible behavior?

Ok everyone is overreacting now.

Flashing a gun on IG is immature and distracting. It's not "terrible behavior".

I'm reading Twitter and you'd think he shot up a car or something.

SinNombre

Terrible behavior?

He has previous of doing similar including beating up a teenager so it is only a matter of time before he escalates.

adexkola

Supports
He has previous of doing similar including beating up a teenager so it is only a matter of time before he escalates.
1. No he doesn't
2. That was a rumor (that you're obviously taking as a fact, seeing as you were there and all)
3. Escalate to what, exactly?

Shame cause he's so fun on the court but clearly needs to grow up a lot off it.
He's 23. Why does he need to grow up a lot?

ZDwyr

Terrible behavior?

Maybe. But it's semantics. The point of the post is that it's disingenuous to blame stress and mental well-being for the immature behaviour. He's acting like an idiot and needs to fully own that.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
1. No he doesn't
2. That was a rumor (that you're obviously taking as a fact, seeing as you were there and all)
3. Escalate to what, exactly?

He's 23. Why does he need to grow up a lot?
Because he's an father still in his wannabe gangsta phase. Beating up a teenager and threatening mall security makes you look like a clown not like a badass.

adexkola

Supports
Maybe. But it's semantics. The point of the post is that it's disingenuous to blame stress and mental well-being for the immature behaviour. He's acting like an idiot and needs to fully own that.
Why is it bothering so many people that he's acting like a "harmless" idiot? I'm only bothered because I'm a fan of the team and I don't want distractions from going after a championship in the competitive west, beyond that I don't care. Why are so many people invested in him being an idiot (not the Kyrie kind)?

ZDwyr

Why is it bothering so many people that he's acting like a "harmless" idiot? I'm only bothered because I'm a fan of the team and I don't want distractions from going after a championship in the competitive west, beyond that I don't care. Why are so many people invested in him being an idiot (not the Kyrie kind)?
I can't answer why it bothers others. I'm just bothered that he is using the mental health excuse. His behaviour makes me roll my eyes to be honest. But at the end of the day it doesn't affect me.

adexkola

Supports
Because he's an father still in his wannabe gangsta phase. Beating up a teenager and threatening mall security makes you look like a clown not like a badass.
He doesn't have to fit in your box of what an NBA player or father should be. As long as he abides by the law (no charges came from the mentioned incident).

I can't answer why it bothers others. I'm just bothered that he is using the mental health excuse. His behaviour makes me roll my eyes to be honest. But at the end of the day it doesn't affect me.
Mental health is the convenient go-to nowadays.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He doesn't have to fit in your box of what an NBA player or father should be. As long as he abides by the law (no charges came from the mentioned incident).
I can only comment on criminals now can I. Of course you're a desperate Memphis fan sucking off your star player. Dude is an immature clown and hopefully he doesn't get himself or anyone else hurt.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I can only comment on criminals now can I. Of course you're a desperate Memphis fan sucking off your star player. Dude is an immature clown and hopefully he doesn't get himself or anyone else hurt.
Shots fired! Ja isn't the only one wildin'. :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Mental health is the convenient go-to nowadays.
Is that beating up a teenager thing not true? Or just rumours at the moment?