NBA 2022-2023

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I can only comment on criminals now can I. Of course you're a desperate Memphis fan sucking off your star player. Dude is an immature clown and hopefully he doesn't get himself or anyone else hurt.
I'm not desperate, neither am I doing any sucking. I was conversing with a (probably) suburban cunt weapon... who's named after a weapon, conveniently

adexkola

Supports
Is that beating up a teenager thing not true? Or just rumours at the moment?
It's not true, frivolous lawsuit attempt. At the time was more annoyed he was playing pickup basketball and getting himself into situations. You don't have to be this moral paragon suburban idiots want you to be... Just move smart.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'm not desperate, neither am I doing any sucking. I was conversing with a (probably) suburban cunt weapon... who's named after a weapon, conveniently
Oooh suburban. What a burn. You must be a tough guy from the hood like your boy Ja.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think NBA players & athletes in general get a lot of privileges and so they need to be mindful of their behaviour in public. Ja Morant is heavily followed on instagram because of who he is and he benefits heavily financially because of that. Playing around with a gun is not a joke in a country with so much gun violence

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's not true, frivolous lawsuit attempt. At the time was more annoyed he was playing pickup basketball and getting himself into situations. You don't have to be this moral paragon suburban idiots want you to be... Just move smart.
Fair enough. And agree on the last part.

SinNombre

Oooh suburban. What a burn. You must be a tough guy from the hood like your boy Ja.
The ironical part to all this is Ja himself is a suburban trying to claim and behave like he is from the hood.

The Grizz should be a well liked young team on the rise but are disliked because of Ja and Brooks.

SinNombre

1. No he doesn't
2. That was a rumor (that you're obviously taking as a fact, seeing as you were there and all)
3. Escalate to what, exactly?
But you were there and all to know it was frivolous.

I think irony is being lost on you here. Fandom can do that.

adexkola

Supports
No not at all. I recognize folks like you though. Didn't know you were an expert at watching dicks being sucked too, but thanks for volunteering that info

I think NBA players & athletes in general get a lot of privileges and so they need to be mindful of their behaviour in public. Ja Morant is heavily followed on instagram because of who he is and he benefits heavily financially because of that. Playing around with a gun is not a joke in a country with so much gun violence
Guns are everywhere in the country. And they are legal. It's jarring to me to see them treated with such abandon but that is literally the US. I don't think there should be an expectation on athletes to be morally or ethically higher than the common denominator in society, just because they can bounce a ball well.

That's the part of this discourse that's so jarring.

adexkola

Supports
But you were there and all to know it was frivolous.

I think irony is being lost on you here. Fandom can do that.
The police reports and lack of charges speak more than any one's commentary on the net.

For what it's worth, I'm the one who initiated the conversation calling him an idiot for letting his life distract from the basketball as a fan. The discourse has gone beyond that which is nonsensical.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
In general I agree that athletes shouldn’t be judged by higher moral or ethical standards but it’s batshit crazy to me that you are arguing for a star NBA player who was found to be flaunting a gun on his Instagram. Ja can do whatever he wants in private but in the end whether he likes it or not but a lot of young people look up to him. If he posted this on a private message and someone leaked it then I would actually have sympathy for him but to do this on a public account is madness

adexkola

Supports
In general I agree that athletes shouldn’t be judged by higher moral or ethical standards but it’s batshit crazy to me that you are arguing for a star NBA player who was found to be flaunting a gun on his Instagram. Ja can do whatever he wants in private but in the end whether he likes it or not but a lot of young people look up to him. If he posted this on a private message and someone leaked it then I would actually have sympathy for him but to do this on a public account is madness
I'm bored. And I'm not saying he shouldn't move smarter, I've stated that, and i started the discussion by stating my annoyance at him. But that's distinct from this flagellation from the media and fan base and some morons saying he needs to be a better person... what?

Young people admire his basketball skills. They don't look to him as a moral paragon.

If you think I'm seeing this wrong, this is similar to what happened with Allen Iverson.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
What a terrible day all round. United get tonked and then the Dubs continue their crap play on the road.

arthurka

Lakers grinded that out, some brilliant D played by Schröder on Steph in the last quarter.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We can't even tank properly. How can you beat the one team that you are so close to in wins column?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I'm bored. And I'm not saying he shouldn't move smarter, I've stated that, and i started the discussion by stating my annoyance at him. But that's distinct from this flagellation from the media and fan base and some morons saying he needs to be a better person... what?

Young people admire his basketball skills. They don't look to him as a moral paragon.

If you think I'm seeing this wrong, this is similar to what happened with Allen Iverson.
More like Gilbert Arenas. Great on the court, man child off it who wants to act like a tough guy.

adexkola

Supports
More like Gilbert Arenas. Great on the court, man child off it who wants to act like a tough guy.
Yes, key difference being that Arenas was suspended after being investigated (and indicted) for violations of local and federal law involving a gun, and in addition to that, drawing a gun on a teammate. Ja's (confirmed) behavior falls way short of that threshold.

But there are parallels for sure.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
FTFY :drool:

Level with the Jazz right now who are on a 3-game losing streak. Last few games post All-Star break have been mostly fun.
That was funny. I thought WTF! How much did I have to drink yesterday. I don't remember saying that. :houllier:

Bobski

I can't wait for the playoffs, this regular season is not far off unwatchable with how little defense is being played, or to be more truthful, how little defense is being allowed to be played.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I can't wait for the playoffs, this regular season is not far off unwatchable with how little defense is being played, or to be more truthful, how little defense is being allowed to be played.
This is partly the reason why I don't watch the NBA anymore.

Used to love the defensive games in the late 1990s/early 2000s.
Remember tight games finishing in the 60 point regions. Those were the days.

I understand why today's product would attract more people and I get everyone has their own taste, its just not my cup of tea.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol: Agreed. What the hell is this shit?

adexkola

Supports
This is partly the reason why I don't watch the NBA anymore.

Used to love the defensive games in the late 1990s/early 2000s.
Remember tight games finishing in the 60 point regions. Those were the days.

I understand why today's product would attract more people and I get everyone has their own taste, its just not my cup of tea.
That was horrible basketball by nearly every metric possible.

You like what you like so fair enough, but the league deliberately pivoted away from that for a reason.

SinNombre

Steph with 40 and losing to the Thunder - Kerr needs to stop messing around. And Poole needs to be traded in the summer before his reputation sinks.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Steph with 40 and losing to the Thunder - Kerr needs to stop messing around. And Poole needs to be traded in the summer before his reputation sinks.
If Poole was a horse he'd already be well acquainted with the glue factory.

On the positive side I thought Kuminga did well again.

Overall I'm expecting "Cancun" really early this year assuming they make the playoffs at all.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
AD is a beast. Smashed the bum ass Grizzlies. Gotta thank them for giving us Pau though. Great half time ceremony for his jersey being raised to the rafters. Easy first ballot Hall of famer.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
There's still way too many games. Each game alone is near meaningless. That's why the product is terrible. But more games means more money, so it will never change to a better number. I fear the NFL will keep diluting also.

Real Name

Incredible situation in the west, standings are stacked. Lakers from a point of being far away from playinn can easily be 5th and Clippers might not even end in playin. We might even witness a Clippers-Lakers game in playin, who knows. Warriors losing a lot recently wont help their cause either.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
There's still way too many games. Each game alone is near meaningless. That's why the product is terrible. But more games means more money, so it will never change to a better number. I fear the NFL will keep diluting also.
Think we're good for a while there given the amount of player pushback on extending the season for just one game (and they needed to scrap a preseason game as well). Given the nature of the game it seems impossible to stretch it to 20 games or so (not that it will never happen, but we're some years away from that imo).

I think load management in the NBA is bullshit (eloquently put by Anthony Edwards as well during the All-Star break) but it's exactly because there's too many regular season games that players feel they can easily sit out games without any impact on record/seeding. If you shorten the season they'd maybe feel the need to play more games to secure a playoff spot but, like you said, too much money involved to shorten the season.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Also apparently Ja Morant will be suspended for at least 50 games because he brought the gun onto a team plane to Colorado?

Real Name

Think we're good for a while there given the amount of player pushback on extending the season for just one game (and they needed to scrap a preseason game as well). Given the nature of the game it seems impossible to stretch it to 20 games or so (not that it will never happen, but we're some years away from that imo).

I think load management in the NBA is bullshit (eloquently put by Anthony Edwards as well during the All-Star break) but it's exactly because there's too many regular season games that players feel they can easily sit out games without any impact on record/seeding. If you shorten the season they'd maybe feel the need to play more games to secure a playoff spot but, like you said, too much money involved to shorten the season.
I dont watch NFL at all but if I get it right they dont have a lot of games in regular season, right? I'm not sure why is that, if someone can fill me in. Its a different, harder game to play?
Maybe some middle ground between the situation there and in the NBA can be found.

ZDwyr

So excited to see this team with Chet next season. If he gets close to reaching his potential OKC fans are in for a fun 5-10 years.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I dont watch NFL at all but if I get it right they dont have a lot of games in regular season, right? I'm not sure why is that, if someone can fill me in. Its a different, harder game to play?
Maybe some middle ground between the situation there and in the NBA can be found.
17 games, and even that leads to a shit ton of injuries and players postponing much-needed surgeries just to play through injury. The violent nature of the game just doesn't allow for more games to be played without half of the players sustaining long-term injuries.

Real Name

17 games, and even that leads to a shit ton of injuries and players postponing much-needed surgeries just to play through injury. The violent nature of the game just doesn't allow for more games to be played without half of the players sustaining long-term injuries.
Wow, crazy, brutal sport it seems.
But in any case there are definitely too many games in NBA regular season.

cafecillos

I tend to agree, maybe two matches against all the other teams would be more than enough (58 RS games). But there's absolutely zero chance of it happening, possibly ever, certainly in our lifetimes. Apart from the money, which is enough to end the discussion before it even starts in and of itself, also the cumulative stats and records would be much lower and impossible to break respectively, and I'm not sure the NBA would love that particular consequence.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
No, the 50 games was a stupid conjecture from a reporter that everyone took and ran with. Punishment is at the commissioner,'s discretion.
I'd say as long as he's out for both the Dubs games then that's enough, however since the games are in Memphis and our road record is what it is, you could put the local high school out and stll get the win.

Bobski

That was horrible basketball by nearly every metric possible.

You like what you like so fair enough, but the league deliberately pivoted away from that for a reason.
Balance is needed. The first month of last season might be the most competitive regular season basketball I have ever seen. They were allowing much more physicality, the stars weren't getting the 10 free points a night from the line to pad their stats. They were even calling the constant moving screens and a tiny fraction of the traveling and carrying violations. Players didn't like it though, stats were down, can't be having that.

adexkola

Supports
Balance is needed. The first month of last season might be the most competitive regular season basketball I have ever seen. They were allowing much more physicality, the stars weren't getting the 10 free points a night from the line to pad their stats. They were even calling the constant moving screens and a tiny fraction of the traveling and carrying violations. Players didn't like it though, stats were down, can't be having that.
I agree with you on this.