NBA 2022-2023

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He won't. You will have to trade your young bulls. And he won't wanna play with kids
He’s talking about the draft picks Houston own from the Nets
They’re imploding 18 months after they gave all those picks. I didn’t expect those picks to be worth anything decent until 2024 or 2025. This has all happened so quickly.

sport2793

If both of them switch to West, how big of a power shift that would be, seems right now is more or less balanced, at least looks to me, just injuries fecking things up.
I still rate the Bucks (best for me as they would have beaten Celtics with Middleton healthy), Celtics, and Heat highly, 76ers if they can find some good complimentary pieces.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They won't get a better deal than that as I explained in my earlier post.
But the contracts don't work, the Suns don't have the contract to make that deal unless I'm missing something. They need a third team but who?

sport2793

But the contracts don't work, the Suns don't have the contract to make that deal unless I'm missing something. They need a third team but who?
The Suns are one of the few teams that can make the salaries work, they have a ton of expiring contracts plus Ayton is about to get a big contract in a sign and trade. Ayton will be the piece to move to a 3rd team if needed due to some weird cap rules pertaining to RFAs and trades. Spurs would be the 3rd team most likely.

JPRouve

Scout
You think they will?
I have no idea but if I'm the Nets, I take the best possible offer and tell him to do one. He and his acolyte screwed them, they wanted to be in control and wanted Nash instead of a more seasoned coach, they created this situation where the Nets traded young talented players and the Nets are now on the verge of having absolutely nothing, not even draft picks.

sport2793

Durant has no say on where he goes, he has 4 years on his contract. If the Nets want to screw him, they can.
I don't think you appreciate how powerful players are in the NBA. If the Nets screwed KD over, they can kiss goodbye to getting another superstar via FA in the next millenium.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't think you appreciate how powerful players are in the NBA. If the Nets screwed KD over, they can kiss goodbye to getting another superstar via FA in the next millenium.
I appreciate how it is, they got screwed by three superstars in about 6 months. They need to change that because at the minute they are getting nothing out of it and losing on literally every transaction that involves these clowns. The prospect of maybe having a superstar via FA is a pipe dream, who is going to them via FA now that they have nothing?

sport2793

I appreciate how it is, they got screwed by three superstars in about 6 months. They need to change that because at the minute they are getting nothing out of it and losing on literally every transaction that involves these clowns. The prospect of maybe having a superstar via FA is a pipe dream, who is going to them via FA now that they have nothing?
An FA may not go there this year but BKN remains a team in New York City and will be enticing to stars in the future who want to create their own team. I don't like listing random player names as in general I don't like players leaving the teams that drafted them, but Donovan Mitchell is someone that has come up in recent times for example that may be open to a move in a few years. It's a cycle and unfortunately with someone as unreliable as Kyrie, it came to this.

They still have Ben Simmons (just saying).

RORY65

Phoenix would have one of the best offers for sure, especially because they can actually offer good players if Brooklyn want to remain (as trading for Royce O'Neale would indicate), but it's amusing that part of the reason he went to Brooklyn seemed to be to prove that he could win it all outside of a team that had already done it and now his 2 reported preferences are the top seeds from both conferences.

JPRouve

Scout
An FA may not go there this year but BKN remains a team in New York City and will be enticing to stars in the future who want to create their own team. I don't like listing random player names as in general I don't like players leaving the teams that drafted them, but Donovan Mitchell is someone that has come up in recent times for example that may be open to a move in a few years. It's a cycle and unfortunately with someone as unreliable as Kyrie, it came to this.
We hear that every years for the Knicks.:angel:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I have no idea but if I'm the Nets, I take the best possible offer and tell him to do one. He and his acolyte screwed them, they wanted to be in control and wanted Nash instead of a more seasoned coach, they created this situation where the Nets traded young talented players and the Nets are now on the verge of having absolutely nothing, not even draft picks.
Of course that's what you'd do, it's what most of us would do. But player power is huge. Does it ever really happen? Players requesting trade and being forced to go somewhere they didn't really want to go?

sport2793

We hear that every years for the Knicks.:angel:
The problem with the Knicks is that the owner is really toxic and the front office has been somewhat incompetent (especially in the past), but they still get linked all the time. With BKN, you have better ownership and front office.

sport2793

Phoenix would have one of the best offers for sure, especially because they can actually offer good players if Brooklyn want to remain (as trading for Royce O'Neale would indicate), but it's amusing that part of the reason he went to Brooklyn seemed to be to prove that he could win it all outside of a team that had already done it and now his 2 reported preferences are the top seeds from both conferences.
The difference is that the Suns have never won a title and so if KD is the one that pushes Phoenix over the top (where players like Charles Barkley and Steve Nash couldn't) then it would cement his legacy. Then add Book, Monty, and James Jones as GM and it makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

JPRouve

Scout
Of course that's what you'd do, it's what most of us would do. But player power is huge. Does it ever really happen? Players requesting trade and being forced to go somewhere they didn't really want to go?
I don't know but in this case it's the lack of respect, it's one thing to have power and it's an other to be disrespectful about it. The Nets should do what serves their own interest and nothing else.

Bubz27

I don't know but in this case it's the lack of respect, it's one thing to have power and it's an other to be disrespectful about it. The Nets should do what serves their own interest and nothing else.
We all know what they should do. But we all know the most likely scenario.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
:lol: Enjoying giving in to the whims of children in men form, Brooklyn? Kyrie will run his own practices next year, might as well fire Nash and name Kyrie as manager.

R'hllor

There is no issue with player power, specially when pinning vs owners and specially vs certain type among them but these 2 clowns making circus that might have impact on all players in the future.

Bubz27

And that's my only point, I'm not predicting what they will do.
You said Durant has no say on where he goes, and we both know that's not usually true in these scenarios. Obviously there are outliers, but it's definitely not the case the vast majority of the time.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I wonder what the market is going to be for Kyrie next year when his latest achievement is driving Durant out of Brooklyn.

R'hllor

Funny thing is, there are some rumors that both of them expressed desire to play together just not in Nets, lul

JPRouve

Scout
You said Durant has no say on where he goes, and we both know that's not usually true in these scenarios. Obviously there are outliers, but it's definitely not the case the vast majority of the time.
Which wasn't a prediction. I don't really know where you are going with that.

ZDwyr

Listing the two #1 seeds as his preferred destinations is on-brand for Kevin.

RORY65

The difference is that the Suns have never won a title and so if KD is the one that pushes Phoenix over the top (where players like Charles Barkley and Steve Nash couldn't) then it would cement his legacy. Then add Book, Monty, and James Jones as GM and it makes a lot of sense when you think about it.
It makes a lot of sense to make it happen but joining a 64 win team is hardly taking a hard route. I saw Minnesota mentioned in here and I don't think they could make the offer Phoenix could (unless Towns or Edwards were included and that wouldn't make sense) but winning there would vindicate Durant more if that's what he wants albeit I think his historic greatness is beyond doubt regardless.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I really don’t know why any team would want to have anything to do with Kyrie. KD is an awesome player who actually plays when he’s healthy. Kyrie is a great player that you can’t rely on, ever.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I would take Gallo at Celtics (at last!) if the MLE suits him… we basically need better shooting from the bench and he is at the right stage of his pretty decent career to offer just that.

JPRouve

Scout
I really don’t know why any team would want to have anything to do with Kyrie. KD is an awesome player who actually plays when he’s healthy. Kyrie is a great player that you can’t rely on, ever.
Honestly, I don't understand it for both. Kyrie because he is Kyrie and for KD because you are likely to gut your team for him. I didn't think that the Nets were doing the right thing for themselves and kind of worry for the Suns.