NBA 2022-2023

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I wonder what the market is going to be for Kyrie next year when his latest achievement is driving Durant out of Brooklyn.
You'd have to crazy to pay more than $20m, could see him having to accept $5m just to make a squad and prove he can be a teammate instead of an egomaniac.

sport2793

That puts to bed any talk that Book would be included in a trade for KD :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Anfernee got $100million. Wow. He has to be a starter now.

Sarni

Three years guaranteed for PJ Tucker? Really?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Which wasn't a prediction. I don't really know where you are going with that.
Why are you talking about predictions?

It's quite easy to follow. You said Durant will have no say in where he goes and I say that isn't true. It's quite simple.

No one's going anywhere with anything, nothing's being implied.

Bubz27

Plus all parties seemed to know it was just for one year.
One of them strange ones where basically everyone was happy in the end. Kawhi didn't want to be there but enhanced his reputation by winning there.

Bubz27

Of course, just wanted to find a good example is all. KD is more outspoken than Kawhi anyway, I don't see him going to a team he wouldn't wanna play for
Oh absolutely. I think it's disingenuous to think KD won't have a say where he goes. Just to note, I know that's not what you think.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I understand that KD doesn’t really care about what people think but he really doesn’t help himself does he

SinNombre

Of all the KD rumours, the Suns one makes the most sense.

With Ayton and one of Bridges/Cam Johnson and future 1st's, Nets probably will be enticed if Kyrie forces his way out and KD follows. KD can also win with the Suns.
KD wanting to move to the Suns is the most predictable and on-brand

R'hllor

DeAndre new backup center for Denver, how, why, what, its actually sad that there are some C players out there not able to sniff to NBA and bet they are better than this one, teams keep picking him for some fecked up reason.

Sarni

Seems Portland landed GPII
He addresses the needs, being one of the best defenders in the league, but not really the position as we don't need more guards. We already have Dame, Hart, Simons, have just drafted Sharpe... I guess one of them will switch over to play the 3 (Hart can do that quite comfortably, and Sharpe should be good there too... maybe even Payton?).

Sarni

DeAndre new backup center for Denver, how, why, what, its actually sad that there are some C players out there not able to sniff to NBA and bet they are better than this one, teams keep picking him for some fecked up reason.
I don't get how he still gets NBA contracts. He offers literally nothing on offense or defense. You'd be better off with some G-League talent in their mid 20s, there's plenty of them who can do a perfectly fine job at center.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The moves made by the Nuggets have been underwhelming to say the least

Stacks

I understand that KD doesn’t really care about what people think but he really doesn’t help himself does he
he had little choice as Kyrie looks to be leaving. Its mostly Kyrie that messed things up along with the nets management and a lil bit of KD and Harden. I would say its
50% Kyrie, 20% nets management, 15% Harden, 15% KD fault

R'hllor

The moves made by the Nuggets have been underwhelming to say the least
Kroenkes, what else to expect, month ago jr. fecker came out and said " championship or bust ", nice one lul, not to mention whole TV coverage fiasco for 3 years now, feeling sorry for real Denver fans, guess those more in NHL and NFL are in better place. Also, Booth is a rookie non GM or w/e his current title is.

If all healthy their starting 5 aint that bad, bench on other hand, holy shit haha

R'hllor

I don't get how he still gets NBA contracts. He offers literally nothing on offense or defense. You'd be better off with some G-League talent in their mid 20s, there's plenty of them who can do a perfectly fine job at center.
Right now Booth guy making some weird moves, 30th pick for 3pts player but maybe he will develop into some defensive player one day (then again thats not a boom or bust move) and your backup center from Cousins to worst player in NBA bar none, its actually gob smacking move, imagine, that your guy that you lined for trade opening day haha

R'hllor

He addresses the needs, being one of the best defenders in the league, but not really the position as we don't need more guards. We already have Dame, Hart, Simons, have just drafted Sharpe... I guess one of them will switch over to play the 3 (Hart can do that quite comfortably, and Sharpe should be good there too... maybe even Payton?).
Think getting GPII is really good move, regardless of need, sure you shouldnt go full on one or other side (defense/offense) same goes with positions but think he played important role in GSW title run.

Sarni

Think getting GPII is really good move, regardless of need, sure you shouldnt go full on one or other side (defense/offense) same goes with positions but think he played important role in GSW title run.
Well I wonder how much of that was down to Warriors system making him look good, but I guess we are going to find out and he's really always been quite good on defense even back at Wizards. It's a good contract anyway, at $9m a year. The team is looking OK for next season, hope they don't make any dumb moves now. They only need another wing and a backup center which they can probably pick up at minimum deals anyway.

Sarni

Durant going to the Suns would definitely need to include Ayton and you need his sign off to do that as he's a free agent. Also, I'm not sure how Simmons and Ayton fit on the same floor though I probably don't expect Simmons to play a game for Nets anyway (if he ever returns to the NBA it will probably be for another team after he's traded). Why Ayton would want to go to a team that is rebuilding with all their assets gone?

Miami looks like a more feasible destination but then again even with them you can't really see them having assets that entice Nets. Are 2025, 2027 and 2029 picks really that valuable in 2022? Herro and Robinson are OK players but not ones that you'd want to get back for Kevin Durant.

KD would probably have just a handful of other teams he'd feel OK going to... Clippers and Bucks for sure, maybe Lakers, Mavs. None of them have even the assets that Suns and Heat have. He needs a team where winning will be much easier for him than it would be at Nets and there aren't many teams in that position who could have the assets to get it done.

Nets will have to sell him for 50 cents on the dollar I reckon... he still has 4 years left on his new contract so is extremely valuable but you can't keep a character like him around when he doesn't want to be there.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Seems Portland landed GPII
I love a defensive stopper, and Simons and Lillard are not strong defenders, he will close out a lot of games. Seems like a great price, rare good news for the Blazers.

ZDwyr

Durant going to the Suns would definitely need to include Ayton and you need his sign off to do that as he's a free agent. Also, I'm not sure how Simmons and Ayton fit on the same floor though I probably don't expect Simmons to play a game for Nets anyway (if he ever returns to the NBA it will probably be for another team after he's traded). Why Ayton would want to go to a team that is rebuilding with all their assets gone?

Miami looks like a more feasible destination but then again even with them you can't really see them having assets that entice Nets. Are 2025, 2027 and 2029 picks really that valuable in 2022? Herro and Robinson are OK players but not ones that you'd want to get back for Kevin Durant.

KD would probably have just a handful of other teams he'd feel OK going to... Clippers and Bucks for sure, maybe Lakers, Mavs. None of them have even the assets that Suns and Heat have. He needs a team where winning will be much easier for him than it would be at Nets and there aren't many teams in that position who could have the assets to get it done.

Nets will have to sell him for 50 cents on the dollar I reckon... he still has 4 years left on his new contract so is extremely valuable but you can't keep a character like him around when he doesn't want to be there.
What about a Paul George for KD trade? Plus another one or two pieces from the Clippers. I think both teams would be open to it.

Sarni

What about a Paul George for KD trade? Plus another one or two pieces from the Clippers. I think both teams would be open to it.
Clippers will not let PG13 go though. He's a California guy, has been fundamental piece for them, Ballmer loves him. The best offer they could make would be Marcus Morris, some picks, some young average guys.

Sarni

Wiggins, Kuminga, Moody + picks?
Wiseman too. Not sure Draymond will approve this :lol: but KD would definitely want that, they'd basically be runaway champions again so it's a perfect scenario for him.

Blazers could match that offer though, especially if we include Simons as part of S&T. Simons, Sharpe, Little, Hart and picks is among the best offers Nets could get. Not sure Durant will want that though, doesn't seem like an easy place to win the chip. I don't even think Blazers would be immediate favorites if he joined and he 100% won't want to go to a team that aren't firm favorites for the chip after he joins them. Both Suns and Heat would immediately be that if they don't trade Booker, Butler or Adebayo in that deal.

Sarni

Going to the Celtics would be kinda on brand for him too, wouldn't it? :lol:
Not really. Lots of pressure playing in Boston and they'd likely have to trade Jaylen Brown to get it done.

ZDwyr

Clippers will not let PG13 go though. He's a California guy, has been fundamental piece for them, Ballmer loves him. The best offer they could make would be Marcus Morris, some picks, some young average guys.
You're probably right. But I do wonder if they think KD+Kawhi is the better championship option.

RORY65

Wiggins, Kuminga, Moody + picks?
When the story broke last night I did wonder if Draymond was pushing for something with his weird comments the other day with JJ Redick, almost buttering Durant up, because the comments were nonsensical but at least that would be some form of explanation. That being said I don't think Durant or the Warriors as an organisation would want to do that again.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not really. Lots of pressure playing in Boston and they'd likely have to trade Jaylen Brown to get it done.
I meant going to the team that just eliminated his team obviously.

Sarni

When the story broke last night I did wonder if Draymond was pushing for something with his weird comments the other day with JJ Redick, almost buttering Durant up, because the comments were nonsensical but at least that would be some form of explanation. That being said I don't think Durant or the Warriors as an organisation would want to do that again.
I think Warriors will definitely be courting the situation. Their offer would be quite good. You could probably add Jordan Poole to that as well, they got a lot of young good talent.

The issue with the Nets is that you have almost no incentive to tank immediately and go extremely young as they basically don't control their picks for the next 5 years:

2023 swap to Houston (though Houston will be brutal too so both picks will be OK)
2024 to Houston unprotected
2025 swap with Houston (Houston may be OK by that point) unprotected
2026 to Houston unprotected
2027 swap to Houston unprotected

They won't be able to start building anything for the next 4-5 seasons so their best bet is really getting someone who may be able to play well already....

Things would have been easier if Simmons was actually able to play. Then you could maybe gather up some young talent, try building the team around him and be quite OK in the immediate future.

Sarni

The Nets should just send him to the highest bidder though. Any team will know it's a risk to trade for him as you know he will want out if things don't go his way, though he's not nearly as much of an issue as Kyrie who will actively destroy your organization day after day, week after week.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

$$$