NBA 2022-2023

RORY65

I think Warriors will definitely be courting the situation. Their offer would be quite good. You could probably add Jordan Poole to that as well, they got a lot of young good talent.

The issue with the Nets is that you have almost no incentive to tank immediately and go extremely young as they basically don't control their picks for the next 5 years:

2023 swap to Houston (though Houston will be brutal too so both picks will be OK)
2024 to Houston unprotected
2025 swap with Houston (Houston may be OK by that point) unprotected
2026 to Houston unprotected
2027 swap to Houston unprotected

They won't be able to start building anything for the next 4-5 seasons so their best bet is really getting someone who may be able to play well already....

Things would have been easier if Simmons was actually able to play. Then you could maybe gather up some young talent, try building the team around him and be quite OK in the immediate future.
Absolutely which is why I actually think Phoenix is one of the easier deals to get done of the realistic candidates. Simmons if he plays, Ayton and Bridges/Cam Johnson isn't the core of a title winning team but it's a solid enough team with players who are still young and presumably they'd also get picks that could be used later (not the most valuable picks but still more than they have now). His other preferred destination in Miami is difficult because Brooklyn can't take Adebayo so would need a third team involved if he was included and Miami's other assets are not that good apart from maybe Herro.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Absolutely which is why I actually think Phoenix is one of the easier deals to get done of the realistic candidates. Simmons if he plays, Ayton and Bridges/Cam Johnson isn't the core of a title winning team but it's a solid enough team with players who are still young and presumably they'd also get picks that could be used later (not the most valuable picks but still more than they have now). His other preferred destination in Miami is difficult because Brooklyn can't take Adebayo so would need a third team involved if he was included and Miami's other assets are not that good apart from maybe Herro.
Yeah I also realized recently that they can’t take Adebayo without letting Simmons go as they are both on designated player extensions. Weird stuff.

SinNombre

Wojnarowski says that part of Durants decison to request a trade was GSW winning a championship.

Classic KD

Charlie Foley

I understand that KD doesn’t really care about what people think but he really doesn’t help himself does he
I think he cares. A lot actually. I think he just won’t adjust his behaviour to be more liked/factor in the dislike of others in what he does, and he’s not organically as likeable as someone like Steph, which is fine by itself, he just then gets upset people don’t love him.

So he seems stuck in this thing of “why is everyone so mad at Me” while doing things that won’t endear him to anyone.

Charlie Foley

GP2 :(:(:(

Happy for the guy but really going to miss him. Delighted he and JTA got a championship with us. Two of the most likeable guys out there

Charlie Foley

I saw Booker’s deal on Instagram and misread it as 24M(I guess I thought per year) for 4 years and thought feck Suns got a good deal there :lol:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State

Happy for the guy but really going to miss him. Delighted he and JTA got a championship with us. Two of the most likeable guys out there
Sad to see JTA leave, but absolutely gutted that GP2 is not coming back.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München

Biggest surprise of this year's FA so far for me, I thought he was a Dubs lifer.

R'hllor

"

Not bad deal i guess vs their need, also seems everyone jumping off that ship

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think Warriors will definitely be courting the situation. Their offer would be quite good. You could probably add Jordan Poole to that as well, they got a lot of young good talent.

The issue with the Nets is that you have almost no incentive to tank immediately and go extremely young as they basically don't control their picks for the next 5 years:

2023 swap to Houston (though Houston will be brutal too so both picks will be OK)
2024 to Houston unprotected
2025 swap with Houston (Houston may be OK by that point) unprotected
2026 to Houston unprotected
2027 swap to Houston unprotected

They won't be able to start building anything for the next 4-5 seasons so their best bet is really getting someone who may be able to play well already....

Things would have been easier if Simmons was actually able to play. Then you could maybe gather up some young talent, try building the team around him and be quite OK in the immediate future.
I don't know how all the financials would fit, and if Toronto have enough to make trading for KD work, but I could be convinced to give some (if not all) of the pick swaps back to the Nets in a 3 way trade if it resulted in Scottie Barnes coming to Houston.

R'hllor

Good change, guess they see 1 FT as more balanced but wouldnt be surprised to move to 2 at some point to eradicate it completely.

Sarni

Brogdon to Celtics for Theis, Nesmith and 2023 pick. Not sure he’s what they needed but there we go.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
"

Not bad deal i guess vs their need, also seems everyone jumping off that ship
They're already capped out from Kyrie, KD and Simmons. If any other player wants to get paid, they'll need to leave because they're not getting paid there.

Charlie Foley

OPJ to Raptors. Looks like the Warriors young guys are really getting some playing time this season.

R'hllor

They're already capped out from Kyrie, KD and Simmons. If any other player wants to get paid, they'll need to leave because they're not getting paid there.
Oh i see, thanks

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I like Brogdon but I wouldn't trust him to stay fit.
Gallinari and Brogdon are net addition to the bench… the weakest links in the rotation now seem Horford (possibly going later in the season) and White (hopefully coming better after his introductory yet utmost experience). I have to say that coach Stevens was smart but GM Stevens is outstanding.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Brogdon to Celtics for Theis, Nesmith and 2023 pick. Not sure he’s what they needed but there we go.
So they basically gave him away for nothing. I guess they like Halliburton for the future. Not that the Pacers are likely to be relevant in the next 10 years.

R'hllor

Tim Connelly is going wild, he is like released animal out of cage after all those years at Denver.

R'hllor

Wait 4 1st rounders plus this year 1st rounder plus those players?

Edit: Funny thing, Pat Bev from jumping on the table to being traded to Utah in space of few months

Last edited:

ZDwyr

An overpay by Minnesota IMO. 3 unprotected first round picks is a lot for Gobert.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
OPJ to Raptors. Looks like the Warriors young guys are really getting some playing time this season.
Not a good start to free agency for the Dubs. Two of the three players I wanted to see back are both gone.

However, LOON is back.

Kevon Looney signed a three year deal worth about 8.5m per year. So some good news at last.

Sarni

An overpay by Minnesota IMO. 3 unprotected first round picks is a lot for Gobert.
Minnesota have basically been decent for 1.5 years and will now try to do something they haven’t really properly tested i.e. play Towns at power forward with a traditional center next to him. It may work, it may not work, they are not at the level where I would feel comfortable giving up this much for Gobert for sure.

It is essentially five first round picks including top 5 protected in 2029 (which is ages away) and Kessler from this years draft. Beasley and Vanderbilt also have some value, and even Beverley is probably worth a second round pick.

SinNombre

-GP2 -OPJ
+Donte
+1 year of development for Kuminga, Moody. And maybe Wiseman makes a return. (+3 rooks).

Assuming even one of Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman make a sizeable step-up like Poole, and Poole continues improving on defense, Warriors should be contenders if healthy.

AussieDevil

The Wolves will be a really good regular season team but they still need a floor general and overall upgrade on D'lo.

Sarni

The Wolves will be a really good regular season team but they still need a floor general and overall upgrade on D'lo.
They won’t really have a way to trade for one as the nearest pick they are going to be able to trade will be at least… 2032, due to protections on the 2029 pick (don’t know the exact details yet but since it’s top 5 protected we can probably assume it at least defers to 2030 if not conveyed, in which case they won’t be able to trade 2031 pick).

They were supposed to have max cap space in 2023 free agency but even that is now out the window with $41m of Gobert’s added to the books… basically making him and Towns cost $77m that year, and Edwards’ rookie scale hitting $13.5m. Well that still leaves about $40m but you need to pay 12 players with that so while you can probably give $30m to someone, it still won’t be the max.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's shameless. He reacts to media narratives questioning his legacy. So sensitive
He's sensitive, not shameless.

And who cares how he reacts to the media, he's well within his right to talk back at a bunch of overpaid bums who shit talks players and gets shocked when players actually react.

Got to respect KD for being honest and not a PR machine like LeBron.