NBA 2022-2023

AussieDevil

They won’t really have a way to trade for one as the nearest pick they are going to be able to trade will be at least… 2032, due to protections on the 2029 pick (don’t know the exact details yet but since it’s top 5 protected we can probably assume it at least defers to 2030 if not conveyed, in which case they won’t be able to trade 2031 pick).

They were supposed to have max cap space in 2023 free agency but even that is now out the window with $41m of Gobert’s added to the books… basically making him and Towns cost $77m that year, and Edwards’ rookie scale hitting $13.5m. Well that still leaves about $40m but you need to pay 12 players with that so while you can probably give $30m to someone, it still won’t be the max.
With Russell on a near max himself, and Edwards and McDaniels due for huge upgrades in 2 years time, something will have to give unless they want to have the most expensive roster ever.

Their best bet is Ant turns into primary ball handler.

AussieDevil

KD - Phoenix
Mitchell - Brooklyn
Ayton - Jazz

Make it happen. There will be a ton of picks exchanging hands as well.

KD gets to join a contender. Brooklyn get their young star and whatever other picks are thrown in to them. Jazz would get a young big man that has shown a heap of upside plus 3 picks from Phoenix. Im a Suns fan so im obviously being delusional and both teams would need a lot more.

Edit: Potential Trade

Suns:
- KD

Nets:
- Donovan Mitchell
- Cam Johnson
- Walker Kessler
- 2025 Phoenix first round pick
- 2026 pick swap with Phoenix
- 2027 Phoenix first round pick
- 2028 pick swap with Phoenix
- 2029 Phoenix first round pick
- 2024 & 2027 Phoenix second round picks

Jazz:
- Ben Simmons
- DeAndre Ayton
- 2023 Phoenix first round pick

Last edited:

ZDwyr

He's sensitive, not shameless.

And who cares how he reacts to the media, he's well within his right to talk back at a bunch of overpaid bums who shit talks players and gets shocked when players actually react.

Got to respect KD for being honest and not a PR machine like LeBron.
No need to defend him. He hasn't been traded to Phoenix yet :lol:

Stacks

And who cares how he reacts to the media, he's well within his right to talk back at a bunch of overpaid bums who shit talks players and gets shocked when players actually react.

I was more referencing him bailing on the Nets in response to the media narratives and Warriors win. I like it when he claps back on Twitter. I have tried to goad him into firing shots at me a couple of times but he must of ignored my tweets

R'hllor

He is both, specially after stint he pulled with his buddy at Nets (spec. if GSW had any influence on it), not talking only about requesting trade, whole thing in general. Silent " i only want to hoop " thing is so fake on top of everything else, talk about being honest, luckely Kyrie will eat all the blame.

sport2793

Na, KD comes across as extremely petty and insecure at times, I don't see him as some sort of standard to follow and a modicum of loyalty would probably garner him much more support. He's a great basketball player, there's no denying that.

mav_9me

I didn't understand why Durant waited those long to request a trade. They were saying something to do with Kyrie deciding on opting in or not? Does this mean that Kyrie opting in made Durant decide to leave?

AussieDevil

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Might sound strange but I feel that NBA is becoming more & more obsessed with making huge moves to win the title. I know that it’s obviously the whole idea of the sport but seems like no one is happy enough with having a good team and everyone wants a great team now even though it might mean that they might be completely trash if it doesn’t work. Not sure what to make of this current state but it’s a bit boring for me personally

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Mind sound strange but I feel that NBA is becoming more & more obsessed with making huge moves to win the title. I know that it’s obviously the whole idea of the sport but seems like no one is happy enough with having a good team and everyone wants a great team now even though it might mean that they might be completely trash if it doesn’t work. Not sure what to make of this current state but it’s a bit boring for me personally
It's been like this all the while, it's why the Warriors winning was refreshing because it's basically a team with its own drafted players being the main players.

elmo

KD - Phoenix
Mitchell - Brooklyn
Ayton - Jazz

Make it happen. There will be a ton of picks exchanging hands as well.

KD gets to join a contender. Brooklyn get their young star and whatever other picks are thrown in to them. Jazz would get a young big man that has shown a heap of upside plus 3 picks from Phoenix. Im a Suns fan so im obviously being delusional and both teams would need a lot more.

Edit: Potential Trade

Suns:
- KD

Nets:
- Donovan Mitchell
- Cam Johnson
- Walker Kessler
- 2025 Phoenix first round pick
- 2026 pick swap with Phoenix
- 2027 Phoenix first round pick
- 2028 pick swap with Phoenix
- 2029 Phoenix first round pick
- 2024 & 2027 Phoenix second round picks

Jazz:
- Ben Simmons
- DeAndre Ayton
- 2023 Phoenix first round pick
We'll have to add in Mikal if we want KD. I don't think it's worth going all in when there'll still be a big gap in the team because of how bad our defense will be without Mikal and Ayton.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Kyrie to Lakers almost has to happen at this point. I expect it will take Westbrook’s salary dump and two unprotected picks in 2027 and 2029 to get it done which to be fair will be an okay deal for Brooklyn considering Kyrie’s status and the fact that Lakers will probably have nobody good in those years. 5 years seems like a lot of time but realistically Nets will have to rebuild with exactly that timespan in mind anyway.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Kyrie to Lakers almost has to happen at this point. I expect it will take Westbrook’s salary dump and two unprotected picks in 2027 and 2029 to get it done which to be fair will be an okay deal for Brooklyn considering Kyrie’s status and the fact that Lakers will probably have nobody good in those years. 5 years seems like a lot of time but realistically Nets will have to rebuild with exactly that timespan in mind anyway.
The irony in getting so many clutch players while being unable to qualify for the bloody play-in. :wenger:

R'hllor

Saw somewhere that Mavs and 76ers are interested too, dunno how interested in those Kyrie would be, guess both Mavs and 76ers have better options than Lakers.

Sarni

Saw somewhere that Mavs and 76ers are interested too, dunno how interested in those Kyrie would be, guess both Mavs and 76ers have better options than Lakers.
Not sure they do. Unless Sixers are sending Maxey, which would be ridiculous, they won’t really offer any players that fit Nets new timeline and the contracts for matching salaries would likely run longer than a year. When it comes to picks you’d need to wait quite a bit until they convey too and I’m not sure you want Mavs or Sixers 2025 picks when they still have Doncic/Embiid in their prime. I think it is underestimated how valuable those Lakers picks are. For a team that does not care about immediate future they should be near top of the list.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I hate the idea of having Kyrie on my team, but still: It fills me with envy that the Lakers FO can feck up again and again, in the end they'll get all-star talent anyway. If they manage to unload Westbrook for Kyrie and possibly Joe Harris on top...

Sarni

I hate the idea of having Kyrie on my team, but still: It fills me with envy that the Lakers FO can feck up again and again, in the end they'll get all-star talent anyway. If they manage to unload Westbrook for Kyrie and possibly Joe Harris on top...
Yeah, on the other hand they are almost certain to implode big time. That's why I expect those 2027 and 2029 picks to be amazing. LeBron will be gone, AD will probably play like 15 minutes a game and Kyrie will probably be on Mars.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Aaah yes, Kobe Bryant, famous for his "team first" attitude. His "just get the rebound" philosophy made him the Anti-Westbrook.
The "team over self" comment is obviously conflicting with him getting huge contracts as well, but just like MJ he was a leader by example, and he definitely loved the franchise. No coincidence that Lakers legends like Magic, West and Shaq have said that he's the greatest Laker ever, as well as team ownership.

It's just the timing of the tweet that's a bit "off", I wonder if there's something big going on behind the scenes. Or it could just be about LeBron/Kyrie/Westbrook things.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Thomas Bryant to the Lakers, I like how the roster is being compiled this year, Bryant adds much needed spacing, always liked his game and was surprised we let him go initially, was then subsequently really putting it all together on offense before his knee injury couple years back.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

That's weird - can't say I've followed much surrounding anything Wizards, but does he have a close relationship with the community? Or is he simply afraid that they will become bored with his huge contract and trade him off to someplace worse?

Sarni

That's weird - can't say I've followed much surrounding anything Wizards, but does he have a close relationship with the community? Or is he simply afraid that they will become bored with his huge contract and trade him off to someplace worse?
I really thought Sheppard was going to be more rational with this contract but it immediately looks like the worst contract in the league by a mile and possibly the worst contract in the history of NBA. I don’t think any player was ever able to negotiate this much and Beal isn’t even that good.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It means that he totally controls where he goes which is rare(unique?) and will likely be used as a model for future extensions.

elmo

He just wants to be paid, they've no interest in building a winning team and free agents don't want to play for them.

He hit the jackpot.

elmo

It means that he totally controls where he goes which is rare(unique?) and will likely be used as a model for future extensions.
It's useless. Top players only leave their teams when they want to be traded and front offices always try to comply to avoid getting a reputation for being a hard ass which will deter free agents.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It's useless. Top players only leave their teams when they want to be traded and front offices always try to comply to avoid getting a reputation for being a hard ass which will deter free agents.
Top players do, but Bradley Beal won't be anywhere near the best players in the league aged 32-33 or something. It's not hard to imagine the Wizards would want to ship him by then.

The clauses also came in handy for Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson in the NFL this offseason.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Top players leave when their team are willing to let them leave and where their teams can get the best package. Now it's true that often teams also try to find a destination that the player won't be too much against. In this case it's totally different, not only Beal is more of second or third option in a good team but he has the ability to unilaterally reject any deal, he is in total control, only his needs matter.

Sarni

Top players leave when their team are willing to let them leave and where their teams can get the best package. Now it's true that often teams also try to find a destination that the player won't be too much against. In this case it's totally different, not only Beal is more of second or third option in a good team but he has the ability to unilaterally reject any deal, he is in total control, only his needs matter.
And the 15% trade kicker makes it even less likely for him to ever be traded because he will be owed that. I thought maybe this silly contract would work better for Washington than just letting him walk because they could trade him down the line to get some assets but they can’t anymore.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Just saw a story that Kelly Oubre is being linked again to the Warriors.

God no!

Please God no!

Oubre could have the lowest basketball IQ of any player I've seen in my almost 40 years of watching basketball. He was awful on the Dubs and he's expensive.

Don't come back!

elmo

Just saw a story that Kelly Oubre is being linked again to the Warriors.

God no!

Please God no!

Oubre could have the lowest basketball IQ of any player I've seen in my almost 40 years of watching basketball. He was awful on the Dubs and he's expensive.

Don't come back!
That's marquis chrisse

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
New version of 2k23 on PS5 comes.with 12 month League pass subscription so you get Game+League pass for £129.99 which is an absolute steal.