NBA 2023-2024

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Unfortunately the competence level of the officials in some of these games would make Premier League refs blush.
Well if you haven’t experienced the tournament you should watch it. Regardless of officiating it is mayhem at it’s best. The games are always close and upsets are the norm.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Unfortunately the competence level of the officials in some of these games would make Premier League refs blush.
It’s wild. I don’t know how they fall for some of the most obvious blatant foul-baiting. When players throw their hands up in the air as if they’ve been rugby tackled….then the replay shows they’ve initiated the contact. Same players every week as well, do the refs not actually watch the game?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It was rumoured around the trade deadline but I guess Shams counts as official confirmation. Not sure who’s crazier here, Rockets for offering Jalen Green plus multiple firsts for Bridges or the Nets for turning it down.

massi83

Is that fecking godzilla add pushing through 5 times per game on everyone else's nba app also?

Also, Mazzulla isn't an idiot this season anymore, seems competent even. Well, potentially losing 30 point lead isn't the best time for that comment, I suppose, but more on the players this time.

Last edited:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Indeed.

Been watching a lot of Big East basketball. A travesty they only allowed 3 teams in, all who made the sweet 16. Meanwhile, the SEC...
I fell for that trap in one of my brackets by picking SEC teams. Too bad at least St Johns didn’t make it with Pitino. I went to the Garden to see them this year and they were impressive.

Real Name

Clippers having a real free fall now. I havent watched a lot of their games so I'm not sure whats happening, some are saying its about PJ Tucker being reintroduced all of a sudden and Harden not playing defense or something else but another blowout, this time to Pacers and they lost their home court advantage to rising Pelicans. Unless they get their act together they'll fall further down the line cause teams below are all on the rise and in form. Looking at their schedule and how they look in general its looking likely it will happen that way.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Draymond ejected again. A bit soft to be honest. It's rare you see someone kicked out this early in a game when it doesn't involve a bad foul.

Nevertheless, based on past history, he could be gone for a while.

Last edited:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Draymond ejected again. A bit soft to be honest. It's rare you see someone kicked out this early in a game when it doesn't involve a bad foul.

Nevertheless, based on past history, he could be gone for a while.
Likely in part a make-up call given he got away with a pretty bad foul on Patty Mills yesterday

EDIT: whoops, never mind, he called the ref a "pussy ass N-word" as he walked away, so much for that being a soft call. Maybe he needs another stint in therapy to sort himself out...?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Likely in part a make-up call given he got away with a pretty bad foul on Patty Mills yesterday

EDIT: whoops, never mind, he called the ref a "pussy ass N-word" as he walked away, so much for that being a soft call. Maybe he needs another stint in therapy to sort himself out...?
Refs get called all sorts of things. They usually let it go in one ear and out the other, otherwise pretty much every game would be played short handed.

On the other side of the coin, it was a really stupid thing to do. He should have known better. It's always risky, especially with his track record.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Refs get called all sorts of things. They usually let it go in one ear and out the other, otherwise pretty much every game would be played short handed.

On the other side of the coin, it was a really stupid thing to do this early in the game. He should have known better.
Sure refs get called all sorts of things - but there's a level of plausible deniability involved where it doesn't entail calling them unacceptable slurs to their face.

Draymond's treatment of refs has been way out of line for years now, so more power to them if they start cracking down on it on a regular basis. It's absolutely undeniable that he's given way more leeway by referees than just about any other player in the league.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Sure refs get called all sorts of things - but there's a level of plausible deniability involved where it doesn't entail calling them unacceptable slurs to their face.

Draymond's treatment of refs has been way out of line for years now, so more power to them if they start cracking down on it on a regular basis. It's absolutely undeniable that he's given way more leeway by referees than just about any other player in the league.
It has, and I think he is reaping what he sowed. Probably right, but I was still a little surprised that it happened.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Just ban Draymond at this point. He’s making a mockery of the league with his antics.
I think Green has done some stupid stuff in his career and deserved the suspension he got earlier in the season. You don't hit people, you don't choke people. However, calling for a ban for what he did tonight is a bit over the top. He swore at the referee, not good, but ban worthy, I don't think so. If you banned every player that mouthed off at a referee, you wouldn't have enough players to form a league.

Good win tonight, by the way. Especially, on a back to back.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I think Green has done some stupid stuff in his career and deserved the suspension he got earlier in the season. You don't hit people, you don't choke people. However, calling for a ban for what he did tonight is a bit over the top. He swore at the referee, not good, but ban worthy, I don't think so. If you banned every player that mouthed off at a referee, you wouldn't have enough players to form a league.

Good win tonight, by the way. Especially, on a back to back.
Thing is, it’s always something new with Green. Look at Steph’s reaction, even he’s sick of it.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Thing is, it’s always something new with Green. Look at Steph’s reaction, even he’s sick of it.
He's definitely a bit of a dick and IF they ban him for this, it's his own fault. However, IMLTHO this in and of itself, doesn't deserve any sort of ban.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wonder if Connelly sees the Wolves performances without Kat as a positive or a negative. The coaching staff adjusted gameplans and rotations which nearly totally compensated for his loss. One may see that as a very good thing but it opens more questions about his contract, the opportunity to trade him and focus more on depth. Now that option is very risky because any injury or big loss of form from Antman becomes nearly fatal if a trade of KAT doesn't bring a capable second option.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Game of the season in Oklahoma? That was an incredible game.

Man this Jalen Green explosion has been crazy. We've been beating up on mostly tanking teams during this run. Going into OKC's house and beating them after going blow for blow with them feels like a big statement win. I don't know yet if this Green leap is legit, I need to see more, but if it is, it alters the trajectory of this team completely.

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The Warriors are making a joke of themselves by keeping Green.

JPRouve

Scout
Game of the season in Oklahoma? That was an incredible game.

Man this Jalen Green explosion has been crazy. We've been beating up on mostly tanking teams during this run. Going into OKC's house and beating them after going blow for blow with them feels like a big statement win. I don't know yet if this Green leap is legit yet, I need to see more, but if it is, it alters the trajectory of this team completely.
I have barely watched your team, what are your current needs?

On a side note I love the fact that in the west the younger cores are all seemingly elevating their games and fulfilling their potentials.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have barely watched your team, what are your current needs?

On a side note I love the fact that in the west the younger cores are all seemingly elevating their games and fulfilling their potentials.
A month ago I would have said we need more production from the SG and a backup big because we were getting almost nothing offensively from Green and our offence would always stagnate whenever Sengun has to rest. Since then Green has exploded and we've signed Steven Adams for next season and Landale has started to show some of his Phoenix playoff form. So I honestly don't know if we have any standout needs right now, maybe a good perimeter shooter?

We have potentially 4 big pieces to come back into the team next season in Sengun, Whitmore, Eason and Adams plus we own Nets' pick, which is looking like a nice top 10 pick this year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The Warriors are making a joke of themselves by keeping Green.
I feel like it depends on what Steph wants, no? I don't think they would get rid of him, even if they wanted to, if Steph wants Draymond around.

JPRouve

Scout
A month ago I would have said we need more production from the SG and a backup big because we were getting almost nothing offensively from Green and our offence would always stagnate whenever Sengun has to rest. Since then Green has exploded and we've signed Steven Adams for next season and Landale has started to show some of his Phoenix playoff form. So I honestly don't know if we have any standout needs right now, maybe a good perimeter shooter?

We have potentially 4 big pieces to come back into the team next season in Sengun, Whitmore, Eason and Adams plus we own Nets' pick, which is looking like a nice top 10 pick this year.
That's interesting. You have a young team, some draft/trade assets and a very good coach, that sounds pretty good.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I feel like it depends on what Steph wants, no? I don't think they would get rid of him, even if they wanted to, if Steph wants Draymond around.
Might be the case. Have a hard time assessing the degree of player power in the NBA.
But whoever is to blame for Green still being around, they are not helping the team with this.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Might be the case. Have a hard time assessing the degree of player power in the NBA.
But whoever is to blame for Green still being around, they are not helping the team with this.
From a purely basketball POV, they are definitely better with him than without him. However, as things stand right now, even with him they are not very good. In addition, the Dubs payroll is the highest in the NBA.

It is time. The Warriors need to bite the bullet and start a massive overhaul. They have some good young pieces, which is a start. Bob Myers saw this coming and didn't want to be the bad guy. That's why he got out when he did.

Things need to change.

RORY65

From a purely basketball POV, they are definitely better with him than without him. However, as things stand right now, even with him they are not very good. In addition, the Dubs payroll is the highest in the NBA.

It is time. The Warriors need to bite the bullet and start a massive overhaul. They have some good young pieces, which is a start. Bob Myers saw this coming and didn't want to be the bad guy. That's why he got out when he did.

Things need to change.
Are they going to do that when Curry is 36? He's still good enough to be the best player on a title winning team but I'm not sure he's going to want to be around for a rebuild that will take years (none of those young players the Warriors have are going to be that impactful anyway).

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Are they going to do that when Curry is 36? He's still good enough to be the best player on a title winning team but I'm not sure he's going to want to be around for a rebuild that will take years (none of those young players the Warriors have are going to be that impactful anyway).
Steph's in a Catch-22 situation. As they currently stand the Dubs are not good enough to win a title. In all honesty, not even close to being good enough to win a title. On the other side of the coin, he is kind of locked in. "Warrior for life" and all that.

It's a conundrum. Myers knew it was a conundrum. That's why he now works for ESPN.

It's a bit of a mess really.....

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The western conference is crazy. We are 37-35 and still sit 1 full game outside the 10th seed.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That's interesting. You have a young team, some draft/trade assets and a very good coach, that sounds pretty good.
Yeah, we’re in a very good spot. If this Jalen Green leap is legit, I’m lowkey dreaming about this team taking a OKC type jump next season.

You guys did us a solid the other night by beating the Warriors. Glad to have returned the favour last night :D

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Yeah, we’re in a very good spot. If this Jalen Green leap is legit, I’m lowkey dreaming about this team taking a OKC type jump next season.

You guys did us a solid the other night by beating the Warriors. Glad to have returned the favour last night :D
IMLTHO, it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world if the Rockets beat out the Dubs for the 10th seed. As things stand right now; if the Warriors lose in the play in, I can see the organization pointing to 2021 and thinking "we lost in the play in that year and then came back and won it all the following year, we might not be that far away." That isn't happening. Big changes need to be made. Missing the play in/playoffs entirely would hopefully give the organization the jolt that it needs to move forward and make those changes.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
What a day. Warriors win and UT make the elite 8 for the second time ever.

Woohoo!

Donut

Could Doncic still beat Jokic to MVP? Unlikely, but not completely impossible.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Doncic is going to tweet a highlight reel of Brunson the day he leaves the Mavs in what, 2 years, 3 years? To explain his decision to leave :lol: