Nemanja Matic| BBC says deal agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Stop that before you invite ridicule on yourself. Busquets would improve any team.
Well you're just inventing things now. When did I say he wouldn't improve a team?

The system masks his weaknesses and makes his abilities shine even more. Just like it did for Xavi Hernandez.

What I'm saying is that put him in a 2 man midfield without the well structured system and he would get run passed just as much as Carrick or Fellaini does.

Litch

I'm no expert on Matic but I think the reason Chelsea don't want him anymore is because he is a pure DM and it doesn't fit into their 343 formation. They need 2 mobile box-to-box midfielders. That is why they signed Bakayoko and not Fabinho. We need a player like Matic(a pure DM) so that we can free Pogba and let him play his natural game. The real question is whether we find a better DM than Matic. Looks like Jose rates Matic higher than Fabinho. There aren't too many other DMs available. The few I can think of are Casemiro, Busquets, Dier, Wanyama, Carvalho, Danilo, Parades and Weigl. Most of them are unavailable and others are not at Matic's level.
Spot on. Also Jose knows him as a man and a player plus he's proven PL player.

Member 90887

I should buy you a drink for this.

Nemanja Matic is massively under rated in here. As a 'playmaking' DM, he is one of the most experienced and best in world football. Jose has worked with him before. There is a reason he wants him in his team.
Exactly.

To those saying there's a good reason chelsea are selling him:
well, why don't you say that there's also a good reason chelsea plays hard ball with us over this transfer even though we've seen them not having problem selling players to rivals before.

and like some said before, i think he just doesn't fit to the system they're playing and he does perfectly for the system we are playing. in addition to that, you don't sell a player that played most of your games the season before because you don't rate him or you want an upgrade, and before people say it's because conte didn't have a good cover, Fabregas was on the bench, and again before people say they don't play the same positon well, exactly, he could have had a more mobile midfield with Fabregas and Kante.

You can also argue that he's easily in the top ten DM in the world, and knowing that most of them aren't available, it makes perfect sense to go for him over say Fabinho. i rate the later very much but if you had the chance to sign an experienced and proven pl player, you don't miss it. this is what we need, we can't allow our self to gamble on Fabinho without knowing how he would adapt to the PL. There's a big step between the french league and the pl so it's not a given that he would succed (before jumping on that, i'm not saying he would't).

And quite frankly, the state of our team right know, we need this kind of players, we need experience, we need players that won the pl before and know what it mean to do so. don't forget that we lost Rooney and we're gonna soon lose Carrick.

TL;DR: Matic is a very good, PL proven and winner DM, he is what we need as we need a good player in his position and we just lost Ronney (experience) and we'll soon lose Carrick. There's isn't a lot of player in his position and of his caliber available, and we can't allow our self to gamble on players like Fabinho right now with the state of our team. we need a sure bet!

ManuMou

From this perspective:

1. For this coming two seasons (2017/18 and 2018/19), we face Real / Barca / Bayern / Juventus in CL knockout stage or final
2. Jose's fav 4-3-3 against big team
3. If fit, Pogba Herrera to start as CM

For the DM, would you prefer
1. Matic
2. Dier
3. Fabinho

On a long term basis, I personally prefer Fabinho/Dier over Matic, mainly bcz of their potential and age.

However, from this perspective mentioned abov, I prefer Matic's experience and proven track record, simply bcz it gives us more reliability/stability.

For instance, the chance of Matic feck up/mistakes is definitely lower (not zero) than that of Fabinho/Dier. In this kinda game, every mistake counts, imagine one mistake by our DM then Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar slice through our def, and that's likely a goal there. Plus, with relatively more stability, that would free up Pogba Herrera more with less defensive duty, let them express themselves where they are best at, that is to combat the midfield and create chances.

And Matic could stil giv us a good 3-4 years. After that, we could spend on another DM if needed.

So, in the context of everything, as of this moment, Matic is my 1st choice.

Anyone on same page with me ?

Last edited:
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
From this perspective:

1. For this coming two seasons (2017/18 and 2018/19), we face Real / Barca / Bayern / Juventus in CL knockout stage or final

1. Matic
2. Dier
3. Fabinho

On a long term basis, I personally prefer Fabinho/Dier over Matic, mainly bcz of their potential and age.

However, from this perspective mentioned abov, I prefer Matic's experience and proven track record, simply bcz it gives us more reliability/stability.

For instance, the chance of Matic feck up/mistakes is definitely lower (not zero) than that of Fabinho/Dier. In this kinda game, every mistake counts, imagine one mistake by our DM then Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar slice through our def, and that's likely a goal there. Plus, with relatively more stability, that would free up Pogba Herrera more with less defensive duty, let them express themselves where they are best at, that is to combat the midfield and create chances.

And Matic could stil giv us a good 3-4 years. After that, we could spend on another DM if needed.

Seconded

marlowe78

The only issue in signing him for me would be the money needed to get an older player. The last couple of seasons, I've said to people how much I would've loved to have Matic in our team because IMO he's a like-for-like replacement of Carrick, besides a proven winner in the PL. He would help to give much more freedom to our attacking players, especially Pogba. I think to sign him for 3-4 seasons while we search for a younger equivalent would be a very good move.

hn4manunited

The only issue in signing him for me would be the money needed to get an older player. The last couple of seasons, I've said to people how much I would've loved to have Matic in our team because IMO he's a like-for-like replacement of Carrick, besides a proven winner in the PL. He would help to give much more freedom to our attacking players, especially Pogba. I think to sign him for 3-4 seasons while we search for a younger equivalent would be a very good move.
Good post. I also think Matic will be a solid signing. His experience in his two league winning seasons will be invaluable plus Jose obviously trusts him. I'm not too worried about the fee. Having him now is the key word. We need to continue to make progress now. We will continue to invest in younger players along the way. We can't expect to sign all young players because Jose likes to mix the young with the experienced to provide the proper balance for the young to develop positively instead of taking too much risk on the player's development as well as the team's performance.

IMO, I always view the transfer window as an opportunity to piece together a puzzle to create a world beating team not necessarily buying world beaters in every player that we sign.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Good post. I also think Matic will be a solid signing. His experience in his two league winning seasons will be invaluable plus Jose obviously trusts him. I'm not too worried about the fee. Having him now is the key word. We need to continue to make progress now. We will continue to invest in younger players along the way. We can't expect to sign all young players because Jose likes to mix the young with the experienced to provide the proper balance for the young to develop positively instead of taking too much risk on the player's development as well as the team's performance.

IMO, I always view the transfer window as an opportunity to piece together a puzzle to create a world beating team not necessarily buying world beaters in every player that we sign.
Amen

MattyB1986

From this perspective:

1. Matic
2. Dier
3. Fabinho

Pretty much how I see it too.. Plus, Jose knows Matic so should be quicker to settle and bed in because they both know what to expect from each other.
I don't even rate Dier but in 3-4 years he might have changed my mind by then. lol.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Gone quiet on this front....makes me suspicious something might happen, especially with growing reports of fellaini going.

One thing i would say about this transfer- what people are worried about is hiw he wrnt from being the best midfielder in the league one season (which they conveniently forget) to poor the next. Yet they ignore that the likes of Costa/Hazard were just as poor yet dont seem bothered about that.

Whatever happened to that team that year affected everyone in the dressing room.

He's experienced, clearly has talent and will do a good job for us for a number of years, makes sense on many levels

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan

2nd source is shabby but he has never done transfer muppetry earlier. Looks like we are getting Matic for sure.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If all Matic does is allow us to get the best out of Herrera and Pogba he'll be worth it for that alone

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Think this is how it could pan out
Fellaini out, darmian to Inter (they need a fullback and are trying for dalbert)
United sign matic, matuidi, Perisic and aurier.

FujiVice

Prefer to have the player Mourinho wants, rather than the player others think he needs.

United Pro

Would leave us with an injury prone Shaw and shoddy Blind as LB options, not sure Mourinho will take that risk.
Or perhaps that's where the Aurier links make sense. Mourinho turned Azpilicueta into a LB, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same with Aurier. Aurier has also played as a LB for Toulouse.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Or perhaps that's where the Aurier links make sense. Mourinho turned Azpilicueta into a LB, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same with Aurier. Aurier has also played as a LB for Toulouse.
Azpelicueta was playing LB before Jose returned to Chelsea

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Think this is how it could pan out
Fellaini out, darmian to Inter (they need a fullback and are trying for dalbert)
United sign matic, matuidi, Perisic and aurier.
We can't score goals and only sign one attacker. That'd be a tad disappointing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Nemanja woah Nemanja woah he comes from Serbia he's fecking taller than ya (195cm)
Nemanja woah!

TrebleFan99

Things have been so quiet for us. At this point I would be happy with Matic and Perisic. Although I would love to see a big deadline day deal, not sure we'll be too active.

Status
Not open for further replies.