Television Netflix is getting stupid password sharing guidelines

crossy1686

career ending
Netflix is doomed to fail anyway. It used to offer a service that was a huge upgrade and way more convenient than renting. Now they just peddle shit you don't want to watch and make you pay more than it's actually worth.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Btw, "You people" is the most watched movie on Netflix at the moment which says a lot about quality of the content.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Checked the price plans the other day as haven't bothered for ages.

fecking sick of every company thinking 4k is a premium product. It should be the standard you bunch of wankers.

Sylar

Btw, "You people" is the most watched movie on Netflix at the moment which says a lot about quality of the content.
I started that and just stopped after about five or so minutes. Felt so meh haha

A lot of these streaming companies are gonna be shocked at how many people won't accept it. They've accepted the pound or so increase recently. But it still has convenience of sharing ok different devices / places.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I started that and just stopped after about five or so minutes. Felt so meh haha

A lot of these streaming companies are gonna be shocked at how many people won't accept it. They've accepted the pound or so increase recently. But it still has convenience of sharing ok different devices / places.
I finished it, but it was terrible. I feel like some actual racist wrote the script.

RedDevilRoshi

Can’t see many folk staying with them if they commence forward with this stupid idea.

I just hope the number of subscribers will surely decrease rapidly with this news and they have no choice but to do a U-turn.

binary bot
They’ll be in for a shock at how many people only have Netflix because their parents or someone else uses it. If my parents didn’t use it I’d have unsubscribed a long time ago.

Bebe

Checked the price plans the other day as haven't bothered for ages.

fecking sick of every company thinking 4k is a premium product. It should be the standard you bunch of wankers.
They proudly state that "4k" and "no ads" are features of premium. It's pathetic.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Ah the golden age of streaming. It didn’t last long. But for a small time, it was great fun.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Netflix will eventually be bought by one of the bigger dogs.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
And you find it hard to log in once a month?

I can understand people who use it on different TVs/houses and are sharing their accounts with others, but you literally said your biggest concern is that you will forgot to log in once a month, which seems like a real first world problem.
I've worded it wrong then, so sorry. I'm saying that Netflix are shooting themself in the foot by suspending accounts that don't log in every 30 days. It's free money for them to just let forgetful morons like me, who can sometimes go weeks without checking out their content, have their subscriptions automatically ended after that period of time.

Red Rash

As a Netflix user this is a negative as my family are using my account. In reality they can easily afford to sign up for their own account but it makes no sense to pay for something they can get for free. I guess Netflix are hoping the people using shared accounts at the least sign up for the lower priced plans.

As a Netflix investor I think it's clear the company needs to find ways to increase revenue. For me their opportunities are banning account sharing, gaming (although this doesn't seem to be progressing), advertising, merchandising and sports streaming. I see a lot of comments in this thread about Netflix being greedy but it is also nonsensical to think that a company that has an obligation to their shareholders to try and maximise profits should let users consume their content for free.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
As a Netflix user this is a negative as my family are using my account. In reality they can easily afford to sign up for their own account but it makes no sense to pay for something they can get for free. I guess Netflix are hoping the people using shared accounts at the least sign up for the lower priced plans.

As a Netflix investor I think it's clear the company needs to find ways to increase revenue. For me their opportunities are banning account sharing, gaming (although this doesn't seem to be progressing), advertising, merchandising and sports streaming. I see a lot of comments in this thread about Netflix being greedy but it is also nonsensical to think that a company that has an obligation to their shareholders to try and maximise profits should let users consume their content for free.
Didn’t they used to like and promote this sharing? Didn’t seem to bother them back then

Red Rash

Didn’t they used to like and promote this sharing? Didn’t seem to bother them back then
Yea because they were in hypergrowth mode and their revenues were growing fast so it.wasnt an issue.

They have less room to grow the number of accounts in the US and Internationally and increased competition so they need to look for new ways to grow the business. For the average customer it's bad news but the company needs to find ways to increase business and this is one way.

Balljy

They've obviously got to make money to keep going, but they're not helping themselves either. Having 4k linked to number of devices just doesn't make sense - there's loads of people who want 4k without having 4 devices. Making the premium option a "family" sharing option makes more sense with 4k as a standard small additional fee on any tier.

If you're an investor I'd be a bit concerned. I have it, but probably use it once every 3 months to binge a series. The only reason I keep it is because I share with my parents. If Netflix do go ahead with this I'd definitely leave as the value isn't there for me and I think they'd be surprised how many are similar.

Woodzy

I wish every time I made a bad decision in life I could just blame the intern.

Big Andy

Bloke
I’ve had an email today saying what my household consists of. What does this mean for my kids who don’t live with me all the time but use my Netflix account?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I’ve had an email today saying what my household consists of. What does this mean for my kids who don’t live with me all the time but use my Netflix account?
Netflix now owns your kids and you'll need to pay £12.99 a month to see them

Sylar

Interested to see how many people say

Fck it I'm cancelling Vs
Fck it I'll just pay the extra money

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Wish they would hurry up and stop this sharing with other households. 4 of my freeloading relatives watch it on my account and I rarely watch anything on it. Just feel bad cancelling it but will do as soon as they bring ‘same household’ in.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Goojara exists to a level that makes Netflix marginally more usable. With the added bonus of it not suggesting loads of shit to you that you don’t want to watch.

I currently have Disney, Apple, Netflix, Now and Prime. I pay for one of those. If all start limiting usage, I won’t pay for them. I can’t imagine many doing it either.

Mike Smalling

Recently I’ve found that for movies it’s much better to just rent one digitally than trying to find one on Netflix. Their selection is crap, and even quite new movies can be rented for 4-5 Euros.

Whenever a streaming service has a series I want to watch, I’ll subscribe and immediately cancel, so I effectively have a month. Then I’ll do the same if it runs out and I’m not finished.

Big Andy

Bloke
Wish they would hurry up and stop this sharing with other households. 4 of my freeloading relatives watch it on my account and I rarely watch anything on it. Just feel bad cancelling it but will do as soon as they bring ‘same household’ in.
I pay for it and the other day I wanted to watch something and couldn’t because all 4 screens were being used. I welcome it.

ZupZup

Cancelled my Netflix Premium today. Was paying £16 a month and just barely watch anything… mostly so my siblings could also share the account. I got IPTV on my fire stick instead.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Netflix now owns your kids and you'll need to pay £12.99 a month to see them
Also they'll become increasingly more vapid and uncreative, will start poisoning everything and everyone they come into contact with, will frequently host transphobic boomer comedians and turn culture into a corporate wasteland of numbed and dumbed down algorithmically produced sludge content. On the plus side eveyone else will become increasing fecking stupid and senseless morons and as a result will love them dearly.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Netflix is doomed to fail anyway. It used to offer a service that was a huge upgrade and way more convenient than renting. Now they just peddle shit you don't want to watch and make you pay more than it's actually worth.
But it's only 12 bucks for 4 people here.

I mean, 3 dollar each... hardly a dent even if you don't always like their content

crossy1686

career ending
But it's only 12 bucks for 4 people here.

I mean, 3 dollar each... hardly a dent even if you don't always like their content
Their content is shite though, and sooner or later people are going to realise that. Especially when the competition are making much better content and are pricing Netflix out of their movies also. Netflix doesn't have strong studio to fall back on.