Television Netflix UK

kps88

This cheap optional streaming service that allows you to watch hundreds of things in one place, including entire series of TV shows, including some specifically comissioned for it, that didn't exist 5+ years ago, and would've required you to individually buy, rent or illegally download a huge, expensive quantity of things, doesn't currently have your favorite films on it you say? HOLY COCK BISCUITS WHAT A TRAVESTY!!

Funny you've used Louis CK there as the way he sold his stand up special is what other streaming services should aspire to. Easy and quick sign up, no bullshit reason locks etc. Would lead to a big drop in piracy if they got it right imo.

Kaos

I remember when America got every release AT LEAST 6 months before us, and then you had to go out and physically rent or buy it, for about the same cost as the entire Neflix monthly fee. We don't get HBO either, shall we complain about that?

It's still like getting an amazing bike for Christmas, enjoying it for a few days, then noticing Jonny from 3 doors down has a better bike, that his dad's fitted out with a low rider saddle and flame decals, and then suddenly deciding you hate yours, and your dad is a worthless cnut of a loser of a feck for getting you something that was only amazing. And you hate him. You wish Jonny's dad was your dad because Jonny gets all the nice things AND I WANNIT I WANNIT I WANNINT TOO!!!!

It must be one of the most 1st world of 1st world problems. My cheap online streaming service isn't as good as America's. feck My Life.
Jebus :lol:

My issue is paying the same fee (well actually more expensive considering currency conversion rates) for inferior content. Its nothing particularly new but I question why I'm having to use a US proxy for a legit service I'm already paying for.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Funny you've used Louis CK there as the way he sold his stand up special is what other streaming services should aspire to. Easy and quick sign up, no bullshit reason locks etc. Would lead to a big drop in piracy if they got it right imo.
Yeah, but he was selling one thing. His thing. Netflix and Amazon are selling literally thousands for about the same price. It's complaining that someone else is getting more free stuff than you!

My issue is paying the same fee (well actually more expensive considering currency conversion rates) for inferior content. Its nothing particularly new but I question why I'm having to use a US proxy for a legit service I'm already paying for.
Well for a start, it's mostly to do with licensing agreements and not Netflix trying to feck you over deliberately. If the people who own the rights to a certain property don't want it on Netflix (probably because they're making money off it another way in that region) then tough. You pay around the same for your cable as Americans and get completely different content, and that's never been an issue.

It's fine to use a US proxy too. I've no issue with that. But complaining about it just strikes me as the same kind of entitled whining as Louis CK's straw man. We live in an amazing age to even be able to do this shit! Suck it up.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

It's mainly to do with licensing issues. I don't think there's much Netflix can do about this to be honest.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Yeah, but he was selling one thing. His thing. Netflix and Amazon are selling literally thousands for about the same price. It's complaining that someone else is getting more free stuff than you!

Well for a start, it's mostly to do with licensing agreements and not Netflix trying to feck you over deliberately. If the people who own the rights to a certain property don't want it on Netflix (probably because they're making money off it another way in that region) then tough. You pay around the same for your cable as Americans and get completely different content, and that's never been an issue.

It's fine to use a US proxy too. I've no issue with that. But complaining about it just strikes me as the same kind of entitled whining as Louis CK's straw man.
To be fair there haven't been all that many complaints in this thread - it's not exactly a raging torrent of abuse directed at Netflix.

There have been almost as many complaints by you against people who complain, then there have actual complaints in the thread that you are complaining about.

Member 39557

Mockney clearly works for netflix. I'm just glad he made the jump from Blockbuster in time.

Player Red

I use my tv for Netflix Usa, i just went on to it and all the thumbnails have been replaced with viperdns, do i have to find another DNS or what?
You are still able to access the content under the thumbnail. It just means Viperdns (the b*stards) have taken advantage of the DNS you are currently using to jump in and make those adds appear. You just need to find another DNS they haven't compromised or to sign up for one of the DNS providers like unblockUS. Just part and parcel of using an unsecure DNS. As long as you are accessing through something like a smart TV you shouldn't have any account that's could be accessed but it isn't advised if you are going through a laptop, tablet or PS4 where you access other accounts.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Why is it so bad? They don't even have the classics like Superman, Star Wars, Back to the future, Indiana Jones, Godfather, Terminator, Die Hard, etc, those type of movies that you can just watch over and over again.

Is the U.S. Netflix really that much better and is there any possibility of getting it here in the UK, somehow?!
US Netflix >>>> Canada netflix >> UK Netflix

Phurry

Furry Fecker
I've used Unlocator but this app does it without having to switch.
But there's no app for mobile devices looking at their site?

EDIT: Should say I use unogs to find stuff rather than searching Netflix itself.

Dan

Not yet, he's working on it though.

Canadian Netflix though. :drool:

Last edited:

Dan

Australia one often gets films earlier than US or Canada, I think they had Kingsman about 3 months before I saw it anywhere else.
I've never switched from the US before, but feck me can't believe how much newer stuff is on Canada. Will check out Australia though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm using cyberghost which only allows a 3 hour connection for free users but you can use it to use American Netflix or try Norweigian (or other Scandinavian) Netflix which also has some good stuff. If you have a good VPN then Netflix is a very good service and I like most of Netflix originals, I'm now invested in many of the shows that it is worth keeping for when the new seasons come out.

shabz

Swedish or Canadian Netflix for movies.
US Netflix has a lot of shows as well.

JoaquinJoaquin

I use unlocator, does the same thing, you just tell it what country you want to be from today.
So with Unlocater, Do you just put the different DNS settings in by Country you want Netflix to show for example?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Golden Nugget

Cnuts.

Yep, I'm getting rid of it too I can't use Unblock-US. Irish Netflix is the absolute drizzling shíts.
Try Netflix Hong Kong (although it was only just released 1 week ago). Just read on an article.. Singapore has 650 titles to choose from; Malaysia 695, Hong Kong......540. Whereas US Netflix is 5,654.

Surely Netflix Ireland has more content!