Television Netflix UK

I still don't get the hype about Netflix.

Other than the top few rows in a genre, it mostly seems to be crap. Struggle to find anything I want to watch on there.
I think it's great, they have brilliant new original series and it's cheap, even some of the "lesser" stuff like American Odyssey is very watchable.

Dan

I love Netflix, my only annoyance is that it doesn't seem to mark stuff that i've watched properly. I keep getting continue watching on a lot of things with only a minute to go, even though i've gone past the marker which indicates that something has been fully watched.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think it's great, they have brilliant new original series and it's cheap, even some of the "lesser" stuff like American Odyssey is very watchable.
I struggle to get into series these days/don't have the time, although Stranger Things was great and I made the time to watch it. I did watch all of It's Only Sunny, and finished Arrested Development off a while back, but not much else interested me. It would've been worth the subscription whilst I was watching those. Like I say, I'll stick a documentary on in the background while I work every other month or so, and maybe put a film on to fall asleep to. I wouldn't feel like I'm getting my moneys worth but I'd be happy enough to split the cost with a mate.

muller

I like Netflix. For a fiver a month I get a large array of films (enough recent ones for me), tv shows (marvel ones alone are worth it). For me it's good value.

dellboyy

I love Netflix, my only annoyance is that it doesn't seem to mark stuff that i've watched properly. I keep getting continue watching on a lot of things with only a minute to go, even though i've gone past the marker which indicates that something has been fully watched.
Ha i don't know if that's a new thing, but i've only recently noticed that and i've been using it for ages! Hope they fix it.

Yeah i agree, for the price, it has so much content to watch i hardly watch actual tv any more. Admittedly, it's a lot better for tv shows than movies though, always has been.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Due to account sharing with two friends I pay £2.50 a month for Netflix. Absolutely worth the money.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How can I get Netflix US through smart TV?

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Move to the US.

Nah, I think there is a way of doing it, but it's a bit of a faff - like manually changing your MAC address or something.

Acole9

Outstanding
It's alright on free trials but I would never pay a suscription, there's a lot of films which are extremely old, I have been watching Stranger Things though and that is a brilliant programme.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Still loving it, it's perfect for kids, tons of stuff on there. I wish they would expand a bit more on foreign movies and shows (the Israeli series FAUDA was absolutley fantastic). They also need to finally put some Die Hard, Top Gun, etc old school classics on there. One thing I don't really dig are those stand-up comedy shows, there just seem to be too many of those.

Big Andy

Bloke
Still loving it, it's perfect for kids, tons of stuff on there. I wish they would expand a bit more on foreign movies and shows (the Israeli series FAUDA was absolutley fantastic). They also need to finally put some Die Hard, Top Gun, etc old school classics on there. One thing I don't really dig are those stand-up comedy shows, there just seem to be too many of those.
Die Hard is on there currently...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Does anyone know what happened to the info you used to be able to show like current stream quality?

If you hit 'info' on the TV remote or 'display' on the PlayStation it would show white text in the top left corner that showed the resolution etc, but it's seemingly not there any more.

Dan

Does anyone know what happened to the info you used to be able to show like current stream quality?

If you hit 'info' on the TV remote or 'display' on the PlayStation it would show white text in the top left corner that showed the resolution etc, but it's seemingly not there any more.
Still does it on my TV.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They've cracked right down on VPN and meddling with DNS settings.

If you Google "Netflix US DNS", you'll find codes that you will enter in your TVs network settings. They might work, if you're willing to try a few to find one that does, but they certainly won't last.

vanthaman

Winner

Are you on PS4 pro? As it's disappeared from that. Think it's still on other PS4s

JTW95

Gullible sausage

On my Xbox I get that info by pressing the right analog stick. Have you tried that on your playstation?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Peaky Blinders season 4 on Netflix US but not UK.. :rolleyes:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They really need more 4k stuff. And also a better selection for movies. Otherwise it's great for documentaries and tv series.

Also, soon you'll be able to view Netflix directly from your sky q box which make it easier to access. Just superb. I hate having to look for the damn tv remote if I can't find anything on Sky.

Loublaze

ATLien
They really need more 4k stuff. And also a better selection for movies. Otherwise it's great for documentaries and tv series.

Also, soon you'll be able to view Netflix directly from your sky q box which make it easier to access. Just superb. I hate having to look for the damn tv remote if I can't find anything on Sky.
I've had that feature with my cable provider for a while now. The remote has voice command so all I have to do is say 'netflix' and it opens right up.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Every time I think of something to watch on Netflix it's not actually on Netflix. Parks and Recreation was going to become the new thing to have on in the background while I'm too busy to actually watch something. Nope, doesn't exist on Netflix. If anyone has a suggestion similar to this it'd be appreciated. Sunny was the ultimate

Flying_Heckfish

Every time I think of something to watch on Netflix it's not actually on Netflix. Parks and Recreation was going to become the new thing to have on in the background while I'm too busy to actually watch something. Nope, doesn't exist on Netflix. If anyone has a suggestion similar to this it'd be appreciated. Sunny was the ultimate
I thought it was on there recently.. or was that Amazon? I really hate the organisation of both Netflix and Prime, not helpful at all.

Have you tried Trailer Park Boys?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't think Parks was ever on UK Netflix, but it was on the US one, back when you could fiddle with the DNS codes, which they've since clamped down on. It's definitely on Prime though.

Brooklyn 99 is both a great watch and light hearted enough to have on in the background. Running storylines are rather subtle so you can jump in and out of it and not be totally lost. Really easy to watch, great fun. It definitely gets better as it goes on too IMO.

Echo the above on Trailer Park Boys. It's a must if you dig Sunny. It's just horrible people being horrible and getting drunk, similar to Sunny. It starts off a bit low budget, but it gets better. Some of the acting in it is hilariously bad, which adds to the charm of the show.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I thought it was on there recently.. or was that Amazon? I really hate the organisation of both Netflix and Prime, not helpful at all.

Have you tried Trailer Park Boys?
Always forget about that actually. Watched one episode ages ago. Will give it another go.

I don't think Parks was ever on UK Netflix, but it was on the US one, back when you could fiddle with the DNS codes, which they've since clamped down on. It's definitely on Prime though.

Brooklyn 99 is both a great watch and light hearted enough to have on in the background. Running storylines are rather subtle so you can jump in and out of it and not be totally lost. Really easy to watch, great fun. It definitely gets better as it goes on too IMO.

Echo the above on Trailer Park Boys. It's a must if you dig Sunny. It's just horrible people being horrible and getting drunk, similar to Sunny. It starts off a bit low budget, but it gets better. Some of the acting in it is hilariously bad, which adds to the charm of the show.
Cheers. Done Brooklyn 99. Good background fodder. Gonna go for Trailer Park Boys.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Started watching Trailer Park Boys properly and loving it. I started from the second season which was a good idea having now watched the 2nd/3rd and then back to the 1st. 2nd is way better. Great for in the background as well as actually watching properly.

Castia

I love Netflix but I really wish we had The Office U.S in the U.K. it’s not on any streaming platform here and it’s available on US Netflix so god knows why they haven’t bought the rights.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I love Netflix but I really wish we had The Office U.S in the U.K. it’s not on any streaming platform here and it’s available on US Netflix so god knows why they haven’t bought the rights.
It's on Amazon Prime Video but as with a lot of stuff on there you have to pay for it on top of the monthly subscription which really pisses me off.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
In Ireland but I presume UK and Ireland have similar catalogues but this shit is barely worth it anymore. Every week or so it seems to be losing another show I watch, Rick and Morty leaving on December 31st.

And their Originals have gone through the floor in quality in recent years. If Hulu ever launches over here I'm straight on it.

justboy68

I just wish there was a proper rating system again. It's a pain in the arse having to check e every show on external websites to get an idea whether it's going to be worth my time or a total piece of crap. I usually end up not watching anything.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Huh, second thing I'm watching that's a Netflix original where the sound is weird. First was Mowgli, which was surely high budget. Sounded like it was recorded in a room when it was meant to be in a jungle. It obviously was, but it shouldn't sound like it.
Now it's The Fix, which is a weird thing to have on Netflix. Just a crappy panel show by the looks of it. The mixing is off though. Judging by the amount of yanks, it might be on theirs too. Maybe that's just how they have it there.

Last edited: