Neville: The players who are rotten in the dressing room are all on social media

crossy1686

career ending
I personally think both are cocks, but one is the manager and another is the player. The manager over rules the player, the only one that should be telling the manager what to do is the people above him like director of football, CEO, owners.
Agreed, Fergie was also capable of being a cock at times but he was the manager and you have to back 100% otherwise you're undermining him.

crossy1686

career ending
"They're all on social media"

Blooody hell - wake up Gaz, it's 2019, they're all at it in every club!
Probably bar Milner!
Fecking hell lad, just watch the video clip. He's not blaming social media!!!!

When the presenter asks him who the mercenaries are, he says "You know who they are, they're in the newspapers every days and ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA".

redIndianDevil

Nah he’s right on this occasion.
Not really. We need a coach not another fecking clueless manager. Neville will keep on protecting crap managers because he himself is one. I have been singing this song this LvG that we need a coach and still we are appointing managers who have no clue. Another 2 years wasted and another transition

hn4manunited

Poppycock? Jose's fallout with every club has to do with the same combination:

Player Power over the Club. Executive or ownership not having a better solution.

Chelsea - conflict with Abramovich.
Madrid - players. And we're talking similar to United, jovial jerking off international teammates and forgetting the badge not to mention in club alliances
Inter - none. Humble players. Humble executives. Humble fans.
Chelsea 2.0 - Hazard downing tools. Then when courted by Madrid with potential Jose reunion, all of a sudden a manager he'd work with again .
United - you know this.

Jose was not the right manager. Simply because of his football philosophy. He failed not because of that but for the same reason as all the others. His superiors and players are fecking whack. We literally have a multi variable controlled study in Ole's short time that makes it so goddam evident .

Listen to Ole's frustration. He's just short of throwing players under the bus like Jose after 4 months instead of the two seasons it took Jose. He's allaying transfer expectations because Ed is in charge. The whole thing is a fecking joke.

Hate Jose as much as you want, he's a dick. But he's a better football brain and manager than most . He may not have been a fit for United, but doesn't mean he's wrong.
Top post! I’m glad there are still a few of us on here who sees it.

redIndianDevil

I couldn't care less what Neville says he is only happy when he can criticise our non English players
This. Almost all British pundits are upto this. It's always Pogba, Martial not Rashford, Lingard or Jones etc

Dante

Average bang
I couldn't care less what Neville says he is only happy when he can criticise our non English players
This. Almost all British pundits are upto this. It's always Pogba, Martial not Rashford, Lingard or Jones etc
Bollocks

And in any case there is LITERALLY no mention of any names. You're taking your own prejudices and putting words into Neville's mouth in order to criticise him.

redIndianDevil

Poppycock? Jose's fallout with every club has to do with the same combination:

Player Power over the Club. Executive or ownership not having a better solution.

Chelsea - conflict with Abramovich.
Madrid - players. And we're talking similar to United, jovial jerking off international teammates and forgetting the badge not to mention in club alliances
Inter - none. Humble players. Humble executives. Humble fans.
Chelsea 2.0 - Hazard downing tools. Then when courted by Madrid with potential Jose reunion, all of a sudden a manager he'd work with again .
United - you know this.

Jose was not the right manager. Simply because of his football philosophy. He failed not because of that but for the same reason as all the others. His superiors and players are fecking whack. We literally have a multi variable controlled study in Ole's short time that makes it so goddam evident .

Listen to Ole's frustration. He's just short of throwing players under the bus like Jose after 4 months instead of the two seasons it took Jose. He's allaying transfer expectations because Ed is in charge. The whole thing is a fecking joke.

Hate Jose as much as you want, he's a dick. But he's a better football brain and manager than most . He may not have been a fit for United, but doesn't mean he's wrong.
Mourinho is past it. His football is very short termist and moreover crap to watch. He bought more crap too for us, look at Sanchez, Matic, Lukaku.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I would have wanted him to name the players he thought were rubbish by showing individual running stats and comparing them to Everton players. Just alone would have been better instead of using the social media angle that is pointless. Ole is his friend so blaming the players should be very easy. Season is over anyway
He isn’t blaming social media though. He’s insinuating that the culprits are our biggest stars. The leaders in the dressing room are defined by how many Instagram followers they have as opposed to what they’ve actually achieved on the pitch for us. And the club actively encourage it. Paul Pogba is a massive commercial asset for Manchester United which ultimately is why there was only one winner between him and Jose. That can’t be how a successful football club is run.

redIndianDevil

Bollocks

And in any case there is LITERALLY no mention of any names. You're taking your own prejudices and putting words into Neville's mouth in order to criticise him.
Neville may not have named them here but if want proof there is plenty, you can hear every commentator, pre match or post match analysis to verify this. For example the amount of bigging up Rashford gets is insane.

mark_a

As much as G Nev is right, his commenting like this is as much a part of the shit show as anything else. It’s not helping.

But he’s obviously right. Players Need shipping out, Woodward needs to go. We need a plan as a club. Let’s not forget Ole was an interim hired by a club out of ideas. The squad is still filled with overpaid passengers, easily shown up by hard-working teams with a plan like Wolves or Everton. Lacking in all departments, no grit, no fight, no finesse, no creativity, nothing. Gutless and embarrassing.

Dante

Average bang
Neville may not have named them here but if want proof there is plenty, you can hear every commentator, pre match or post match analysis to verify this. For example the amount of bigging up Rashford gets is insane.
Pogba gets a lot more bigging up.

And again, you're extrapolating Neville's 'guilt' based on your own prejudices.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He isn’t blaming social media though. He’s insinuating that the culprits are our biggest stars. The leaders in the dressing room are defined by how many Instagram followers they have as opposed to what they’ve actually achieved on the pitch for us. And the club actively encourage it. Paul Pogba is a massive commercial asset for Manchester United which ultimately is why there was only one winner between him and Jose. That can’t be how a successful football club is run.
I doubt that's the reason the club got rid of Jose :lol: They got rid of him because it's always simpler to change a manager than a bunch of players.
Regarding Neville, he isn't blaming social media but he mentions it as a serious problem still. He's paid big bucks, the man should say things bluntly and clearly as to avoid any misunderstanding or simply wait for the right moment to do it.

Look-a-Hill

Because the things that frustrates them isn't how talented they are but their application and work ethic. Lingard, Rashford and Jones may not be technically good enough to play for this team long term but they run their bollocks off every game. The opposite is true of Pogba and Martial.

redIndianDevil

Because the things that frustrates them isn't how talented they are but their application and work ethic. Lingard, Rashford and Jones may not be technically good enough to play for this team long term but they run their bollocks off every game. The opposite is true of Pogba and Martial.
I play 5 a side twice a week and I'm the worst player, I just run around causing trouble to cover up my lack of skill, doesn't make me a better footballer. You get players from Championship, they will work harder than Lingard, doens't mean we have to appreciate the poorly skilled players

Dante

Average bang
I play 5 a side twice a week and I'm the worst player, I just run around causing trouble to cover up my lack of skill, doesn't make me a better footballer. You get players from Championship, they will work harder than Lingard, doens't mean we have to appreciate the poorly skilled players
And lack of football intelligence.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I doubt that's the reason the club got rid of Jose :lol: They got rid of him because it's always simpler to change a manager than a bunch of players.
Regarding Neville, he isn't blaming social media but he mentions it as a serious problem still. He's paid big bucks, the man should say things bluntly and clearly as to avoid any misunderstanding or simply wait for the right moment to do it.
The breakdown in Mourinho’s relationship with Pogba was a massive reason in why he was sacked. That all seemed to happen when Sanchez was given 400k a week and we played Spurs away with Pogba being hauled off. He wanted Pogba and Martial gone last summer, the club didn’t back him, then he went into self-destruct mode, threw his toys out of the pram and spent July onwards acting like he wanted the sack. That’s my reading of things anyway.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
At this level, I doubt Lingard would be more skilled than them

The breakdown in Mourinho’s relationship with Pogba was a massive reason in why he was sacked. That all seemed to happen when Sanchez was given 400k a week and we played Spurs away with Pogba being hauled off. He wanted Pogba and Martial gone last summer, the club didn’t back him, then he went into self-destruct mode, threw his toys out of the pram and spent July onwards acting like he wanted the sack. That’s my reading of things anyway.
I agree with everything. Despite his issues, Jose was still about many things sadly. OGS gave us a glimpse of the kinda football our team is capable of but under the current squad, it was impossible to make it last as soon as the first injuries occured.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Pogba is a world cup winner and has played in a CL final. What has Rashford done?
If we're talking purely in a Manchester United shirt, one of those players stepped up and took a late stoppage-time penalty, away from home, to send us through against all odds in the Champions League, while the other wasn't even on the pitch because he was suspended after stinking out the first leg.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Reminded me of Waddle's English meltdowns on the radio, when we would get gems such as "They're all just headphones!"

Would have liked to see him and Carragher analyse the game. They are good at that. Neville does otherwise spout a load of inconsistent crap.

lsd

The Oracle
Bollocks

You only have to listen to him every time he opens his bitter mouth . That's why so many people have picked up on it whether you like it or not

poleglass red

Pogba is a cancer. Remove it asap. The pl is a different beast. Being a skilful cowardly cnut might work in europe but not in pl.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Jose spent 18 months staunchly defending Pogba against every single bit of criticism. Before he lost patience. Pogba has that affect on people.
Everyone conveniently forgets that for some reason. He was defending him on a weekly basis from criticism from ex players.

Icemav

What Neville says at the end is 100% spot on in my opinion. Who is going to support Ole at the club with the massive rebuild that is needed? Who is there on the football side?

Ole should be backed and supported, like the previous managers. But whereas other big clubs generally look very competent we look totally clueless. Perhaps due to having a board nepotistically filled with some rich Americans and a CEO who knows a lot about revenue generation and little about football.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Everyone conveniently forgets that for some reason. He was defending him on a weekly basis from criticism from ex players.
No he didn't. Mourinho started throwing players under the bus after literally his first loss at the club. He defended Pogba once against Scholes but, even then he was mostly defending himself.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Guys remember when Gary Neville was a breath of fresh air because he was a British pundit that broke down tactics and did not just rely on cliches?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pogba is a cancer. Remove it asap. The pl is a different beast. Being a skilful cowardly cnut might work in europe but not in pl.
I don't want Pogba at the club but there's no need for the bold bit - I think there's a rule on the caf against this specifically.

JG3001

madness. The state of this club and fans.
Its amazing how quickly the tide turns and opinions change, in over just a couple weeks.

Gary "Man Utd ‘til I die" Neville is simply just pandering to the popular opinion. Blame social media, blame Pogba, OGS good etc etc. Such bullocks.
His most important point is the work rate which is sorely lacking. One of the reasons United went on the run was simply because of the work rate that comes with excitement of new manager. Honeymoon period is over, and its back to square one.

Get rid of the deadwood, keep the talent (aka the names you mentioned up there) and accept reality that the rebuilding period with OGS is going to be a couple painful years. The biggest problem I have with today's fan is their lack of patience.
To be fair it’s been 6 years and 700 million spent and we’re still talking about being miles away from where we need to be. It’s hard to be patient at this stage with that kind of outlay.

There’s no point keeping the talent if they are costing 400k a week and don’t really want to be here, just encourages more disharmony.

The team needs an overhaul, it’s been said for years, there needs to be a significant number of players moved on. Signings that actually fit a style of play instead of flavour of the month, and encourage some youth promotion.

Whilst the task on hand is far from easy, I think it’s made way more complicated than need be by the board, who it would appear are going completely behind the back of the manager each time.

Icemav

Guys remember when Gary Neville was a breath of fresh air because he was a British pundit that broke down tactics and did not just rely on cliches?
No and he is also correct today in his assessment. The players are rancid, the club is in the wilderness, and management has zero idea how to support Ole with the rebuild of the club.

Last edited:

Canagel

Runs where? Into blind places and cul de sacs. Lingard just looks busy. I'm sure pogba ran more miles than him. Rashford had been barely running and even began throwing arms in the air because someone didn't give him the ball but media and fans is scared to upset him because he's manc through and through.
Pashun/workrate is not enough on its own to be defended. Sanchez tries hard than most where did it get us?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Gary Neville is quite lucky he ended up a good footballer, because his life would've been a huge struggle if he had to make a living using his intellect.
He didn't end up a good footballer by chance. He worked his arse off for years and lived in constant fear that he'd drop below the levels required by the manager and be sold. Once he felt he had lost it he ended his career by his own choice because he cared more about what's good for United than what might be best for his bank balance.

Also, he's not saying social media makes you a bad player. They asked him to name names and he pointed out that he didn't need to, you can find the ones he means as they're the ones all over social media.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Hard work pays off and obviously Martial and Pogba don’t work as hard. Then we have poor quality players like Lukaku, Lingard, Fred, Smalling, Rojo, Darmian, Young and Jones. We also have young players who is not ready like Rushford, Dalot. We have a team of misfit trying to win a Football game. Omg.

RuudTom83

Hard work pays off and obviously Martial and Pogba don’t work as hard. Then we have poor quality players like Lukaku, Lingard, Fred, Smalling, Rojo, Darmian, Young and Jones. We also have young players who is not ready like Rushford, Dalot. We have a team of misfit trying to win a Football game. Omg.
It’s totally infuriating isn’t it...arrrgh!

What a mess.

Tarrou

Thread title is misleading

Neville refused to name players and basically meant he didn't need to because they are all over the papers and social media. Meaning, we all know who they are anyway.

He was not drawing a correlation between social media use and being crap at football for United. He was just on a massive worked up rant and not expressing himself very well.