Neville: Varane, Sancho, Kane

MrBest

Key positions for me are cb and defensive midfilder, then right winger, then right back, then striker.

I'd love to see Varane, Rice, Sancho, Tripier and Haaland if I was in dreamland. I would settle for Varane, Rice, Sancho and Tripier. Cavani staying a year is a game changer abd Martial will be back too (who knows what type of season he will have).0

MrBest

Hmm 150m for 5 players that can improve our team/squad? That is very optimistic thinking. Are we expecting big money for Pogba?
Lingard should get 30m, De Gea 40m and then im stuck. Good point!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Reckon that would take about £235m gross, so something like

Ings £20m
Sancho £80m
Rice £65-£70m
Varane/Torres/Kounde £50m
Trippier £15m
Doubt we will fork out that much for Rice or any MF. Maybe try and do a swap plus cash with Lingard for him, but it might not work.

Cathy Ferguson

Unless we sell Martial we do not need a new striker. Of course Kane would be a huge upgrade but we need to invest elsewhere first.

Konate, Upamecano and Alaba are already off the market. Ed is monitoring and Chelsea are getting closer to Varane?

Rice will cost at least 80m and I doubt we can afford it.

Sancho 80m
Torres 45m
Neves 50m
Trippier 20m

Out
Lingard 25m
James 20m
Dalot 12m

That would be a decent summer but will not make us title contenders.

dinostar77

All these posts with potential transfer fees seem to forget that signing on bonus, wages, match related bonuses, image rights and agent fees still need to be factored in.

Diabovermelho

There's no way we'll have a £150m net spend. Also, Kane and Rice are not realistic targets because of their prices.

A net spend of £100m should be enough to secure Sancho, CB and DM, as long as we manage to sell our "deadwood".

Outs:

Lingard: £25m
Dan James: £18m
Dalot: £12m
Chong: £5m
Matic: £10m
Pereira: £10m

Ins:

Sancho: £75m
Varane/Torres: £45m
Trippier/Aarons: £15m
Neves/Bissouma: £35m

I'm not optmistic we'll manage to sell a lot of players, but Lingard, James, Dalot sould be easy to sell. Roma are signing Xhaka, so i'm not sure they still want Matic, but if they do, we should sell him without even think about.

Pereira is going to be difficult to sell, so another loan with an option to buy is the most likely scenario for him. Our CB's (Bailly or Axel), should we choose to sell, there's market for them, so i don't think it'll be a problem.

De Gea or Martial there's no way we'll be able to sell them, because of their huge wages. For De Gea, a loan would be possible, if we agree of paying part of his salary (like we did with Sanchez).

So in the end, we can make up to £70m in sales, making a £100m net spend realistic.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Kane won't sign and it's not about Levy.

He knows. Ole would be perfect for him a good few years ago when he was developing, not now when he wants trophies. From his perspective it wouldn’t make any sense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

not in a million years, 100% just Glazer spin right before fans forum. Maybe, just maybe 100 mil NET spend, but I don’t even believe that
I'm sure we've worked on the "idea" of that sort of spend since the Glazers have been here.

Not a chance 1) we'll boot that much, and 2) we'll get that many bodies in for it!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's no way we'll have a £150m net spend. Also, Kane and Rice are not realistic targets because of their prices.

A net spend of £100m should be enough to secure Sancho, CB and DM, as long as we manage to sell our "deadwood".

Outs:

Lingard: £25m
Dan James: £18m
Dalot: £12m
Chong: £5m
Matic: £10m
Pereira: £10m

Ins:

Sancho: £75m
Varane/Torres: £45m
Trippier/Aarons: £15m
Neves/Bissouma: £35m

I'm not optmistic we'll manage to sell a lot of players, but Lingard, James, Dalot sould be easy to sell. Roma are signing Xhaka, so i'm not sure they still want Matic, but if they do, we should sell him without even think about.

Pereira is going to be difficult to sell, so another loan with an option to buy is the most likely scenario for him. Our CB's (Bailly or Axel), should we choose to sell, there's market for them, so i don't think it'll be a problem.

De Gea or Martial there's no way we'll be able to sell them, because of their huge wages. For De Gea, a loan would be possible, if we agree of paying part of his salary (like we did with Sanchez).

So in the end, we can make up to £70m in sales, making a £100m net spend realistic.
For once, someone's "outs" look potentially doable.
But i dare say that 80m will actually be 40m.

Sancho for 75m would be skilful deal, so don't expect that either.
Fingers crossed though!

lawliet354

Watching Kante make me feel that top CM and CB is a more priority than striker or RW next season. Don't think any team can truly be competing in PL and CL with Fred and McTominay as their starter

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We blatantly need a central midfielder and a centreback before we even think about forward players, and you also wouldn't be able to just sign Kane, Varane and Sanch if you were playing Fifa career mode on the easy settings.

Neville means well but he's an idiot.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Maybe Varane, Sancho plus one CDM, Rice?

We have Cavani for another year and Kane alone would be worth 2 players. Might as well sign Varane + a decent CDM instead of Kane.

Jacob

Why would Varane come? Is he frozen out at Real by Zidane?

Cloud7

not in a million years, 100% just Glazer spin right before fans forum. Maybe, just maybe 100 mil NET spend, but I don’t even believe that
These are exactly the areas we need improvement on. Either some very good PR, or we actually have a plan for this summer. I'm hoping for the latter but it's probably the former.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
To win the final, what player would have been needed? I think for sure those three players would have bira tWe’d us 5-10 more points in the PL, but would we have won against Villareal?
We'd have won the final if the players on the pitch played a better game.

TheLord

We may cry our lungs out, but we won't be getting more than one 'marquee' signing and 'a few' stop-gap replacements.

All three in one window is impossible.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why would Varane come? Is he frozen out at Real by Zidane?
Madrid are a team on the down.

Their manager just left, most of their key players are old (Kroos, Modric, Benzema, Ramos) and they're in financial difficulties.

He's been there a long time and won everything, now is probably a great time to make a change. Of course it could just be a play for more money.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Neville has lost all my respect since the riot. His opinion is tinted and agenda bias.

Yes we need fresh leg. An experienced CB, comfortable in the air and with the ball, great concentration, with pace perhaps, doesn't have to be Varane.

In fact, bring in the Portuguese solution is fine with me, Torres, Neves, and the Leeds right wing.
I would definitely be ok with that
Except Arsenal
And spurs

A-man

We'd have won the final if the players on the pitch played a better game.
Sometimes the truth is simple as that. Fully agree. The team we put on the pitch that day was fully competent and skilled to beat Villareal. They just didn’t show up.

Lynty

I'll join in the muppetry:

In:
Sancho £80m
Grealish £80m
Rice £60m - or - Pau Torres £40m/Koopmeiners £25m

Out:
Pogba £50m (would be great if he signed a new deal)
Henderson £20m
Lingard £25m
Andreas/Chong/Dalot £15m

Schmeichel=God

Kane for me is Van Persie territory...2 to 3 year special at best. Minimal resale value.

RvP was entirely worth it, but because Levy will demand the GDP of a chunky island and bearing in mind Kane's age and recent injury record...it's a bad idea for me. Can't see us winning the league with Kane added anyway. Cavani has as much chance of staying fit for a season and imo is performing near Kane level anyway.

Varane is now fancy name territory alongside age and injury issues also. Also happens to be at the virus club...a club where a certain other CB likes to name drop us to bag an improved contract. So **** him and that club in particular.

Instead let's focus on a younger CB with resale value, less wages, longevity in the legs.

Sancho...yes. (80m)
Grealish...yes. (70m)
CDM...yes. (60m)
CB...yes (60m

Martial out (50m)
De Gea out (40m)
Pogba quite possibly (50m)
Lingard most likely (30m)
VDB...stranger things have happened (25m)

Nearly 200m in
Circa 270m out
70m net spend.
Reasonable imo.

But of course...that's far to much business to perform in one off season...makes far too much sense.

Ole90+3

Gary Neville certainly knows what he’s talking about.
Well Sancho wasn’t exactly hard to predict, and it’s not a secret that United have been keeping tracks on Varane since Fergie’s last couple of seasons.
There’s no guarantee that United will be successful with these 2 signings but we’re certainly moving in the right direction.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Kane would bankrupt us and we will still need midfielder and a right fullback.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Rather Grealish than Kane if we’re going to bankrupt ourselves. The primary focus should be a midfielder though.

SecondFig

Kane would bankrupt us and we will still need midfielder and a right fullback.
Yep, and as others have pointed out he'd be a short term (age and injuries) success with no resale value.

Would rather focus on selling now, and if Pogba goes (hopefully along with Jones, Lingard, Pereira and maybe even Martial) try and bring in a top quality holding midfielder. That, or go for Grealish - he's not what we need, but if Pogba goes and we're going to play 4-3-3 I'd love to see Grealish play for us

James Peril

With two already signed, it’s absurd to think that the club could actually afford the last one as well - if we’re really greedy. Imagine the expenditure for these last season or at least pre-corona, damn. Selling a few players as well, we could take Kane at 100M and still not bankrupt the club. Shrewd business, we’re like a shipping magnate entering the S&P market when the market is down and everyone are broke.. it’s lovely. Not that Sancho was cheap, but we still got it over the line - Varane is an insane signing.

Nights

And to think so many posters in this thread alone thought it was all spin, and we wouldn’t open the chequebook.

reelworld

I completely agree with those three signings.

Problem is, they will cost nigh on 250 million in total. No way is Uncle Joel forking out that money.
Sancho: 70m
Varane: 40m
Kane: 140m

All give or take numbers.

That's pretty accurate tbh :lol:. Although I don't think you can foresee that Varane would be that cheap

Jibbs

I do not want Kane. I want either one of Haaland or Mbappe next season.