Gaming New Baghdad-set Assassin's Creed game will reportedly be called Mirage

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
As long as it's a stealth nuke!
:lol: That's the thing. When you're in stealth, you're just using whistle, and every opponent taking the bait, and when you're done, the pile of bodies is half population of the city.

Now add to that teleportation and x-ray vision... Not even in Watch Dogs you could teleport, while using ridiculous amount of high tech.

Recent AC is stuff of Crysis and Alien vs Predator, when it supposed to be in remote realm of historical period. Ubi should just go full into the futuristic era with overpower excess.

Ainu

:lol: That's the thing. When you're in stealth, you're just using whistle, and every opponent taking the bait, and when you're done, the pile of bodies is half population of the city.

Now add to that teleportation and x-ray vision... Not even in Watch Dogs you could teleport, while using ridiculous amount of high tech.

Recent AC is stuff of Crysis and Alien vs Predator, when it supposed to be in remote realm of historical period. Ubi should just go full into the futuristic era with overpower excess.
I fought a minotaur and cyclopses and traveled to Atlantis in Odyssey, I think it's fair to say any illusion of realism is long gone. :lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I fought a minotaur and cyclopses and traveled to Atlantis in Odyssey, I think it's fair to say any illusion of realism is long gone. :lol:
This is exactly why newer entries in the series are without any direction and consequences, and the only challenge is amount of clutter stuff to collect around the world.

You can now kill cyclopses, minotaurs, while in AC II which had original dev team working on it, you fought historical Borgia family and Ezio got stabbed while assasinating one of their family members. Borgias fight back, and kill your family members and it takes time to even master more basic stuff. Assassins were not Avengers ffs.

Not even minotaur and cyclops could teleport. It's almost cheating. In next game you'll probably be able to assassinate Godzilla. Best game in the world.

RedDevilRoshi

I’m not a big fan of Assasins Creed and haven’t played the games since the Ezio series. Although this one looks pretty interesting so will wait and see later down the line if it is worth picking it up when it comes down in price.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Is roshans voice annoying anyone else?

Sounds like she smokes 50 a day and gurgles with acid.

Ainu

Is roshans voice annoying anyone else?

Sounds like she smokes 50 a day and gurgles with acid.
Her voice can be an acquired taste but she's actually a pretty celebrated actress: Shohreh Aghdashloo. Chrisjen Avasarala from The Expanse, among (many) other things.

T_Model101

Does it matter at all what order I play these in these days?
I have Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla, in what order do people recommend?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Enjoying it so far, it is what it is pretty much. Nothing ground breaking, nothing awful, just a steady as you go assassin's creed game.

Not a fan of the wanted type thing they have, seem to get caught everytime you stab someone ffs.

Hoof the ball

The problem is that Ubisoft Bordeaux is a small studio working on an Assassin's Creed title which was supposed to be a Valhalla DLC, so it's based on the same assets as Valhalla but with a fraction of the workforce.

It's probably unfair to expect massive things from this game. They've taken positive steps to move away from the huge bland open world, bloat, and unnecessary sandbox filler. That's a good thing, as is the decision to make it a game more stealth based, utilising a small map with better parkour design.

Obviously lots of things could be done better, but if Ubisoft aren't stupid, this is the start of moving towards better quality and tighter experiences.

Bebe

This is exactly why newer entries in the series are without any direction and consequences, and the only challenge is amount of clutter stuff to collect around the world.

You can now kill cyclopses, minotaurs, while in AC II which had original dev team working on it, you fought historical Borgia family and Ezio got stabbed while assasinating one of their family members. Borgias fight back, and kill your family members and it takes time to even master more basic stuff. Assassins were not Avengers ffs.

Not even minotaur and cyclops could teleport. It's almost cheating. In next game you'll probably be able to assassinate Godzilla. Best game in the world.
Historical realism is what drew me to AC at the beginning of the series. Reading this stuff (I played some of Origins but otherwise haven't touched the series for a decade) is utterly depressing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Historical realism is what drew me to AC at the beginning of the series. Reading this stuff (I played some of Origins but otherwise haven't touched the series for a decade) is utterly depressing.
I hear ya on this, not everything is lost though. I gotta give it to Mirage, the city is loud and animated.

Perhaps not crowded as much like in Unity, still much more alive than Odyssey & Valhalla.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
People still play Assassin's Creed...
Yup, but I always wait for them to go on sale. And typically they release this time of year so come BF/Xmas/NY it’ll be significantly discounted

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Her voice can be an acquired taste but she's actually a pretty celebrated actress: Shohreh Aghdashloo. Chrisjen Avasarala from The Expanse, among (many) other things.

She plays the part well but yes it does grate on me a little bit.

Was thinking of putting the language to Arabic n having English subtitles.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Loving it. Playing it on Ubisoft + on xbox for 15 pounds a month is a great deal, because I can complete it within a month.
Nice. I bought it on Thursday, was going to wait but I couldn't stop thinking about it all day so went and bought it. Not played it yet though as I want to finish Cyberpunk first.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The story is making zero sense to me, don't know if I'm just thick but it seems to be overcomplicating itself then just telling you to stab someone and that's it. Rinse and repeat, the story just isn't clicking for me, it's as if the writers have had some amazing idea in their heads but haven't translated it well into the game.

Tyrion

The story is making zero sense to me, don't know if I'm just thick but it seems to be overcomplicating itself then just telling you to stab someone and that's it. Rinse and repeat, the story just isn't clicking for me, it's as if the writers have had some amazing idea in their heads but haven't translated it well into the game.
Are they still bothering with the modern day animus thing?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Are they still bothering with the modern day animus thing?
Doesn't appear to be so far. About 6-7 hours in too so looks like they've maybe ditched it?

Think there was a voiceover at the start relating to it but nothing since, haven't had to play any modern day parts anyway.

Tyrion

Doesn't appear to be so far. About 6-7 hours in too so looks like they've maybe ditched it?

Think there was a voiceover at the start relating to it but nothing since, haven't had to play any modern day parts anyway.
I'm glad. That was never anyone's favourite. I still remember in one of the original few games, I finished the main story and was then released from the animus and found about 50 emails on a computer that I apparently was supposed to be checking over the whole story. I just hadn't bothered leaving the animus once.

Ubisoft is a joke though. They've spent about a decade trying to make a pirate game and Black flag is still the best one.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'm glad. That was never anyone's favourite. I still remember in one of the original few games, I finished the main story and was then released from the animus and found about 50 emails on a computer that I apparently was supposed to be checking over the whole story. I just hadn't bothered leaving the animus once.

Ubisoft is a joke though. They've spent about a decade trying to make a pirate game and Black flag is still the best one.
Mirage is ok at best, deffo should be around £20 though.

Combat is terrible, you're an assassin but you're also the slowest man alive, you basically run like Harry Maguire so it's close to impossible to outrun the bad dudes once you get seen.

The assassinations are hit an miss, if the dude moves 1mm away from the location you swing your sword and then start a proper fight ffs.

No double kills yet either, no 2 blades. You get some mad teleport kill which you can do 2-4 at a time I think, but that's stupid.

I'd recommend most to wait for the inevitable ps plus freebie, or get it at a bargain price in a month or so.

RedDevilRoshi

Mirage is ok at best, deffo should be around £20 though.

Combat is terrible, you're an assassin but you're also the slowest man alive, you basically run like Harry Maguire so it's close to impossible to outrun the bad dudes once you get seen.

The assassinations are hit an miss, if the dude moves 1mm away from the location you swing your sword and then start a proper fight ffs.

No double kills yet either, no 2 blades. You get some mad teleport kill which you can do 2-4 at a time I think, but that's stupid.

I'd recommend most to wait for the inevitable ps plus freebie, or get it at a bargain price in a month or so.
:lol::lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
:lol: this is stupid.

Womans husband recently died and her son is missing, so instead of saying "yo want me to go find your son and kill anyone who has kidnapped him" you say "hey want me to go get some flowers for your husband's grave so then you might trust me enough to allow me to look for your son". feck off :lol: