Gaming New Daily Doddle

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
@MancFanFromManc is it borked? doesn't work for me as when I select a circle nothing happens
Damn. This is the first bug that's been reported and a few others have had it as well. Unfortunately the only way round it is to pick a cell of the grid (prob best to use the bottom right?), then you'll be able to continue, but that cell will say "undefined" and wont score anything. It should be fine after that. We'll fix this soon

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Damn. This is the first bug that's been reported and a few others have had it as well. Unfortunately the only way round it is to pick a cell of the grid (prob best to use the bottom right?), then you'll be able to continue, but that cell will say "undefined" and wont score anything. It should be fine after that. We'll fix this soon
yep that worked, cheers

really enjoy the game, nice one

Red Stone

3rd on the rankings now, every score above 70. The two leaders must have some outrageous consistency. Now I know what if feels like to be every footballer that's not Ronaldo or Messi in the last 20 years.

Big Andy

Bloke
3rd on the rankings now, every score above 70. The two leaders must have some outrageous consistency. Now I know what if feels like to be every footballer that's not Ronaldo or Messi in the last 20 years.
I was number 1 for a while, but then had a couple of shockers on the bounce and went down to 70th, back up to 17th now, but hover around the 55-65 scores most of the time, with the odd outlier when I get lucky/unlucky with Q's and U's.

MancFanFromManc

I was number 1 for a while, but then had a couple of shockers on the bounce and went down to 70th, back up to 17th now, but hover around the 55-65 scores most of the time, with the odd outlier when I get lucky/unlucky with Q's and U's.
Ha, good man. I wondered who was keeping me off the top spot!! I'm down to 10th now, so we must've been joined by some top wordsmiths

We had one day where we had two Q's and one U. Someone told me about it before I had my go so managed to use them both. Not quite cheating, more "using the information I was given" ;-)

Big Andy

Bloke
As of yesterday I was back up to 10th, had a couple of 80+ in a row which was nice. If I'd had the V with 2 letters to go instead of as the last letter, I'd have had an even higher score.

Not had my go today yet, in meetings all day (I'm actually posting this during it) so I'll do it later when I can concentrate.

MancFanFromManc

As of yesterday I was back up to 10th, had a couple of 80+ in a row which was nice. If I'd had the V with 2 letters to go instead of as the last letter, I'd have had an even higher score.

Not had my go today yet, in meetings all day (I'm actually posting this during it) so I'll do it later when I can concentrate.
Some nice letters today. Make sure you make use of the K :angel: #tipoftheday

Big Andy

Bloke
Some nice letters today. Make sure you make use of the K :angel: #tipoftheday
My tactic is to put my high value letters in a corner, with vowels placed in the first column after the corner either side of the high value letter.

The dream is to get a 3x3 word grid with every letter used twice. It's only happened once for me though and a complete fluke, as an example

K I P
I C E
P E R

Red Stone

My tactic is to put my high value letters in a corner, with vowels placed in the first column after the corner either side of the high value letter.

The dream is to get a 3x3 word grid with every letter used twice. It's only happened once for me though and a complete fluke, as an example

K I P
I C E
P E R
This is my tactic too, although I'll put the first K. V or Z in the middle and try to make words like 'bake', 'like', 'size' and 'daze'. The vowels at the bottom and on the right are almost always an E as long as I can get them. So many short words end with a silent E, so it makes it so much easier to get a nice doubled-up 3x3 grid like you've made. The only letter I don't aim to use in the 3x3 is Q. Getting a U isn't a certainty, and even then you need too much to fall into the right place for it to be worth it. I just throw it in the top left corner and hope I can make 'quo' or something with the spare letters.

Big Andy

Bloke
Which one of you is Red Stone or Ruud?

I'm guessing both of them are on here. Red Stone in top spot, me in 3rd and Ruud 4th.

MancFanFromManc

I didn't make good use of the K.
Luck of the draw. You need high scoring letters early to make the most of them. Nothing worse than getting a K, Z or Q in the last couple

I agree that getting them early and putting them on the left somewhere (top, or middle left ideally) is a good tactic

Another tip that works well for me to aim for 3 letter words that can be expanded, e.g. HUG can make HUGE. The holy grail for me is to then makes words that go through the middle of the grid, e.g. AGE or ICE, that really boosts your score

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I'm constantly getting q's, and the other day the only vowels I got were three o's I swear, couple that with a q and you are going to be struggling :lol:

Big Andy

Bloke
I've had a terrible week tbh, the letters have been terrible.

Still, better to shine bright for a short time then never to shine at all.

Big Andy

Bloke
Saying that, steady 75 today to take me back into top 35 after a drop into the 70’s

Big Andy

Bloke
Would've been a great score today had I used my A and my U in each others spaces. Gutting when an X is your last letter out instead of the first, so you can't place it strategically.

Turns out MUX and TIX aren't words, but TUX and MAX would've been great.

MancFanFromManc

Would've been a great score today had I used my A and my U in each others spaces. Gutting when an X is your last letter out instead of the first, so you can't place it strategically.

Turns out MUX and TIX aren't words, but TUX and MAX would've been great.
That is seriously unlucky! I love an X, but as you say you need it early on

Big Andy

Bloke
Good tactic to remain at the top by NOT playing. You'll be knocked off top spot soon though as it takes your averages from the last 2 months. I should've taken a break when I climbed to 2nd, I've plummeted since :houllier:
And me. Not had a good few weeks