New Fantasy Draft

Cal?

CR7 fan
I might have been affected by the 1st half was just saw, but here goes:

Chicharito

Cal?

CR7 fan
Always a good idea to pick United players, afterall, the voters will be mostly United fans. :)

arjwiz

For the drafting process maybe we could give out email addresses (to the mods if people dont feel comfortable otherwise) so we can inform the participants when it is their turn to pick
Sounds like a good idea.

By the way, anyone interested in being a scout to discuss team options / pick players, just drop me a PM! :)

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Damn I was gonna pick Chicha

Ill go with Germany's WC 2010 top scorer and Bayern hit man

Thomas Mueller

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Two of the names on my list there. I was hoping Mueller might have gone unnoticed a bit longer, but still plenty of fish in the sea.

MalteseRedDevil

the established players will be gobbled up in the 1st two rounds. No use despairing when your 2nd pick gets selected by someone else

Cal?

CR7 fan
Would have thought people will build from the back instead of starting upfront.
My observation of the voting pattern in previous fantasy drafts indicate that people value balanced sides.

MalteseRedDevil

balance is crucial but it is also important to get the best players as quickly as possible. Balance can be considered after the 1st 2 rounds of voting

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The talent pool is heavily skewered to the attacking side though, might just be me, but I can hardly think of more than 10 prominent defenders that fit your criteria.

Edit: Bloody hell, Messi's still fecking young :eek:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Just a suggestion, to speed things along, what do you guys think about picking 2-3 players each round after the first 4-5 rounds? By that stage, I'm guessing the order won't matter as much, it'd be more to do with how much you know about young players.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Just a suggestion, to speed things along, what do you guys think about picking 2-3 players each round after the first 4-5 rounds? By that stage, I'm guessing the order won't matter as much, it'd be more to do with how much you know about young players.

Sounds like a good idea, I don't have a problem.

GingerPrince11

I am okay with that. If others disagree, at least do that for the last round/after 11 rounds.

who's turn is it anyways? someone should PM him/her?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Next up is Desert Eagle, he still has about 18 hours...

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose

Its a good idea in theory but could get messy later on if peoples picks get stolen long before they get to make theirs

I'm not really in any rush to finish the draft so I wouldn't mind taking it slow

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Maybe give people 6 hours to make their pick? I know it might be a bit harsh on people who are busy but it doesnt take more than a minute.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
I think as long as we are emailing each other when its the next persons turn it should move pretty smoothly

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
just for reference since i never said, but my AM/Scout is sajeev.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Good idea to try and speed it up - I would suggest you dont bother with subs either and just get First XI done or you will be here until Xmas.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I dont think subs is really an option. Lets face it that with 16 teams picking 11 players each thats 176 players already. After that it is just going to be picking any name ending in "ho" or "ez" to try to impress the caftard voters.

arjwiz

I too think 11 players are enough, and 12 hours between picks are a minimum. What' s the worst that can happen if you are a few hours late? You get a couple of guys predicting before you, that's all. You can still predict at any time.

I don't think predicting 2-3 at a time at the end is a great idea. the ones at the end have a huge disadvantage if 30 odd players are already chosen before them. Doesn't make much of a difference to me personally since I'm right at the centre of the pack, but the ones at the extremes will be affected.