New Stadium or Revamp Old Trafford

Would you rather a new stadium or rebuild Old Trafford?

• New stadium

Votes: 732 51.7%
  • Rebuild Old Trafford

Votes: 685 48.3%

• Total voters

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Unfortunately Old Trafford needs to be levelled. The Glazers have allowed it to rot. It's now a kip, I'm sorry. Some of the videos today are unreal. A new stadium is needed.

Sylar

People missing the big picture

Raincoats and umbrellas gonna be sold as part of the match day experience. Real authentic manchester experience

PaulRich

Theres a decent photo in the Mail that looks like its the drainage and guttering systems that are fecked rather than the roof itself.

Suv666

Roofs leaking and team in the gutter
Lowest point in decades for the club

Cloud7

It's a travesty what the Glazers have allowed to happen to the stadium. I hate those orcs so much. Truly I hate them more than it should be possible to hate people you've never met

Giggsyking

I changed my vote to new. This satdium does not look safe. The fecking leaches need to feck off the club.

pauldyson1uk

The leaking and the waterfalls we all saw on TV are not an unsafe stadium , after all they need a current safety cert to open, they are basic maintenance issues and have been for a while.
The stadium needs money spending on it, first priority is getting the roof sorted, but its not just the stadium , I have read that Carrington needs money spending also.
The cost of a new state of the art stadium is huge, Spurs new one cost £1B, with the cost of stuff now, I think you could easy double that, who has that money, would INOS pay it, I have my doubts.
Something needs to be done, we are a laughing stock on and off the pitch and TBH I dont see either changing for a good few years.

Judas

Open to offers
Unbelievably sad to see whats become of the ground. I hope, in the next few months we really take steps into sorting out this huge mess, its genuinely embarrassing now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Brilliant. I love the fact this is happening when ratcliffe and brailsford are present. They must be wondering what the hell they have gotten themselves into! ;)
Makes you wonder.
The job gets bigger each week.
New team, new manager, new stadium and maybe a new training complex.

Danny

The leaking and the waterfalls we all saw on TV are not an unsafe stadium , after all they need a current safety cert to open, they are basic maintenance issues and have been for a while.
The stadium needs money spending on it, first priority is getting the roof sorted, but its not just the stadium , I have read that Carrington needs money spending also.
The cost of a new state of the art stadium is huge, Spurs new one cost £1B, with the cost of stuff now, I think you could easy double that, who has that money, would INOS pay it, I have my doubts.
Something needs to be done, we are a laughing stock on and off the pitch and TBH I dont see either changing for a good few years.
I work in facilities and it really is basic maintenance matters for the most part of what is needed with stadium repairs. I would suggest that the statutory maintenance is being carried out as the minimum just because they must.

Carrington appears to be dated too and should be best in class, or close.

Everything from the roof to a lick of paint in the concourse areas needs addressing and it really shouldn't be such a hardship. I guess they aren't doing it now though because what's the point if we are getting a new stadium or waiting for the improvement plans.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Sure, if it cost a few grand to fix. I'd imagine it's not that easy though so why spend a significant amount when there's a good chance we're building a new stadium.
Because any new stadium is years away. It's blatantly obvious the long overdue repair work is needed immediately and the cause will probably just get worse and worse if left untreated. At £250k+ a pop the cost of the Glazer's luxury private jets to Wembley would be a good starting point for the repair works fund. Still, it's only match going fans that are affected so who gives a toss.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The parasites let this great stadium rot away.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I see a few saying there is no point in doing the repair work if we are getting new stadium

But Any new stadium is going to be minimum 5 years away - that's the problem of the minority ownership, things will not change quickly

So in the meantime significant investment is still needed at Old Trafford

stevoc

To my, uneducated builder’s eye, that looks more like a design flaw than simply a leaking roof.
It probably is at least in part, David Gill said in a recent interview that the roofs had problems with leaks since it was built. But no one focused on it as the club was successful.

stevoc

I see a few saying there is no point in doing the repair work if we are getting new stadium

But Any new stadium is going to be minimum 5 years away - that's the problem of the minority ownership, things will not change quickly

My guess is if we are getting a new stadium it won't be for a decade at least.

Spoony

The People's President
It probably is at least in part, David Gill said in a recent interview that the roofs had problems with leaks since it was built. But no one focused on it as the club was successful.

Issue was with the drainage at bottom of roof, that said you don't expect leaks in the dressing room regardless of how torrential the rain is. Bad optics and all.

Dan_F

I’m not sure what you’re classing as significant, sorting the drainage shouldn’t be a massive investment. Even then, how often are we going to see rain that bad in the next five years? I think it leaked majorly last year and then previously in 2019. Hardly worth spending millions fixing *if* we’re getting a new stadium.

alexanderplatz

SJR needs to be careful with how he handles this. He’s spent the past week having a go at the regular staff and they will rightfully point to the very top of the organisation that led to the images we saw yesterday on and off the pitch. All well and good talking about tidiness but don’t keep your mouth shut on the shameful neglect of United’s facilities by the Glazers.

I'm not a buyer of the idea that OT is falling down but it needs work. Fixing the roof is an extensive repair job apparently but the club let it get this far so they should have to deal with the economic consequences. Unfortunately that would mean that fans holding STs in those sections may have their tickets frozen for a season because the stand can’t be accessed

Tom Van Persie

No relation
SJR needs to be careful with how he handles this. He’s spent the past week having a go at the regular staff and they will rightfully point to the very top of the organisation that led to the images we saw yesterday on and off the pitch. All well and good talking about tidiness but don’t keep your mouth shut on the shameful neglect of United’s facilities by the Glazers.

I'm not a buyer of the idea that OT is falling down but it needs work. Fixing the roof is an extensive repair job apparently but the club let it get this far so they should have to deal with the economic consequences. Unfortunately that would mean that fans holding STs in those sections may have their tickets frozen for a season because the stand can’t be accessed
Which has nothing to do with Ratcliffe. And he acknowledged how much of a mess the stadium is by his actions. Ratcliffe walked through the door and instantly assembled a team headed by Sebastian Coe to explore a new stadium project. That tells you everything you need to know.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I was in the rebuild camp, but a "Wembley of the north" is very appealing. I think it's utterly ridiculous with the state of public transport that people are expected to trek down to Wembley for a semi and final.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
New stadium is the way to go. Revamp would just extend the expiry date by few more years. Sentimental values are all valid but at the end of the day its humongous amounts of money, and we can’t afford to waste it again

I was in the rebuild camp, but a "Wembley of the north" is very appealing. I think it's utterly ridiculous with the state of public transport that people are expected to trek down to Wembley for a semi and final.
Would Wembley/The FA allow it though?

Old Trafford is a prime spot still for semi finals but semi finals at Wembley are a big money maker for the FA, that’s why we have them there sadly.