Kick-off
Sun, 2 April 2023 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NLunited

I've got this horrible nagging feeling... I felt the same way shortly before the Liverpool game (and predicted a 4-0 loss!). If we go into our "not turning mode" or have a bad 30/40 minutes, we'll got stuffed again. I see this game (and midweek against Brentford) as absolutely vital for finishing top four. Four points (and then getting something at Brighton when that's rearranged) could be the morale-booster that gets us there.

But, as I said, I have this awful feeling...
    Mate, it’s ok. Every game could be like that until we get more consistent. They could carve us open like an overcooked turkey.

Enjoy the game :devil:

NLunited

I agree we will win, but not at all like the Cup Final. I’m hoping to see the end of the running-on-fumes phase, and see control, organisation and measured pressure crush the oppos. This could be helped by the likes of Maxima running down blind alleys. He always strikes me as the kind of player who would be amazing with a bit of structure added to his game.
    Wait, they signed the hot Dutch princess?

Suv666

We haven’t been the same after the Liverpool game. Must win this, otherwise top four
    becomes a bit precarious.
    If we win today I’m confident of a top four finish.

Marcus

We haven’t been the same after the Liverpool game. Must win this, otherwise top four
    becomes a bit precarious.
    If we win today I’m confident of a top four finish.
    Neither have Liverpool. :lol:

Parma Dewol

Thank goodness the international break is over. Huge game today, nerves starting to kick in already. Come on United!

El-Manos

We some how have to get passed this mentality of “without casamiro we loose”

We played 3 games in his last suspension. 2 wins and a draw. Surely there is enough quality in the squad to manage without Cas.

Personally id play Martinez in front of a Back 4 with Shaw at CB but ETH doesnt seem to favour this so, Sabitzer, Fred, MCT , Mainoo, Bruno, possibly Erikson.. 3 of those 6 it is.

we were not great v Southampton but hadn't we played away in Spain 2 days earlier And been playing 3 games a week with little rotation for months.

Now we have had a rest, lets get some good form back starting with a win here.
    Seriously dude…. he’s only been playing in the premier league for the last decade.

Cathy Ferguson

We were toss against Fulham for the most part. Absolutely.

We definitely need to see a more controlling and competent performance. We've been getting away with it for weeks.

Hope we are recharged and at it.
    McFred and or Sabitzer cannot control Newcastle at St James's. That would be a huge surprise. We have to rely on Rashford on the counter.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    Probably seeing we have injuries and Casemiro is not there either
    Rashford's ok? Tony Martial's back so he should get 30 minutes or so. No problems with the defence. Only big miss is Casemiro. We should still smash them. If anything, a draw would be the favoured result.

Telsim

One of those pivotal games that can decide a season. Lose this and Top 4 will start dissolving in the distance like a desert mirage.

kidbob

We've been pretty shit for a few games now understandably, with all the games we've had. Hopefully ETH is smart enough to sit back and hit them on the break. For me we need pure Ole ball to win this game.

Edit: win this and top 4 is basically done in my opinion.

Chief123

I've got this horrible nagging feeling... I felt the same way shortly before the Liverpool game (and predicted a 4-0 loss!). If we go into our "not turning mode" or have a bad 30/40 minutes, we'll got stuffed again. I see this game (and midweek against Brentford) as absolutely vital for finishing top four. Four points (and then getting something at Brighton when that's rearranged) could be the morale-booster that gets us there.

But, as I said, I have this awful feeling...
    To be fair, your feelings would have us relegated with the lowest premier league points total ever.

miked99

I just can't see us winning this somehow. We just aren't convincing away from home and even when we play well we don't put teams to bed often enough, allowing them back in.

Just had a look at the results from Feb/March to see if my feelings were in fact based on reality, and I was shocked to discover that of our last 14 fixtures, only 4 have been away.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    Not to be negative but I’ve got a nagging feeling this is going to be one of those games where we get stuffed.

newcastle will be up for it after we beat them in the final. Could be a Brentford type game like the start of the season.

Faetheshire86

De Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Varane Martinez Shaw
    McTominay Sabitzer
    Antony Fernandes Rashford
    Weghorst​
    This feels like the XI for me. Only real question is the midfield two. Both have had very good international breaks. I think McTominay matches up well to Joelinton's physicality. Sabitzer can help build up play from the back, but that feels like the worry with no Eriksen or Casemiro.

If we do struggle to control the play, then I can see us quickly swapping to Rashford at the #9, Weghorst at #10, Bruno out wide and going much more direct. We could see some joy with Rashford's pace in behind their defence and going direct to Weghorst at the #10 with McTominay and Sabitzer attempting to counter press higher up the field.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    That‘s a bit mental imo.
    They've lost one home game all season when Pope was sent off early against Liverpool. They go above us if they win, surprised people are underestimating them.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    While this would be infuriating if team is getting leaked again, this is like saying Ronaldo plays for that Saudi club now.

It's literally our 4 most consistent starters (when fit) all season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Rashford Weghorst Antony
    Bruno McTominay Sancho
    Shaw Martinez Varane Wan-Bissaka
    De Gea

Rashford Weghorst Antony
    Bruno Sancho
    Shaw McTominay
    Martinez Varane Wan-Bissaka
    De Gea​

Betson

Has the feeling of a big game today , one of our rivals for top 4.

Need to put in a performance here. Our away record against the bigger teams this season has been abyssal. Need to start showing we can handle the pressure of these big away games.

NLunited

We are going to stuff them. We have Bruno and Rashford. Have faith.

croadyman

Did Martial and Sabitzer travel as apparently they weren't seen arriving at airport

A-man

Varane & Sabitzer should be fine, Rashford joined team training late this week but is expected to be fit. Martial is available for selection.

Botman & Pope are expected to be playing. No mention of Saint-Maximin in Howe’s presser so I guess he’s also fine. Gordon is touch and go.
    Thanks for the updates! Seems like most of the doubtful ones are available to be picked then :) This will be an exciting match!

HarryP

Not a must win game, not even a must not lose game.

It'd be a must win game if we were in Liverpool's position, but we're not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 216 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw