Next Arsenal Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

vangagal

So they've actually done the Arsenal equivalent of "Give it to Giggseh".
I dont think Arteta is that important player from their ranks. Whats make him suddenly become contender is because he's part of Guardiola's team coach and cheap option among others.

prateik

Wonder why they forced Arsene out if they didnt have someone lined up...
Surely Arteta wasnt plan A.. If he was, then its one hell of a gamble.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think the idea is to give more power to Sven Mislintat, maybe thats possible only with up and coming managers. I dont mind the distribution of responsibilities among more than just a single manager especially after suffering through Wenger, who seemed to have too much involvement in all aspects of the club.
Chelski model then.

R'hllor

If they appoint Arteta, maybe he would do great there but somehow doubt board was thinking the same when they look Arteta, more like lets try him, he would be so grateful to get a chance in such a club that he wont dare to rock the boat by demanding X amount of money for transfers etc. Also you could easily enforce DoF type of person on such a appointment.

T A

Nagelsmann > Arteta. I'll worry a bit if Arsenal can really get the former, i do rate him

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I'm starting to think this is all about Gazidis' power play to make a name for himself. He's greatest accomplishment was as the guy Wenger allowed to be his "boss".
Gazidis it feels like wants to establish his own legacy. Can't do that with a Allegri or Jardim who are already established and proven names.
But with Arteta, if it works out then Gazidis drops the mic and appears a genius.
If it doesn't then Gazidis spins it as a "bold move" and "taking risks".

Also as mentioned, Arteta is unlikely to make demands of Gazidis being so green so again Gazidis gets more attention and hype.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I don't think they can get Nagelsmann otherwise Bayern would've snagged him already but going for Arteta is a huge risk given that the club is already in decline. Now isn't really the time to be taking risks with hiring managers with no experience. People can point to Nageslmann being a risk but he's taking his small and unfancied team to two consecutive top 4 positions, which is a massive acheivement; certainly a much smaller risk than Arteta.

Arsenal have to break the bank to bring in someone like Allegri, Jardim etc. Someone with experience who can steady their falling ship, signing Arteta, for whom no one has any idea how he'l manage a team, can send the club into mid-table mediocrity if it turns out he is out of his depth.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Since when was Arteta such a personification of Arsenal, anyway?

T A

I’m delighted the Nagelsmann links are getting stronger. It needs to happen, he’s a perfect fit - more so than anyone else in my opinion. He only lacks experience.
The fact Arsenal are having a large group of Bundesliga former players in their current squad will help Nagelsmann a lot. Koslasinac, Xhaka, Micki and Auba plus German fellows Mustafi + Ozil, he'll find no problem adapting and applying his ideas to the team. Also i'm really impressed in his big game record given Hoffenheim's limited resources

AlwaysRed66

Reported in Evening Standard that 'Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang says he joined the club in the belief Wenger would stay on as manager "for years' Oh dear, not going to end well. I hardly think Arteta gives of the effect as Wenger.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Leonardo Jardim ticks all those boxes and he's actually got managerial experience and has won trophies. But I guess he isn't cheap enough.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So.. it seems like They actually consider Arteta as a candidate.
I didn't believe it at first, not after what Moyes had done to us.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
There's barely a manager out there who doesn't tick those boxes .
There's plenty of managers that play attritional football.
Reported in Evening Standard that 'Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang says he joined the club in the belief Wenger would stay on as manager "for years' Oh dear, not going to end well. I hardly think Arteta gives of the effect as Wenger.
So PEA thought a 69 year old manager was going to stay on "for years". Yeah, thats believable.

Skills

Snitch
So.. it seems like They actually consider Arteta as a candidate.
I didn't believe it at first, not after what Moyes had done to us.
Tbf arteta is unknown goods. Moyes was well established mediocre goods.

red_de_pologne

I can't believe they would actually go for Arteta with zero experience.. he was what joint assistant manager at City for 2 years? He was more of a figure at Everton than he was at Arsenal

Castia

This is a huge job not only does the new manager have to reshape the club after 20 years of Wenger but the squad needs a rebuild, why on earth do they think Arteta is the guy to do that?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
If they get Arteta it’d be a bold move, but he’s a smart fella and was an intelligent player.

The initial meltdown from Arse fans will be funny though.

TsuWave

Since when was Arteta such a personification of Arsenal, anyway?
no lie, i have been so confused about this. I associate Arteta with Everton but i'm on the internet seeing people acting like he's an Arsenal legend and its so weird to me.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think the idea is to give more power to Sven Mislintat, maybe thats possible only with up and coming managers. I dont mind the distribution of responsibilities among more than just a single manager especially after suffering through Wenger, who seemed to have too much involvement in all aspects of the club.
Doesnt that just mean Sven Mislintat has too much power instead of the manager

Zlatattack

Wow - they're having their own Moyes moment! I reckon they've got a tiny transfer budget and so all the reputable managers are turning it down. Why would you want Wengers quagmire?

Jacko21

Would Everton have considered hiring Arteta? You know, since he spent six years there too.

He must've made quite the impression at Arsenal. Feels all a bit 'well, Guardiola clearly rates him so...'

Would be toss of a coin whether he succeeds or not. And given that Arsenal need to be back in the Champions League ASAP, it seems something of an unnecessary gamble. They can't allow themselves to become Europa League regulars. It's damaging.

Perhaps they're struggling for options with the financial restrictions they are imposing. Anyone is gettable if you chuck enough money at them.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Doesnt that just mean Sven Mislintat has too much power instead of the manager
From the time he's been brought in Sven has got PEA, Mkhi and a young defender - Mavropanos. It would seem that he's been running the transfers even when Wenger was there. So who knows, maybe the club wants to give a lot of authority to Mislintat.

crossy1686

career ending
I can't believe they would actually go for Arteta with zero experience.. he was what joint assistant manager at City for 2 years? He was more of a figure at Everton than he was at Arsenal
Apparently he was constantly being asked by his Arsenal team mates when was he going into management as they were all impressed with his tactical knowledge and personal skills when he was at the club. That would explain why he is being linked still, left quite an impression apparently.

Alabaster Codify7

Gazidis forgot to add the most important ticky-boxy...

Won't demand money and will be happy to be there.

Welcome, Arsenal, to the hell we almost sank fully into! Your 'Giveitgiggsehtilendo'tseason' moment has arrived........

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If I was an Arsenal fan, it's the reasons they are after Arteta that would worry me. Rather than Arteta himself.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What’s someone as inexperienced as Arteta going to do with their rumoured budget of £50 million plus sales?

I think they’ll have a poor season with him in charge. He’s not what they need to compete with Guardiola, Mourinho, Pochettino, Klopp and whoever Chelsea bring in.

Status
Not open for further replies.