g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corridor of Uncertainty

It would probably be deemed as plastic but I’ll be right there with you. I just can’t get excited for the next season with him, and will just be patiently waiting for him to inevitably get sacked so we could get over our weird infatuation with him.
Same

MUFC OK

How is it so obvious? Because some people on our board rate Poch? Because what you read it on twitter?

I read on twitter that United like the way Ten Hag will approach the squad to build a playstyle

I have read that some people admire Luis Enrique.

So you must have a direct line with the Glazers because its so obvious to you.
For the reasons I listed, do you actually think the board would prefer ETH?

I'm making an assessment based on the reports to date. ETH wants the job and yet we are dragging our heels and taking our time. If he was the right man they could get this tied up.

Todays reports hint that Poch is who it will be. Of course there will be things they say they like about ETH, doesn't mean he will be appointed though.

SATA

Or perhaps the club is sounding out Enrique and he’s taking a couple of weeks on this international break to decide what he wants to do after the world cup after listening to United’s proposal? You know, human beings need some time to make major decisions in their lives

Womp

idiot

I'm making an assessment based on the reports to date. ETH wants the job and yet we are dragging our heels and taking our time. If he was the right man they could get this tied up.

Todays reports hint that Poch is who it will be. Of course there will be things they say they like about ETH, doesn't mean he will be appointed though.
Because for once they may not want to rush into a decision? They have time. Also, what reports, exactly?

Greck

It would probably be deemed as plastic but I’ll be right there with you. I just can’t get excited for the next season with him, and will just be patiently waiting for him to inevitably get sacked so we could get over our weird infatuation with him.
Without even waiting one freaking game this is the same as "if I don't get my preferred candidate I will stop supporting". Maybe first give it a chance to even begin showing signs of fail before rooting for the sack. Were you rooting for ETH this time last year? What if he wasn't available and we couldn't pick him? The world will continue turning with or without him.

Nero

It's funny when people create scenarios in their own head, and then get angry about them.

Infra-red

They are waiting for Poch, aren’t they ?
Also, I don’t know why people are praising this approach of united board interviewing different managers. To me this says they are absolutely clueless about this whole process. They don’t have a Scooby doo what they want to do regarding the football side of the things and and are more interested in who will fit in their profile, the type they want.

If you are serious about football and building the club only then we don’t see that much confusion. You move Rangnick upstairs , give him the power and you go and get ten hag. If not then you hire Poch, maintain status quo and hope he wins you stuff whilst keep on prioritising other things.
I don't have any issue with them interviewing managers - a proper recruitment process will give the club a chance to complete a comparative evaluation of the respective candidates' suitability for the role. It should also mean that the club and the new manager both enter into the situation with a clear understanding of what each party can expect from one another.

Unnecessary procrastination should be avoided, though. The club has often been criticised for its painfully slow decision making - it cannot afford to make those mistakes here.

romufc

Good for PR and get us into top 4 consistently with low signings. Does that mean ETH is not capable of getting us top 4?

Also, it is also reported ETH doesn't care about budget, so why does that rule in favour or Poch and not ETH?

So you are believing todays reports hinting to Poch but rubbishing reports last week that hinted to ETH? So the club says they like ETH but wont appoint him, yet if they say they like Poch, it means they will appoint him?

MUFC OK

They are waiting for Poch, aren’t they ?
Certainly seems that way and its what many of us have always suspected. The eventual media briefs on why he was selected will be hilarious.

Poch and Kane would show that we have learnt nothing and are destined to stay in this loop for the next few years. Would be an indication that nothing has changed.

Nikelesh Reddy

I agree Ten Hag's achievements aren't on the level of Jose and Fergie's but that doesn't mean they still aren't impressive and should be immediately dismissed. It's fine if you don't think Ten Hag is the right candidate which i guess means your preferred candidate is either Enrique or Poch? If it's Enrique then that would also be a very good appointment but it doesn't seem like we want to wait til December to hire him.

If it's Poch yes he has Premier League experience and did a very good job at Spurs both domestically and in Europe but has been under par at PSG. You could argue it's a poisoned chalice as the club is a mess with no clear playing style, over inflated egos and huge contracts. But so are we in all those departments which is the only thing i have against Poch. Us and PSG are more similar than we'd maybe like to admit but i don't think he's done a good enough job there to show he could do a good enough job here in the same circumstances.

I think you were a little too over the top in your first post which is why others and myself reacted the way we did. But at the end of the day we all want United to be successful and whoever they decide to appoint will have my backing. But in my opinion Ten Hag's achievements should at least have him in the running for the job and since he's been interviewed the club seem to agree. Is the job too soon for him or is it too big of a jump maybe, but at some point he will get snapped up by a bigger club.
My choice would be Pochettino.In my opinion the job that he did at Tottenham was truly remarkable.Taking Spurs to a CL final is probably as impressive as taking Ajax to a CL semi final.Plus under him Tottenham finished in the top 4 for 4(or was it 5?) seasons in a row…He even finished a season with 84 points if I”m not mistaken.

In my opinion he was never really the right fit for PSG.Pochettino is a nurturer,he’s a man who needs time and space to build a football club incrementally but progressively.PSG was the wrong club for a manager with his attributes and style….I guess he joined PSG out of desperation,I think he was out of work for a while so he made that choice.

But I don’t think that we are like PSG at all.PSG sack managers who fail to win the CL,we Sack managers who fail to qualify for the CL,so that’s a huge difference right there!Give Pochettino time and give him the resources….He”ll do a terrific job.

Real Name

You believe all the reports out there. If there was a report about ETH not wanting the job and the board cooling of Pochettino would you believe it?

Also from where all this Kane stuff comes from?

romufc

You believe all the reports out there. If there was a report about ETH not wanting the job and the board cooling of Pochettino would you believe it?

Its obvious how this works.

Fans complain about clickbait and United name being used, but those will be the fans who believe the clickbait the most :lol: :lol:

MUFC OK

The factors in favour of Poch are stronger imo.
1. Fact the club has always wanted him
2. Fact he is great friends with SAF
3. Fact he is supposedly the 'players choice'.
4. They way he talked about a potential PSG exit earlier in the season.

Kaos

Without even waiting one freaking game this is the same as "if I don't get my preferred candidate I will stop supporting". Maybe first give it a chance to even begin showing signs of fail before rooting for the sack. Were you rooting for ETH this time last year? What if he wasn't available and we couldn't pick him? The world will continue turning with or without him.
I won’t stop supporting, I’d just go into next season with very little expectation or enthusiasm. If he proves me wrong and we end up building something exciting then that’s great and I’ll happily put my hand up and admit I was foolish. But otherwise I’m resigned to us not progressing.

L1nk

Multiple reports for many many years on the love of the board and Sir Alex for Pochettino and their efforts to get him previously

Multiple reports from credible sources including Laurie Whitwell, Fabrizio Romano and David Ornstein on us interviewing Ten Hag and 2 others but waiting and waiting with nothing even remotely imminent

The CAF - "People love to make stuff up and get angry about it"

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Multiple reports for many many years on the love of the board and Sir Alex for Pochettino and their efforts to get him previously

Multiple reports from credible sources including Laurie Whitwell, Fabrizio Romano and David Ornstein on us interviewing Ten Hag and 2 others but waiting and waiting with nothing even remotely imminent

Take a breather lad.

James35

LVG still bitter but I don’t disagree with him. If anything we are even worse now than 6 years back.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Pretty sure Man city interviewed a 1000 candidates and then decided upon Pep :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Glad I'm not the only one then.

Judas

Open to offers
How plastic would I be if I dont support Pochettino if appointed? Having watched his PsG side, it gives me close to zero confidence in believing that he is the man to take us forward. I wouldn’t be able to get behind him and I am not sure how to feel about that.
Not plastic just weird. I won’t be enthusiastic or excited, I don’t want him, but I’ll want and hope for us to win every game and every trophy as always.

Trex

I have learnt to take a chill pill regarding man utd affairs, don't let football influence you all that.
What ever is beyond my control I let go of.

Banat

Not his biggest fan, but LVG is absolutely spot on.
Our next manager appointment will show have anything changed at all with Woodward gone.

Giggsy13

When Rangnick first took the job, he had mentioned in his first press conference that he could ideally stay a year as the interim manager. While this may not have been in reference to Enrique and his situation with the Spain job, it still would provide a viable solution to having Enrique take over mid-season. Yes we potentially lose a season, but we also get the best manager available based on merit and experience managing at a big club. There is no reason why the club can’t announce that Enrique has the job after the completion of the World Cup nor any reason why Enrique can’t have a say on transfers in the summer when little to no work is being done for Spain’s World Cup preparations.

romufc

Lots of fans wanted Poch many years ago, does it mean the fans still want him?

So do you want journalist to leak when things are imminent or do you want it to be kept inhouse?

ayushreddevil9

Not plastic just weird. I won’t be enthusiastic or excited, I don’t want him, but I’ll want and hope for us to win every game and every trophy as always.
Who said that I would want him to lose? All I meant is that I would not blindly support him if the football is dogshit and we still are camped in our boxes against better sides.

Member 101269

Why rush it? Strange logic, if the process is now taking its due course it means indecision...

So much impatience by our fanbase its unreal.

When did Ole leave? I'll help you, November 2021, we're into the 5th month. You can call it impatience all you want, what is a reasonable length of time?

Foxbatt

Poch who was sacked by Spurs because it was getting into a relegation battle?
That's whom we want. It's not going to change at United. It will be the same as when Ole took over. By the time we sack Poch Ten Hag would have taken over a top club and fighting to win The CL.
We never learn do we?

Member 101269

This has been the story of their lives since SAF retired. They takes ages to make decisions, to sort out transfers, to hire and sack people etc…

They do most things at snail pace. Then they try to make you believe that there is a “process” behind everything. And some people actually believe it. There is no process. They are just slow and incompetent.
There into the 5th month. This process that impacts on summer transfers, prep for next season etc.

MUFC OK

Agree with this, those reports carry a lot more weight than than how they've been impressed by ETH but want to reiterate that nothing is imminent.

I’m resigned to it being Poch and I’m not angry about it, just despondent. It will be quite amusing to see how the club spins this.

It is, in my opinion the wrong appointment and he's not the man to compete with Pep/Klopp or to develop a system and style of play that we clearly lack.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This has been the story of their lives since SAF retired. They takes ages to make decisions, to sort out transfers, to hire and sack people etc…

They do most things at snail pace. Then they try to make you believe that there is a “process” behind everything. And some people actually believe it. There is no process. They are just slow and incompetent.
The stupidest and/or most frustrating thing here is their dumb apologists who go on about 'seeing how things pan out', as if we haven't been seeing the same shitshow for 10 years since Fergie retired and even longer dating back to when the Glazers came in terms of transfers and general (lack of) club management.

Some people just want to believe what they want to believe and no truth, fact or evidence to the contrary will get in their way. Grr, it makes me so angry.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Poch who was sacked by Spurs because it was getting into a relegation battle?
That's whom we want. It's not going to change at United. It will be the same as when Ole took over. By the time we sack Poch Ten Hag would have taken over a top club and fighting to win The CL.
We never learn do we?
With poch we'll be permanently out of top 4.

I hope that fecking happens because that might actually force the snakes i.e., glazers to sell and feck off from here.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The stupidest and/or most frustrating thing here is their dumb apologists who go on about 'seeing how things pan out', as if we haven't been seeing the same shitshow for 10 years since Fergie retired and even longer dating back to when the Glazers came in terms of transfers and general (lack of) club management.

Some people just want to believe what they want to believe and no truth, fact or evidence to the contrary will get in their way. Grr, it makes me so angry.
Is it a problem that they cannot seem to make a decision without asking SAF's opinion? They are going to need to eventually as he will not be around forever. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.