Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurencio

Does anyone have that post that was taken from Reddit a few days ago? It was from the same guy that told everyone to be aware of an up and coming Ten Hag whilst at Utrect, and he wrote other post on how he expects him to get on at United.

Edit:
Nevermind, found it
I know it's meant to shock, but Pierre-Emilie Hojberg is better than what we have :lol:

Trex

Can we do thorough research before signing players like we just did for a manager please!

Banat

The only thing I don't like are these reports of Bayern being his dream job. I know it's a long shot, but I can totally see them trying to poach him after a successful season or two.

Skills

Snitch
Sean Dyche? His brand of football fits right in with the clubs identity. The fanbase would love a tough looking character who they can fantasise about.

Could be a match made in heaven.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It's going to get VERY nasty for the first few months. I'm steeled for absolutely terrible performances and stories in the press until Christmas.

We won't clear house fully this summer and a few players will kid themselves they can adapt to ETH's way of playing or they are so "special" he will make an exception for them.

So there will need to be a second purge of players in the January window. We could even be looking like being drawn into relegation places at that point.

So the fans will need to keep faith. Look for limited spells of play that will be signs of the future.

It will be like watching United's U23 games I suspect. We tend to play younger guys, whilst other teams have more seasoned squad players who out muscle us.

Change is never easy, but it will be worth it.
I wouldn’t say relegation, if we’re losing that many games he’ll be gone by Christmas - but I do expect a tough season next year. I too do not believe we will ship all our players out in one window, nor do I expect a slew of new signings. I think we could well integrate a few youth players into the 1st team set up and we will struggle to be much better than top 10. We will again be asked to ‘trust the process’.

dinostar77

I truly hope this is not “Fat Man’s” hyperbole and that United are prepared to say to ten Hag, “Fix it. Do whatever you feel needs to be done.”
No doubt RR probably briefed ETH before the interview. Hopefully RR stays on in his consultancy capacity and can support ETH at board level.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The only thing I don't like are these reports of Bayern being his dream job. I know it's a long shot, but I can totally see them trying to poach him after a successful season or two.
Nah, if he's got two successful seasons here, a huge if, then he'll absolutely love it as he'll be completely adored. Look at Klopp. What's he going to do at Bayern that hasn't been done multiple times already, in the very recent past as well. Winning the league there is standard. Unless he were to turn them into serial CL winners, there's not much scope for improvement. United on the other hand is an absolute mess and if he can restore this club to something resembling what it was he'll be in dreamland.

Artimities

Loving what this dude seems to be about. Mentioning silverware is a must and I am watching Ajax while I can to see what this guy is going to bring. If he can manage to win while his players know he will be leaving says a lot to me about what kind of manager he is.

Trex

Nah, if he's got two successful seasons here, a huge if, then he'll absolutely love it as he'll be completely adored. Look at Klopp. What's he going to do at Bayern that hasn't been done multiple times already, in the very recent past as well. Winning the league there is standard. Unless he were to turn them into serial CL winners, there's not much scope for improvement. United on the other hand is an absolute mess and if he can restore this club to something resembling what it was he'll be in dreamland.
Yes there's nothing Bayern can offer him that we can't though, if he is good enough to take us to the top then, we're actually a better job due to the attraction of the EPL itself.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
have to say, I'm not enthused by the fact that Darren Fletcher was one of the interviewers - just what are his qualifications for that?

m1tch

Does anyone have that post that was taken from Reddit a few days ago? It was from the same guy that told everyone to be aware of an up and coming Ten Hag whilst at Utrect, and he wrote other post on how he expects him to get on at United.

Edit:
Nevermind, found it
Can't say reading that Reddit post fills me with more confidence to be honest, certainly not in terms of working with the players he has. Comparisons with LVG are troubling as you'd expect, and let's hope he's not going to go full Gillian McKeith. Eccentric interviews are fine though, takes attention off the players.

I would like to see him start transforming AWB into a centre back though.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think there is a problem in the United squad that I don’t think any manager will be able to fix. It’s such a similar situation as Arsenal were in, Aubameyang clearly caused a divide there and as soon as he was taken out of the team their fortunes changed massively. With the talent you have in your squad, even in midfield you should be performing much much better than you have been. Jose was the most successful since Fergie left simply because he could kind of handle the egos involved, but clearly the problem has gotten worse since. You need to sell and get rid of the player(s) involved if Ten Hag is to have a chance.

United in sin

Shame he left, although I'm glad he's doing well in his new role. I think ten Hag would've liked McKenna as a coach, his time under Ole I feel he was hampered in someway, as if his ideas weren't being listened to.
What's this based on? He ran the roost on the training ground, taking sessions with Carrick while Solskjaer pretended to delegate while sitting in his office like a made mob boss/established successful manager.

The players right or wrong voiced their concerns about his basic methods. The club even asked Solskjaer if he needed new coaches and he claimed McKenna and Carrick were world class. McKenna was instrumental in brining over his 28 year old former college buddy in as set piece coach. He had more influence than many think.

pascell

What's this based on? He ran the roost on the training ground, taking sessions with Carrick while Solskjaer pretended to delegate while sitting in his office like a made mob boss/established successful manager.

The players right or wrong voiced their concerns about his basic methods. The club even asked Solskjaer if he needed new coaches and he claimed McKenna and Carrick were world class. McKenna was instrumental in brining over his 28 year old former college buddy in as set piece coach. He had more influence than many think.
He can only run drills that suit the managers preffered tactics and instructions, as we saw how McKenna had the u18s playing, didn't line up with the tactics that Ole played. So his hands are tied training drills that don't match his preferred choice.

You're clearly believed every The S*n newspaper headline so I won't even dignify that second hot take, or should I say hot sh*t of a second comment.

United in sin

He can only run drills that suit the managers preffered tactics and instructions, as we saw how McKenna had the u18s playing, didn't line up with the tactics that Ole played. So his hands are tied training drills that don't match his preferred choice.

You're clearly believed every The S*n newspaper headline so I won't even dignify that second hot take, or should I say hot sh*t of a second comment.
No, we both don't know exactly how shit went down in training, but using my own discernment which I admit could be wrong I feel McKenna was given a lot of autonomy at Carrington.

Solskjaer may have 'delegated' but he also came off as someone too trusting and who wanted to create a cushy environment which came at the expense of footballing excellence. The leaks at this club have been real, and while the media outlets like to spill their own juice on top of things just to generate clicks they're traces and elements of truth to a lot of reports that have come out since the LVG reign.
Many of which were proven to be indeed partially or even wholly true.

Again as with all news, you use discernment and come to your own overall conclusion and accept you might be wrong over things not made official (the official narratives can be constructed as well). In my assessment of things under Solskjaer I think a lot of what's been said about McKenna is true. How did his college buddy Ramsay get a job at the club with very little experience if any at a top level in the role he fills?

How was it that Solskjaer sat his ass in the office like he was Fergie when even more established and detail mad managers like Guardiola and Klopp actually take training? Most of the real students of the game in coaching are hands on. McKenna had more influence than is acknowledged in my opinion

https://thepeoplesperson.com/2021/1...oards-offer-to-improve-coaching-staff-242695/

Last edited:

shaky

have to say, I'm not enthused by the fact that Darren Fletcher was one of the interviewers - just what are his qualifications for that?
Yeah, I'd rather some corporate goon with a banking background interviewed him instead.

Blood Mage

Good on Ten Hag to call out how shite our scouting has been these past few years. We've let so many bargains and exciting prospects go to other clubs while spunking £140m on Maguire and Wan Bissaka (the no.1 pick out of 800 right-backs scouted, feck me).

United in sin

Good on Ten Hag to call out how shite our scouting has been these past few years. We've let so many bargains and exciting prospects go to other clubs while spunking £140m on Maguire and Wan Bissaka (the no.1 pick out of 800 right-backs scouted, feck me).
And they're still ignoring Ragknick over midfield suggestions he made (Haidara, Nkunku, Kamara in January) and seem to want to splash on 100M Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.