Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ooh Adnan you have a way with words - you do know how to win me over with your logic :-) Looking forward to ETH after reading that ! Its just every key decision they have made over the last 9 years, they have got not just wrong but spectacularly wrong, verging on incompetence. I hope they have let Murtough decide and that he knows his stuff.. Wont be completely happy until the current owners are gone tbh though
It's best to be cautiously optimistic mate.

Bondi77

His loan spell at Sevilla has been a disaster and his wife has just left him, so it might have changed his views on whether the grass will be greener somewhere else. Maybe he'll report to pre-season ready to knuckle down and get on with it.

Or not.
Must have been putting the same effort in between the sheets as well then!

AneRu

It's best to be cautiously optimistic mate.
I think a lot will depend on how ge reacts to his 'LVGsque Leicester type of humbling', LVG changed course after that and that was his undoing.

gajender

I think a lot will depend on how ge reacts to his 'LVGsque Leicester type of humbling', LVG changed course after that and that was his undoing.
How this myth persists along with that mythical magical run of 3 games is quite baffling , We were quite poor prior to Leicester game as well LVG didn't change any course that's just excuses for the man who bored most to the sleep for majority of his tenure with United.
Signs were already there that he wasn't good enough by the time he got to United had we not gone by results of his World Cup exploits but with the actual performances on the field .

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
How this myth persists along with that mythical magical run of 3 games is quite baffling , We were quite poor prior to Leicester game as well LVG didn't change any course that's just excuses for the man who bored most to the sleep for majority of his tenure with United.
Signs were already there that he wasn't good enough by the time he got to United had we not gone by results of his World Cup exploits but with the actual performances on the field .
LVG did change his approach after the Leicester game. He went far more defensive.

Kaos

Ronaldo to PSG to play with Messi. that is how I see this playing out.
I don't see that happening. PSG's problems have stemmed from them trying to shoehorn in as much superstars as they can fit into their team, Ronaldo would only exacerbate that.

Blood Mage

Ronaldo to PSG to play with Messi. that is how I see this playing out.
I can't see it, even they're not stupid enough to have two over the hill superstars on massive wages on their books. I can see Ronaldo going to the MLS.

Volksie316

So as it stands, the players leaving in the summer are….

Cavani
Lingard
Mata

The ones very likely to leave are…

Henderson
Bailly
Pogba
Matic(New report from Shrager)

That’s a lot of players leaving and that doesn’t even include Greenwood’s uncertainty.

Out of all those players, only a couple would we get a fee for, as most of them are out of contract.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So as it stands, the players leaving in the summer are….

Cavani
Lingard
Mata

The ones very likely to leave are…

Henderson
Bailly
Pogba
Matic(New report from Shrager)

That’s a lot of players leaving and that doesn’t even include Greenwood’s uncertainty.

Out of all those players, only a couple would we get a fee for, as most of them are out of contract.
But would free up a lot of budget that was directed towards salary

Mickson

So it appears the club have gone with the popular social media fan choice, which is unsurprising, given every decision taken at the club appears to be to appease fans opinion on social media. I dont know Ten Haag, I do know that the Dutch league is not as good as the Premier League, so it will be interesting to see how he adapts.

It may be the right choice and after 9 years of bad decisions, I hope it is the right one(it has to be) but I cant help having no faith in the decision making process.

I hope he gets the autonomy to build something from the foundations up, and not bow down to social pressures or player power, which seem to dominate the club these days.

There used to be a saying associated with United - Hated, Adored, Never Ignored - well the way the club has been run for a long time, we have started to become irrelevant, which given our history and worldwide support is some achievement by the Glazers and the Board - well done bravo. With this in mind, they have got to give the man a long time, if they can see him on the right path, as the mess we are in is going to take time to sort out - there is no short term fix.

Accept no CL for the next few seasons, build a new team, one with team spirit, and aspirations of achievement, hard work, and pulling for one another at the heart of it and players that know their roles within the team, and not one player is bigger or more important than the team - only then when we have these basic principles then can we try and build back.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Varane around town

My take? Ten Hag is the best of the available picks at the moment. The only suitable choices were Ten Hag or Pochettino. With Poch you know what you’re getting, or at least you think you do. There’s no getting away from the fact that he’s failed at Paris. He’s got all the money and all the players anyone could ever want and he’s blown it.

Ten Hag benefits from being unknown. I think there are big risks with Ten Hag. Lots of managers have come from Ajax and turned out to be nothing special. The Netherlands is a great footballing country but the standard of the league there is poor. It's full of Premier League has beens or never beens who've managed to head over there and look great again. Being positive, we've seen evidence of ETH mixing up with the big boys with an Ajax side that was full of infants.

I just can’t wait for our new manager to come in so I can feel excited again. It’s really come to something when the only reason I’m walking across my road to watch United is that I’ve already spent my money and it would be a waste of a ticket not to.

We need to patient of course. It’s going to be a long march back. It’s going to take a few seasons of finishing 3rd, 4th with some good transfer windows and decent cup runs. I’m all here for it.

croadyman

Shame he left, although I'm glad he's doing well in his new role. I think ten Hag would've liked McKenna as a coach, his time under Ole I feel he was hampered in someway, as if his ideas weren't being listened to.
Yeah think Erik may have been more open to taking his ideas on board than Ole was

Giggs' right foot

*United having an awful history with transfers for almost a decade*

*Potential manager then calls this glaring fact out"

United: Surprised Pikachu face.

fecking morons all of them.... They really expect managers of 2022 to jump on the laps of the United board as soon as we have a vacant manager's seat.

Real Name

fecking morons all of them.... They really expect managers of 2022 to jump on the laps of the United board as soon as we have a vacant manager's seat.
Its either that or the media making a soap opera about the whole thing.

Edit: It's Custis, he's reliable about United I think?

Last edited:

Flexdegea

Will that sort of what happened here.

He jumped onto the lap

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If ten Hag shocked his bosses/employers before he was even hired (it's the Sun but also Custis), our little tender social media players might be in for a rude awakening.

I expect a very bumpy start and hope the fanbase stay on his side long enough to root out the mediocrity out of our playing squad.

buchansleftleg

It's going to get VERY nasty for the first few months. I'm steeled for absolutely terrible performances and stories in the press until Christmas.

We won't clear house fully this summer and a few players will kid themselves they can adapt to ETH's way of playing or they are so "special" he will make an exception for them.

So there will need to be a second purge of players in the January window. We could even be looking like being drawn into relegation places at that point.

So the fans will need to keep faith. Look for limited spells of play that will be signs of the future.

It will be like watching United's U23 games I suspect. We tend to play younger guys, whilst other teams have more seasoned squad players who out muscle us.

Change is never easy, but it will be worth it.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's going to get VERY nasty for the first few months. I'm steeled for absolutely terrible performances and stories in the press until Christmas.

We won't clear house fully this summer and a few players will kid themselves they can adapt to ETH's way of playing or they are so "special" he will make an exception for them.

So there will need to be a second purge of players in the January window. We could even be looking like being drawn into relegation places at that point.

So the fans will need to keep faith. Look for limited spells of play that will be signs of the future.

It will be like watching United's U23 games I suspect. We tend to play younger guys, whilst other teams have more seasoned squad players who out muscle us.

Change is never easy, but it will be worth it.
:lol:

Corridor of Uncertainty

Does anyone have that post that was taken from Reddit a few days ago? It was from the same guy that told everyone to be aware of an up and coming Ten Hag whilst at Utrect, and he wrote other post on how he expects him to get on at United.

Edit:
Nevermind, found it

Status
Not open for further replies.