g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

have to say, I'm not enthused by the fact that Darren Fletcher was one of the interviewers - just what are his qualifications for that?
Let's just say we're happy we got our man and leave it at that because between us I'm not exactly shocked by the rumours that they got grilled by the candidate they were supposed to be interviewing.

Might even have been prudent to have Rangnick present. You know the one with actual experience interviewing managers.

Greck

This is so satisfying to read. Remember when these babies were crying about RR making them work extra hours and giving them tactics to study at home. Bloody fools. We pay top dollar for every single player and they have the nerve to complain about high workload. Just start sending in those transfer requests.

Rolaholic

This is so satisfying to read. Remember when these babies were crying about RR making them work extra hours and giving them tactics to study at home. Bloody fools. We pay top dollar for every single player and they have the nerve to complain about high workload.
Yea I'm excited over the prospect of having him getting a full preseason in. The squad fitness levels should be the best they've been in years for next season. So often they just can't keep up with some of the more press oriented sides in the league. Gonna be a welcome change

Cloud7

This is good to read. When I watched the City Liverpool game, while there were many areas you could say we are far behind them in, by far the most staggering difference was the physical intensity of their play. The pressing, the amount of running, the constant movement, we do none of that.

GoldanoGraham

I think we are starting to see players jumping ship, many for a number of reasons, but collectively they haven’t been good enough and maybe finally the realisation that it’s the end of the gravy train and power from the players may well now shift. Hard work for those who have become too comfortable in coasting is a frightening thought so best they bail….just totting up the weekly salary savings will be immense.

Young and Hungry players…..that’s what we need….all pulling for the new manager….wow what a thought…..

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Cocks out time!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully some of the deluded fans take note aswell who are blaming the manager despite players downtooling. No top manager wastes time in convincing downtooling players, they're shown the exit door asap.

Top managers are ruthless and don't waste time coddling toxic players. Man-management does not entail wasting time on toxic players, top managers are good at man-management because they know whom to man-manage and whom to feck off while some of our fans think every player including those who don't give a flying feck need to be coddled. Remind me again did fergie ever tolerate anyone who didn't put in a shift ? They were fecked off instantly, it was his way or the highway. Its the same with pep and klop aswell. Fergie man-managed those players who were talented and who put in a fecking shift but were still not clicking, he wouldn't have wasted time in coddling lingard, rashford and pogba who produce turd on the pitch and are off vacationing every other month.

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You’re right , bring back Ed Woodward
not exactly a logical reply... we need proper director of football and, as I've said before, I wish Ten Hag could bring Edwin with him to replace guy I see as little more than Woodward's clone

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Let's just say we're happy we got our man and leave it at that because between us I'm not exactly shocked by the rumours that they got grilled by the candidate they were supposed to be interviewing.

Might even have been prudent to have Rangnick present. You know the one with actual experience interviewing managers.
agreed... in fact, I thought that's what ralf was pretty much hired for... again our board f@cking things up before we even start

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Is there a PhD in football club management that he could have done?
no.. but maybe a bit of experience at other clubs before one of the largest in the world. not many people go in straight at the top - in any form of job

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Yeah, I'd rather some corporate goon with a banking background interviewed him instead.
what about sensible compromise: you know, someone who'd done the job elsewhere before getting one of the biggest in football. I mean picking a former player worked so well at manager level, didn't it?

Tarrou

*United having an awful history with transfers for almost a decade*

*Potential manager then calls this glaring fact out"

United: Surprised Pikachu face.

fecking morons all of them.... They really expect managers of 2022 to jump on the laps of the United board as soon as we have a vacant manager's seat.
a bit ironic calling people morons after believing that mate

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Yea I'm excited over the prospect of having him getting a full preseason in. The squad fitness levels should be the best they've been in years for next season. So often they just can't keep up with some of the more press oriented sides in the league. Gonna be a welcome change
I've said for at least two years that we didn't look as fit as all the other top sides (and some of the "lesser" ones too). It was one of the (many) things, I said Ole was getting wrong

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
not exactly a logical reply... we need proper director of football and, as I've said before, I wish Ten Hag could bring Edwin with him to replace guy I see as little more than Woodward's clone
Van der Sar isn't a director of Football, he has never done that job. Also it would quite amusing to see a head coach bring a CEO.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I think we are starting to see players jumping ship, many for a number of reasons, but collectively they haven’t been good enough and maybe finally the realisation that it’s the end of the gravy train and power from the players may well now shift. Hard work for those who have become too comfortable in coasting is a frightening thought so best they bail….just totting up the weekly salary savings will be immense.

Young and Hungry players…..that’s what we need….all pulling for the new manager….wow what a thought…..
you don't win anything with kids... oh wait, I mean you don't win everything with kids... oh wait...

seriously though, we need a blend of youth and experience. I know everyone talks about the Class of 92, but there were older, wiser heads in all our successful teams. what we do need is for the new boss to backed 100% on every player he wants to buy and on every player he wants to sell. and he must be strong enough to stand up to the board where necessary and threaten to resign if they play their usual game of silly buggers. everyone here blames the Glazers (and they may be right) but it's our board that have got so much wrong time and again over the past 10 years

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Van der Sar isn't a director of Football, he has never done that job. Also it would quite amusing to see a head coach bring a CEO.
no... I said Edwin to replace Arnold! I didn't say it can be done, I said I wish it could be done

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can't say reading that Reddit post fills me with more confidence to be honest, certainly not in terms of working with the players he has. Comparisons with LVG are troubling as you'd expect, and let's hope he's not going to go full Gillian McKeith. Eccentric interviews are fine though, takes attention off the players.

I would like to see him start transforming AWB into a centre back though.
I think we have to start with the basics: transform AWB into a footballer! I've lost count of how many goals his poor positioning has given away :devil:

JPRouve

Scout
no... I said Edwin to replace Arnold! I didn't say it can be done, I said I wish it could be done
Why? What would be the actual benefits, most top clubs CEOs are like Arnold and not like VDS. What skills would VDS bring?

Tarrou

I mean Arnold is obviously way more qualified for that role than VdS. We don’t really need a football man as CEO, we just need a CEO willing to let let the football men make the football decisions - which so far seems to be the case.

JPRouve

Scout
I mean Arnold is obviously way more qualified for that role than VdS. We don’t really need a football man as CEO, we just need a CEO willing to let let the football men make the football decisions - which so far seems to be the case.
And we have no clue about VDS football man abilities, he hasn't really done any technical job, Ajax haven't given him those jobs either. He was a marketing director before that. What people are doing is assume that VdS qualities have anything to do with Football just because he played Football. Now one would wonder why the same isn't applied to Fletcher or why people don't give the benefits of doubt to someone like Murtough who actually have a technical experience.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
what about sensible compromise: you know, someone who'd done the job elsewhere before getting one of the biggest in football. I mean picking a former player worked so well at manager level, didn't it?
Posts like this are so ridiculous. The truth is that you have absolutely no idea of Fletcher’s qualities and capabilities but you’re dismissing him because he was a player here. Bizarre. Especially when he’s done feck all wrong so far. This is the latest thing going around Twitter, he seems to be the new scape goat.

Acquire Me

Posts like this are so ridiculous. The truth is that you have absolutely no idea of Fletcher’s qualities and capabilities but you’re dismissing him because he was a player here. Bizarre. Especially when he’s done feck all wrong so far. This is the latest thing going around Twitter, he seems to be the new scape goat.
95% of people on Twitter are those who usually know a little bit of everything and generally like to run their mouth.

People with actual insight and knowledge are the ones I’d like to hear from.

Fletcher, a former player, can be more than just a former player. I think Sewey is spot on; we don’t know anything about his qualities and capabilities. The fact he got the position he got suggest that he deserves the opportunity.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
95% of people on Twitter are those who usually know a little bit of everything and generally like to run their mouth.

People with actual insight and knowledge are the ones I’d like to hear from.

Fletcher, a former player, can be more than just a former player. I think Sewey is spot on; we don’t know anything about his qualities and capabilities. The fact he got the position he got suggest that he deserves the opportunity.
https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/fl...-manager-mitten-on-the-mufc-reshuffle-1162975

TheReligion

Abusive
I think there is a problem in the United squad that I don’t think any manager will be able to fix. It’s such a similar situation as Arsenal were in, Aubameyang clearly caused a divide there and as soon as he was taken out of the team their fortunes changed massively. With the talent you have in your squad, even in midfield you should be performing much much better than you have been. Jose was the most successful since Fergie left simply because he could kind of handle the egos involved, but clearly the problem has gotten worse since. You need to sell and get rid of the player(s) involved if Ten Hag is to have a chance.
Matic, Mata, Pogba, Lingard and Cavani all gone in the summer for certain.

Ideal for a rebuild and that’s not mentioning other players who can be sold or moved on.

Personally think it’s ideal timing for ten Hag to come in. He’ll also have two transfer budgets to spend (summer and January one we didn’t use), along with the new backrooom structure and his own coaching team.

Red00012

You know Arnold is far more qualified than VDS don’t you ? I don’t see why VDS is the answer to everything by some people on here . For all we know Murtough and Fletcher are excellent at what they do , it’s just easier to criticise them because they haven’t a big name in the football circle .

Red00012

We will run into the same problems if we don’t get rid of certain players. I’m sure Ralf will tell him the bad eggs inside the dressing room. He comes across as very honest in his interviews . Note Lingard and Martial

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We will run into the same problems if we don’t get rid of certain players. I’m sure Ralf will tell him the bad eggs inside the dressing room. He comes across as very honest in his interviews . Note Lingard and Martial
Lingard hopefully will get a club. If he will accept a pay cut, unless it is Newcastle of course. Otherwise he might become an ex-footballer as I hope we will not be stupid enough to resign him.

AdNani

Lingard hopefully will get a club. If he will accept a pay cut, unless it is Newcastle of course. Otherwise he might become an ex-footballer as I hope we will not be stupid enough to resign him.
he will definitely get a club. He'll go back to West Ham or Newcastle. he'll have plenty of other options, he's a very good player to pick up on a free.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You know Arnold is far more qualified than VDS don’t you ? I don’t see why VDS is the answer to everything by some people on here . For all we know Murtough and Fletcher are excellent at what they do , it’s just easier to criticise them because they haven’t a big name in the football circle .
Fletcher has no experience in the job is the point I'm making. And VDS has been a chief executive for six years, Arnold has been that for two months. Maybe you are worse at maths than me (which takes some effort). Before that he was a managing director and I'm told got a degree in biology...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
all I'm saying is you expect United to employ someone experienced... not many people go straight into a totally new job at the top. It's typical of the board to go half-arsed having waiting years to appoint a DoF

Acquire Me

Fletcher has no experience in the job is the point I'm making. And VDS has been a chief executive for six years, Arnold has been that for two months. Maybe you are worse at maths than me (which takes some effort). Before that he was a managing director and I'm told got a degree in biology...
You need to read a bit more about Arnold tbh.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Why? What would be the actual benefits, most top clubs CEOs are like Arnold and not like VDS. What skills would VDS bring?
more experience in the job... worked his way up at Ajax... has played the game/background in the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.