Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
more experience in the job... worked his way up at Ajax... has played the game/background in the job...
You think that between Van der Sar and Arnold, the former is the one that worked his way up and has more experience as an executive?

Richard Arnold is the Group Managing Director and a Director of the Company. In his capacity as Group Managing Director, Mr. Arnold oversees all commercial and operational aspects of the Company. Mr. Arnold also serves as Chairman of the Manchester United Foundation.

In his previous role as Commercial Director (until 30 June 2013) he was responsible for the management and growth of the Company’s sponsorship business, retail, merchandising, apparel & product licensing business, and digital media business. In this capacity he was nominated for SportBusiness International’s Sports innovator of the year list in 2011. In each of 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, Mr. Arnold has been named as an LGBT+ Executive Ally by the charity OUTstanding, in recognition of the work he has done to progress LGBT+ inclusion at Manchester United for employees and supporters. In addition to this, Mr. Arnold was named as Diversity Ally of the Year at the European Diversity Awards in 2019. Mr. Arnold was previously Deputy Managing Director of InterVoice Ltd responsible for the international channel sales and marketing division of InterVoice Inc., a NASDAQ listed technology company, between 2002 and 2007. He was nominated as a finalist for Young Director of the Year by the United Kingdom Institute of Directors in 2004 and 2005. Prior to InterVoice, he worked at Global Crossing Europe Ltd, a company in the technology sector, on its restructure between 1999 and 2002.

Prior to this he was a senior manager in the telecommunications and media practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers from 1993 to 1999, including working on the privatization of the Saudi Telecommunications Corporation and the Initial Public Offering of Orange in the United Kingdom. He received an honors Bachelor of Science degree in biology from Bristol University in 1993 and received his Chartered Accountancy qualification in 1996.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You think that between Van der Sar and Arnold, the former is the one that worked his way up and has more experience as an executive?

Richard Arnold is the Group Managing Director and a Director of the Company. In his capacity as Group Managing Director, Mr. Arnold oversees all commercial and operational aspects of the Company. Mr. Arnold also serves as Chairman of the Manchester United Foundation.

In his previous role as Commercial Director (until 30 June 2013) he was responsible for the management and growth of the Company’s sponsorship business, retail, merchandising, apparel & product licensing business, and digital media business. In this capacity he was nominated for SportBusiness International’s Sports innovator of the year list in 2011. In each of 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, Mr. Arnold has been named as an LGBT+ Executive Ally by the charity OUTstanding, in recognition of the work he has done to progress LGBT+ inclusion at Manchester United for employees and supporters. In addition to this, Mr. Arnold was named as Diversity Ally of the Year at the European Diversity Awards in 2019. Mr. Arnold was previously Deputy Managing Director of InterVoice Ltd responsible for the international channel sales and marketing division of InterVoice Inc., a NASDAQ listed technology company, between 2002 and 2007. He was nominated as a finalist for Young Director of the Year by the United Kingdom Institute of Directors in 2004 and 2005. Prior to InterVoice, he worked at Global Crossing Europe Ltd, a company in the technology sector, on its restructure between 1999 and 2002.

Prior to this he was a senior manager in the telecommunications and media practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers from 1993 to 1999, including working on the privatization of the Saudi Telecommunications Corporation and the Initial Public Offering of Orange in the United Kingdom. He received an honors Bachelor of Science degree in biology from Bristol University in 1993 and received his Chartered Accountancy qualification in 1996.
I suggest you look at what Arnold has worked as... sales exec doesn't exactly equal able to run United in my world. I know lots of people who've worked for PriceWaterhouse - and I wouldn't want any of them near United! Sorry but Arnold is just a Woodward clone to me

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I suggest you look at what Arnold has worked as... sales exec doesn't exactly equal able to run United in my world
He has worked as the CFO which often leads to a CEO promotion. He has also already been a managing director including outside of United. Van der Sar was the marketing director a year after retirement and got that job without working his way up, he could be talented, I won't take that away from him but he didn't work his way up and he doesn't have more experience than Arnold who has twice as much experience as an executive because he had to work his way up.

Devil’s Trident

We wanted our Pep Guardiola is my idol and we not only got him but also got the assistant Pep Guardiola is my idol of our Pep Guardiola is my idol. :drool: Now let’s get stam on board too and make it the club of bald frauds:drool::drool:
Imagine the sight of them 3 sitting in the dug out or standing on the touchline :devil:

Tiber

I must admit I like the idea of a manager who directly oversees training. But Fergie's books make clear that he was very hands off when it came to day to day training for much of his time at United, so it clearly isn't a necessity.

Hoof the ball

I must admit I like the idea of a manager who directly oversees training. But Fergie's books make clear that he was very hands off when it came to day to day training for much of his time at United, so it clearly isn't a necessity.
Well, it only isn't a necessity if you delegate someone with immense coaching pedrigree in your stead. Which is what Sir Alex was great at. But if that manager just happens to be a big-brain on the coaching field, then two birds with one stone!

Dansk

I just love those Dutch names, they all sound like lords in a grimdark feudal fantasy world.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
If you're gonna include Poch in the poll then you should add in Dychie too.

el3mel

Ten Hag was probably just getting himself used to losing since he's joining us.

Tiber

Real shame about the World Cup timing, I thought Luis Enrique could have been a great manager here.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Just feels nailed on really that he will go to City once Guardiola decides to go, surely?
It wouldn't be a surprise but remember two managers came between Pep and Lucho at Barcelona. In the event United were able to lure Enrique, City would have probably turned their attention to Ten Hag whenever Pep leaves. As it is United will have their own baldy in charge. City won't appoint somebody with a drastically different football philosophy to Pep.

Blood Mage

Real shame about the World Cup timing, I thought Luis Enrique could have been a great manager here.
If ETH is a disaster Enrique will be free in January anyway. And yeah I agree he would've been first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.