Neymar joins PSG on a five year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

0161_UNITED

What are they going to do with the money? Buying Verratti is a great move for obvious reasons and might be a sweetener in the deal but he's not going to change their style or chip in with added goals from midfield. There's only so much they can do in a limited time with attacking signings, getting players like Mbappe or even Dembele seems ambitious at this stage of the window which leaves them chasing a more realistic option like Coutinho and is he really an adequate replacement for Neymar? Liverpool will demand a significant portion of the Neymar money too, so I'd put that dancing on hold.
Why would Liverpool demand a significant portion of the Neymar money? What the hell are you on about?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A great business for Barsa in my opinion. It would be even better if they don't include Verratti for 100m€.

Alanxyz

Putting to one side the astronomical oil backed fees being quoted and paid these days and look at in terms of he's currently valued at approximately four times the value of Kyle Walker. Think of what you'd realistically value Walker at, multiply it by four and that value for Neymar probably doesn't look such a bad deal at all.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Oh that. I suppose that's fair.

He did score 39 goals in 2014-2015. Think he could approach those numbers again, but the price will always demand more goals.
He should put up Zlatan/Cavani type numbers (50 goals) in France. If he doesn't then questions will be asked after the price they paid for him (assuming this actually happens).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What are they going to do with the money? Buying Verratti is a great move for obvious reasons and might be a sweetener in the deal but he's not going to change their style or chip in with added goals from midfield. There's only so much they can do in a limited time with attacking signings, getting players like Mbappe or even Dembele seems ambitious at this stage of the window which leaves them chasing a more realistic option like Coutinho and is he really an adequate replacement for Neymar? Liverpool will demand a significant portion of the Neymar money too, so I'd put that dancing on hold.
Huh?

0161_UNITED

Eh, because Coutinho plays for Liverpool? He'll be expensive
220 million and the loss of those massive wages can buy a lot. Barca hasn't bought anyone, to my knowledge. I'm not a Barca fan, and I haven't the foggiest who'd they buy. Coutinho? Maybe.. but I'd bet his transfer fee and wages won't match Neymar's ... if this crap is true

Eddy_JukeZ

He should put up Zlatan/Cavani type numbers (50 goals) in France. If he doesn't then questions will be asked after the price they paid for him (assuming this actually happens).
In theory yes, but I don't think he'd ever approach those numbers personally.

His finishing has slightly declined the past 2 seasons. Maybe he'd recapture it with a change of scenery.

Dazzmondo

220 million and the loss of those massive wages can buy a lot. Barca hasn't bought anyone, to my knowledge. I'm not a Barca fan, and I haven't the foggiest who'd they buy. Coutinho? Maybe.. but I'd bet his transfer fee and wages won't match Neymar's ... if this crap is true
Didn't they buy Semedo? Don't think he cost that much though. Like €35m. I'd say Liverpool would demand £100m at least (probably more). His wages would be a lot less I'd imagine

EDIT: Barca also bought Deulofeu for €12m and Marlon Santos for €5m

Runner

Putting to one side the astronomical oil backed fees being quoted and paid these days and look at in terms of he's currently valued at approximately four times the value of Kyle Walker. Think of what you'd realistically value Walker at, multiply it by four and that value for Neymar probably doesn't look such a bad deal at all.
:lol: i like that kyle walker is now the barometer for huge signings

Moonred

How the hell would you know what Coutinho's fee and wages would be if Barca came in for him heavy, like?
Christ, what's so difficult to understand. If Coutinho is sold, it won't be for free or peanuts. That's what he meant. Whether that's significant or even relevant in grand terms is a separate debate.

0161_UNITED

Didn't they buy Semedo? Don't think he cost that much though. Like €35m. I'd say Liverpool would demand £100m at least (probably more). His wages would be a lot less I'd imagine
It's all hypothetical. I have zero interest in Coutinho, and how much he'd cost.

My only point is Barca would have 220 mil in straight cash (as I understand a buyout is the full amount upfront in Spain) andthey'd erase those wages from the books, plus they'd avoid having to deal with the Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo nuclear arms race every few months where they pull their skirts above their knees to get a new contracts.

The replacement doesn't interest me, but they could buy practically anyone, IMO.

Hojoon

I went to RMC sport's website and they said they reached agreement with Neymar but reluctant to pay the release clause. RMC sport is where Bouhafsi, who's considered as reliable as they come, works for.

0161_UNITED

Christ, what's so difficult to understand. If Coutinho is sold, it won't be for free or peanuts. That's what he meant. Whether that's significant or even relevant in grand terms is a separate debate.
I was questioning both significance and relevance.

We need an rvn

Even in today's crazy money, shattering a WR fee by c£90m is just crazy. Hope it doesn't happen to be honest.

I can understand him being annoyed at being in Messi's shadow being as good as he is, but Messi was never the man that ran barca or was Mr Barca. Barca was Puyol / Xavi / Iniesta with the amazing spark that was Messi. Now he just seems to be a guy who's the best player in the world without the stable forces around him and we can see how they're going in decline (in relative terms)

Wouldn't do Neymar any good, other than financially, to move to PSG.

LoneStar

This is a difficult decision for Barca I feel. On one hand a player like Neymar is extremely hard to find. He's too 3 in the world and anyone else would be a step down.

But with 220m, and a load of wages freed, they'll be able to buy big name players. I heard their wage structure is messed up. Maybe what they need is a bit of a revamp to find their mojo back.

I hope United don't go for him though,not for that fee. On top of the transfer fee, his wage demands will be insane. Yes we are rich, but this is just plain gambling. One serious injury and that's pretty much 220m + his wages down the drain. Or what if he decides he does not like Manchester and it's weather?

From Neymar's perspective, it doesn't really make sense. Barca have a much better chance of winning the CL than PSG and the league is just boring. If he wants money fair enough. But I think he can wait for another year or two, his value definitely won't go down.

If PSG are doing this because of Verratti, respect to them. I feel United should start doing the same. If Real Madrid come for DDG, start bidding for Ronaldo, Bale and Kroos. That'll shut them up.

Dazzmondo

It's all hypothetical. I have zero interest in Coutinho, and how much he'd cost.

My only point is Barca would have 220 mil in straight cash (as I understand a buyout is the full amount upfront in Spain) andthey'd erase those wages from the books, plus they'd avoid having to deal with the Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo nuclear arms race every few months where they pull their skirts above their knees to get a new contracts.

The replacement doesn't interest me, but they could buy practically anyone, IMO.
This is the problem with what you're saying though. They absolutely could not. If a top team don't want to sell their top players, don't expect to see anyone moving for any less than at least £100m (the likes of Harry Kane probably wouldn't even be sold for £200m, he's more useful to the club than the money). The only exception would probably be Sanchez because of his contract situation but I can't imagine he'd be in a big rush to go back to Barcelona

Alemar

If all those reports are true, Ed Woodward shall immediately submit a notice of release clause activation for Neymar. Immediately. Easily the 3rd best player in the world, with absolutely enormous marketing potential and only 25 years old. To add to that, it would be so much easier to attract top talent in the future years as people would be happy to play together with De gea, pogba and Neymar.

0161_UNITED

This is the problem with what you're saying though. They absolutely could not. If a top team don't want to sell their top players, don't expect to see anyone moving for any less than at least £100m (the likes of Harry Kane probably wouldn't even be sold for £200m, he's more useful to the club than the money). The only exception would probably be Sanchez because of his contract situation but I can't imagine he'd be in a big rush to go back to Barcelona
I disagree. Barca still has a huge draw. I'm just not interested in these hypothetical signings. Let a Barca fan deal with those.

Hamadovich86

Wow this is actually on? feck me 220 million is a crazy sum of money. Neymar is an incredible talent and going to Barcelona while Messi is still in his prime meant that he will always take a back seat.

If PSG pull this off it'll be incredible I'm not sure that he'll guarantee a CL title but then again no single player is.

0161_UNITED

How much do you think Barca will have to pay to get Coutinho? If it's 70-80m, I'd say that's pretty significant.
220 mil in transfer fee up front plus wages off the books, pal. I don't care about Coutinho or whoever you fellas want to replace him. They'll be able to buy just about anyone. They still have a huge draw, and players will force their way out to get there.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I went to RMC sport's website and they said they reached agreement with Neymar but reluctant to pay the release clause. RMC sport is where Bouhafsi, who's considered as reliable as they come, works for.
There is no way this is happening. Barca wont accept a fee lower than the RC.

Dazzmondo

220 mil in transfer fee up front plus wages off the books, pal. I don't care about Coutinho or whoever you fellas want to replace him. They'll be able to buy just about anyone. They still have a huge draw, and players will force their way out to get there.
Players can't force their way out of a club if they have a contract

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
Getting Neymar must be the heroin of transfers.

So jealous of PSG.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Well force in the sense, throwing a hissy fit and saying they wont to move. They act like they are unhappy and the club will eventually bow to the player's demands if they dont want to disrupt the team chemistry.

The Bloody-Nine

They can and do quite often. The most recent notable one would be Payet just last season. Signed a long term contract the previous year, then refused to play.

Moonred

:lol:

They won't be able to buy anyone they want and it certainly won't be anyone close enough to replace Neymar. So crux of the matter is, no Barca fans will be dancing on the streets. Not literally, not figuratively.

Status
Not open for further replies.